[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
$1600 a good price for a 4runner with 210k miles? It supposedly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 00E0E_5wLPgyTezIT_600x450.jpg (34 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
00E0E_5wLPgyTezIT_600x450.jpg
34 KB, 600x450
$1600 a good price for a 4runner with 210k miles? It supposedly has a new trans and 3l V6 with about 15k on it
>>
>>13964557
Something doesn't add up
>>
>>13964557
No. I'd pay 1000 dollars, maximum, for that.
>>
>>13964560
Thought the same thing. I never see running 4runners in that price range.
>>
>>13964592
I have. But with blown head gasket and 300k miles and rolled over
>>
>>13964557
In short, yes. However;

>Expect 4 banger power with small v8 fuel economy
>Expect issues with electrical
>Expect issues with emissions
>Assume the engine and trans are original unless the seller has receipts for the "rebuild"
It is suspiciously cheap, even for areas without a toyota-tax.
>>
>>13964742
I only got two reasons for the price. Either it's fucked and needs serious work or the owner got another car given to them and they don't care how much it's worth and want it gone.
>>
>3l V6 with about 15k on it

yea right.

but, if you like it, talk him down a couple hundred and first thing go get the head gasket replaced.

prolly be a solid 4x4.
>>
>>13964557
stay away from the 3.0L, there's a reason it's only got 15k on the new engine and that's b/c the old engines heads cracked and probably killed it (if they didn't just do a top end rebuild and called it a new engine)

worth $1000 max.
>>
>>13967112
My 94 has had the head gaskets done twice. Previous owner had them done under warranty then I blew those with about 120k. Heads didn't crack but top end was rebuilt. I'm at about 180k now, not too many problems. Need to replace my idler arm and get a alignment. Rust everywhere. Back up lights only work sometimes and that rear end sag. And as has been pointed out earlier; all the power of a 4 cylinder with the economy of an 8. It's popular to swap a 3.4L from a newer taco into these.
>>
>>13967610
Yea im looking to do the 3.4 swap in my 94 4runner, just need to aquire the endless list of parts and some money
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.