[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the market for a 2002 and I just found this one nearby.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
In the market for a 2002 and I just found this one nearby.

Should I cop? It runs but obviously has a few problems.

https://www.are.na/share/AtgNIHu
>>
He's selling it for 4k.

it also has this :(
>>
Go for it. Those things are awesome!
>>
>>13968381
>>13968394

>market for a 2002
>a 2002
>buying any car post 2000
fucking nope
>>
>>13968457
>>buying any car post 2000
>fucking nope
are you retarded? OP stated in his first post that it is a 2002 model
>>
>>13968457
Fucking totally agree.
>>
>>13968473
Run
>>
>>13968381
fuck thats a dated design for a 2002 bmw
fucking bangle wtf was he thinking
>>
>>13968448
i know they are awesome but did you read the description?

"I purchased this Verona / Black in Denver back in 2007; used it as a weekly driver for 5 of those years. It has treated me really well, and is running fine, but needs some love. I'm asking 4k OBO.

Lots of pictures here : www.are.na/share/AtgNIHu

This is a quick description, but I'm glad to answer any questions.

4 spd. 4th owner. Odo is shot, so mileage unknown, but I've probably only put 25k miles on it. Scanned records going back 20 years. This car is very responsive on the gas, and a hell of a lot of fun to drive. It has been a real workhorse for me. Recently re-worked black vinyl interior looks very nice. New distributor cap, real brake cylinder, alternator bushings, carb air filter assembly. Nardi wheel, weber carb, 90% tires.

Now for the troubles + disclaimers: Brakes are a little sticky, clutch pushes down to/near the floor, but works with double clutching just fine. Recently, new whirring sound coming from gearbox/drive shaft when it runs cold. AC not functioning. Interior details are aging --headliner cracking small holes, carpet messy, some moldings and seals need renewal. Windshield wash fluid motor not working. Shocks need renewal soon. Parking break needs new cable (I have one). Electrical gremlins: Speedo, odo, brake fluid and fuel gages not working. Other instruments are OK. Radio cuts on/off due to loose wiring in front doors. Horn button is installed but not hooked up, issues with shorting fuse on emergency flashers, inconsistent left headlight functionality (brights work fine). Exterior paint is thinning. Some rust in the usual spots: front fenders (in front of doors), front air spoiler, heaviest in the spare tire well, starting on left rear shock towers. Small exterior cracks, dings and rust pocks all around. "

>>13968457
>>13968473
not sure if memeing or unaware
>>
>>13968394
Ick. I'd pay maybe 2500 for it with the rust.
>>
>>13968381
That piece of shit was sold in 2002? Wow BMW
>>
>>13968526
is it hard to repair rusted strut towers?
>>
>>13968547
Eh..It's tedious.
>>
File: Piraus0.png (151 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
Piraus0.png
151 KB, 450x300
>>13968540
xD
>>
>>13968547
You would need some pretty good welding skills to repair them. There is going to be more rust under that paint around the tower
>>
>>13968381

Man, BMW were really behind the times with their designs in 2002. That looks like it's from the 70's.
>>
>>13968578
ya not funny my dude
>>
It's a bit too pricey, OP.

hell, if it didn't run it'd be scrap worthy.

the real question is, how much of a project are you looking for?

that 2002 looks like it will take a lot of sweat and tears to get into decent condition and get rid of the rust, if you want a bitch of a project, offer him 2-3k

It's got a lot of rust and little problems, you can probably find one in better condition around that price
>>
File: IMG_0622.jpg (162 KB, 1023x764) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0622.jpg
162 KB, 1023x764
>>13968734
>you can probably find one in better condition around that price

lol you think so? Im in the Northeast/Connecticut and I cant find anything better 2bqh with u fham
>>
pham
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.