[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on the FJ cruiser? https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1427862290204.jpg (56 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1427862290204.jpg
56 KB, 600x450
thoughts on the FJ cruiser?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V67D35j1Elw
>>
>>13967492
terrible blind spots, terrible build quality, plasticky as fuck. mall crawler tier, and honestly worse than the Wrongler. an embarrassment to the FJ name
>>
>>13967492
Prado with lipstick and less practicality
>>
>>13967506
what off road should i go for then?
>>
>>13967519
do you need something new? honestly the rubicon is a better choice than the fj loser (and i fucking hate jeeps and jeepfags). rovers arent what the used to be, land cruisers are retarded expensive, mitsubishi dosnt make a real SUV in the states anymore, ferd and chebby dont make anything worth buying unless you want a gay ass truck, sadly its buy old or buy a rubicon
>>
>>13967550
I was with my bother in law yesterday and he has 98 or 99 dodge Cummings exd cab and it was fun as shit to drive. I was the anon that made a thread the other day looking for a dad car (about to have a kid soon), and all im saying is that i want something HUGE and that can crawl when needed.
>>
>>13967577
trucks cant crawl without huge modifications. period. if you arent hauling or towing a trailer a truck is just silly, a 4 door 4x4 suv is what you need, your options are the xterra, wrangler unlimited, a slew of old land rovers that are going to be electrical nightmares, maybe a 4runner.
>>
>>13967597
my older brother has a xterra, and its 200% shit. i not going to dudebro route, and how is a truck a 4x4 supercab/extended cab bad?
>>
>>13967492
OP pic is as far from an FJ as you can get..
>>
>>13967518
This. Get a 4Runner instead
>>
>>13967550
>rovers arent what the used to be,
Yea, they're actually somewhat reliable and great off road, now.
>>
>>13967607
shit breakover angles, long as fuck, wide and cumbersome. they are fine if you wanna play in a muddy field but if you actually want to take it through trails a full size truck is stupid, especially a crew cab full size truck
>>
>>13967633
kek, the comedy club is that way anon ------>
>>
File: image.jpg (709 KB, 2480x1395) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
709 KB, 2480x1395
>>13967492
>kek, looks like my RC crawler

I like them, almost bought one some soccer mom had lifted and mall crawled with. Changed my mind due to mpgs and lack of aftermarket parts compared to Jeep
>>
>>13967686
>I'm in denial, I only like the Defender!
Kill yourself.
>>
>>13967696
i dont like any of them honestly, i respect the rovers, they just arent for me. but you mean to tell me *this* is your idea of a real offroad machine? the LR4 isnt terrible, but at 50k starting price its ridiculous to consider it something you would abuse in the mountains
>>
>>13967492
THREE WINDSHIELD WIPERS

If you want an FJ buy a real FJ instead.
>>
>>13967731
>but you mean to tell me *this* is your idea of a real offroad machine?
No, but it's pretty capable. You're just being obtuse. The Discovery 3 and 4 are definitely off road machines.
>the LR4 isnt terrible
You're right, it isn't terrible. It's great. Center and rear locking differentials, excellent traction control systems, and great suspension put it far ahead of and Land Rover that came before it.
>but at 50k starting price its ridiculous to consider it something you would abuse in the mountains
Ah the old 'I'm poor' argument. There are people buying Discovery 4s and taking them off road all over the world. Just because you don't have the means doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.