[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miata help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 97white.jpg (196 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
97white.jpg
196 KB, 1024x768
Hey /o/, I recently (like last month) bought a Miata (with 110k miles on it and yes its a short nose crankshaft, call me an idiot).

Well, after a bunch of repairs that the poor little miata needed, it now won't idle correctly.

If you put it in neutral it idles at 1,000RPM and feel like its about to stall. Once I rev it up to like 2k, everything smooths out. Any idea what could be causing this? I'll be monitoring this thread and providing answers to questions you might ask.
>>
>>13970387
bump
>>
What repairs did u do? Did u do them Urself?
>>
>>13970387
I had a situation where I clamped a hose between the clamp and my intake which made the car idle real rough/stumble and then stall after a few feet of driving. Might be worth checking behind yourself if you did the repairs.
>>
>>13970544
Upgraded crankshaft, retrofitted oil pump, replaced head gasket. Had a shop do it all
>>
>>13970545
Had a shop do it. Do you know the hose you clamped?
>>
Possible vac leak?
>>
Have u taken it back to the shop? They should stand behind their work and fix it if its related to what they did. At the very least they dia it.
>>
Dirty throttle body
idle speed control valve out of whack
Ecu needs to be defaulted

My guess is throttle body
>>
>>13970588
Oh yeah its still at the shop. I'm just doing my research at home right now to hopefully tomorrow go to them and advise what I think they need to do.
>>
>>13970387
does it have a miss?
egr stuck open/clogged egr?

in my experience egr causes a huge portion of driveability issues in a lot of cars.
>>
File: u5azutez.jpg (85 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
u5azutez.jpg
85 KB, 1024x683
Sorry OP, don't mean to hijack your thread but I have a similar question about my turbo na miata. The idle is at about 2k, what could be causing it and how to fix? I want to say its a vac leak but the idle cones back to normal 900rpm every once in a while. And second, why does the car backfire every once in a while? I'd be driving for about 10 minutes and then when coming off of boost I hear the exhaust shoot out a few pops and I've been told it quickly shoots a small flame too. I mean it's badass but I just want to know what exactly causes it.
>>
>>13970387
my 93 na6 did the same shit near the same mileage and for me it was the valve cover gasket leaking oil into the cylinders and absolutely covering the spark plugs in oil causing a misfire

try pulling the spark plug on cylinder #4, if it's covered in oil then it's time for a new valve cover gasket and time to get new plugs/wires
>>
>>13970980
your intake manifold needs new seals
all of them

how do you justify owning a FI car that you dont know shit about

i bet you bought the car pre-riced didnt you, faggot

>>13971022
dont spoonfeed the faggots
>>
>>13970980
After fire. Use common sense why would there be burning excess fuel coming out of your exhaust.
>>
>>13970980
unplug your idle air control valve and see if your idle drops to normal again. the iac on these cars shit out all the time.
>>
>>13971042
man, fuck off.
>>
>>13971154
Found the owner of the white shitbox
>>
>>13970980
>>13971154
the pops and the flames are from overfueling. its probly a good idea to lrn2engines before boosting one
>>
>>13970387
wat miata is gud
>>
>>13970603
>advise a shop
Pls don't do this
>>
>>13971188
wrong, mines black.

>>13971224
all of them as long as it equipped with LSD
>>
>>13971042
>spoonfeeding
Holy shit, fuck off you wee/a/boo faggot.
>>
>>13971304
Except for the 90-93 models, which featured a VLSD that 1. barely locks at all and 2. grenades as soon as you abuse is regularly with clutch dumps and drifting or make about 30-50% more power.
>>
File: disgust.png (41 KB, 220x207) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
41 KB, 220x207
>>13970603
>go to them and advise what I think they need to do.

HAHAHAHAAH

oh wait are you serious?
>>
OP - why the fuck haven't you taken it back to the shop? I've got no idea why you'd post this here and not go straight back to the garage and tell them it's gone to shit since they fixed it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.