[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? >at 850 miles—the eight-inch center touch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
What went wrong?

>at 850 miles—the eight-inch center touch screen began malfunctioning because of contact with the surrounding trim panel. Adjusting the trim piece was a simple warranty fix, but other problems followed.
>dry-sump oiling system included with the $2800 Z51 package could not prevent the engine from self-destructing. It grenaded at 6000 miles
>the passenger’s seat-mounted side airbag needed to be swapped out at 15,000 miles
>In sub-zero temps, the LT1 V-8 could take up to 12 seconds of cranking before firing, which surely contributed to the starter motor dying at 21,000 miles.
>the brain of the Stingray’s heating-and-air-conditioning system began shutting down intermittently
>axle seals began leaking lubricant at 25,000 miles.
>it’s worth mentioning that neither our long-term 2014 Jaguar F-type V-8 S nor our 2014 Porsche Cayman S, which both suffered through the same awful winter, had any problems dealing with the cold.
>Throughout the frigid months, the Corvette was the car to avoid. The heated seats only got lukewarm, and the already-finicky shifter felt like it was stirring a bag of cement until the drivetrain warmed up.
>We also were tiring of the cacophony of road and tire noise that suffused the cabin, exacerbated by winter tires.
>>
pushrods gonna pushrods
>>
>american car
>any surprise this happened
>>
>>13964992
They didn't give a shit about cold weather engineering. Given most of these car swill never have to face or be driven in severe winter conditions, its understandable that GM would cut that corner
>>
>>13964992
it was a budget car built for the american "BIG NUMBERS" audience. it wasnt supposed to be comfortable, reliable or a technical marvel, just have enough big numbers that americans would oooh and aah, buy one then claim american pride as they break down on the street side.
>>
>>13964992
I secretly wanted to like it, /o/.
>>
>>13964992
>tfw when the existence of the C7 makes the C6 look like a plastic dated piece of shit, however the C7 itself is absolute trash
>>
>>13965066
the c6 looks miiiiiiles better

you have to remember the c7 was designed by the same guy who did the aztek
>>
File: jd_power_shitvette.jpg (158 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
jd_power_shitvette.jpg
158 KB, 1366x768
>>
GM isn't exactly famed for reliability or competency. Have you looked into a Ford Mustang, OP? Ford has competitive rebates and offers which will have you burning rubber (haha, JK! :) ) off the parking lot in a brand new 2015 Ford Mustang in no time. You'll save tons of money compared to our opponent's vehicles! Stop by today.
>>
LMAO, what a shit heap. It seems like the happy merchant still controls Goyim Motors.

I'd get a C6 if I had to get a Corvette.
>>
so basically all car companies are now shit
>>
>>13965106
I do like the GT a lot but it'd have to be a 350. I did test drive a regular GT and I was immensely impressed with it.

Anyhow, I'm not in the market for a new. I'm not into most American cars, but the C7 had me excited until it came out and it was realized that the car can only put down one lap before it's revealed that it's a calculated shitheap sales gimmick.
>>
>>13965243
No just GM, who have always been shit
>>
Supposedly this was a very very very early run car/press car, although yeah, this is a bit appalling. According to some dude, at like toyotas plants, anyone can push a button and stop the whole line to inspect/fix something where as GM has them just tag it and they'll look at it later. These are going to be great in a few years with QC being worked out. Apparently the LT engine has some really advanced machining required too which can be easy for a dumbass worker to flub.
>>
First year cars often have a lot of teething issues - it takes awhile for quality control and the engineering teams to sort things out. Even the best automakers struggle with this.
>>
>>13965091
You're an idiot the new corvette looks amazing. It's a shame that it's performance doesn't match it's looks
>>
>>13967881
It looks like a hot wheels
>>
>>13967894
You never thought hot wheels looked awesome when you were young?

Are you one of those fags who'd rather drive a shitbox civic?
>>
File: daffy.png (564 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
daffy.png
564 KB, 719x719
>>13967881
>You're an idiot the new corvette looks amazing
>>
>>13967906
I forgot to add, hot wheels feel like they have better quality than the C7 too. It just looks gaudy and cheap.
>>
>>13967909
Hey I'm a Nissanfag but I still think the new corvette looks great especially in red
>>
>>13967909
>>13967894
The best looking corvettes are the original stingray and the new one
>>
>>13967938
The thing is they all look like shit
>>
>>13967953
Eh depends on what you like right? I love the Honda NM4 but a lot of poeple don't like it's looks
>>
>>13965091
Only the gs, z06, and zr1 look good. Base and z51s look bad. Even at that the widebody looks weak compared to even a base stingray.
>>
>>13964992
Which car mag was reviewing it?

Motortrend has had a hardon dissing the c7 since it came out.
>>
>>13967774
which is also why the 911 is so good
>>
I'm not a frequent GTR v Z06 shitposter,

That said I do enjoy the Z06 getting BTFO.
What a shit car...
>>
Jeremy Clarkson hacked the corvette file and deleted a few random files and now the car is acting up.
>>
>>13968010

I think edmunds or C&D had a long term car where all of this came about

C7's have some engineering problems, not really sure why either. It's a marvel of engineering compared to the C6, and the equivalent C6 was rock solid in comparison. Also most cars with a manual shifter are stiff as fuck when it's cold outside lol.
>>
>Not realizing that early year models of a new body style are typically shit heaps
>completely re-engineered enine
>brand new, more advanced electrical system
>new computer modules

All of this...in a tightly wound sports car.

Why do people bitch about this shit? Seriously. Fuck sticks couldn't wait two years for the issues to get worked out, and buy a 2016. I guess money doesn't buy brains. Wait two years, and then bitch about the car if it's a shit heap. Or buy new one, and deal with it being a shit heap.
>>
File: smug bather.gif (567 KB, 300x456) Image search: [Google]
smug bather.gif
567 KB, 300x456
>>13969884
>Fucking car reviewers… who do they think they are, honestly reviewing a car in a timely fashion after its release?
>>
>>13965097

That fucking file name oh jesus
>>
>>13964992
this picture tells me the vette spends half its life in the workshop.
haha
>>
>>13968010
>Motortrend has had a hardon dissing the c7 since it came out
because its a piece of shit
>>
>>13969884
c6 z06s are still dropping valves, time wont solve the c7s problems.
>>
the age of 'at least it looks good'
>>
GT-R wins again.
>>
I would rather just get the Stingray and load it up with options than buy the Z51.

I mean, if I really wanted to "race" on stopsigns, I would just get a GT-R.

No need to go full homo unless you actually race on track, just saying.
>>
It's because they need to keep them much cheaper than comparable (read: better in every way when you don't bench race) European cars to keep the chest thumping 'NUMBER ONE! USA! USA! USA!' crowd happy.
>>
>>13969884
Are you being serious? Your like those faggots from /v/ saying "OH WAIT TILL THE GAME IS PATCHED". No! I don't want to wait! I'm fucking tired of companys releasing shitty products and then going for the "we'll fix it with next model/patch lol" excuse. It's bullshit. Bring out some good shit or go to hell. Simple as that.
>>
>>13964992
slower than the viper AND it sucks more
>>
>>13964992
The mechanic bought snap-on and so he had to buy a corvette to save money instead of a better car
>>
>>13971203

Until its transmission decides to get a close up view of the road.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.