[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lads, I dunno much about cars, but I went for a bit of a hoon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Sean (3).jpg (7 KB, 200x238) Image search: [Google]
Sean (3).jpg
7 KB, 200x238
Lads, I dunno much about cars, but I went for a bit of a hoon and near the end, when I went to accelerate my car would just rev and barely accelerate at all

Also, if I in the lower end of a gear's general range (i.e. 60kmh in 4th) and I went to accelerate, the car would rumble

Is my clutch fucked?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>13960559
Your clutch is fucked and so are your engine mounts.

Besides, 60kmh in 4th isn't lower end, 40kmh would be. And the engine still shouldn't rumble there.
>>
>>13960559
Your engine lacks torque because the rpm is so low in a high gear at a low speed. Instead of doing 40 in fourth, do it in third or second.
>>
>>13960576
Do they need to be replaced or repaired?
>>
>>13960583
depends on the gearing bro, my car is sitting at about 2krpm at 40 kmh in 4th
>>
>>13960731
How do you expect to repair cracked/hardened rubber bits?
>>
>>13960968
I meant the clutch, I dunno why I said do they instead of does it
>>
>>13960583
Not OP but I shift to 4th doing 60kmh and keep driving at around 2k RPM and in general I drive at low RPM with shifts at 2.5k RPM at most, am I risking to fuck the car up this way? Car is Audi 80 1991
>>
>>13961115
No, a clutch is a wear item. You can't fix it. you need to buy a new one. What you suggested is exactly like adding material to a brake pad instead of just buying a new set.
>>
>>13961133
>am I risking to fuck the car up this way?
No. Higher gear + lower RPM is the preferred combination (where applicable) for normal driving.
>>
>>13961187
Is there any threshold like below this RPM something might go wrong?
>>
>>13961366
>something might go wrong
With low enough RPM you'll stall. If you know how to drive, you'll feel it's time to shift into a lower gear well before that happens. To answer your question... No.
>>
>>13961454
Yeah I know how to drive stick, I actually know less about driving auto than stick (Yurop), I was just wondering if there's any consequences of low RPM driving like clutch wear or something. Thanks.
>>
>>13961487
>Yeah I know how to drive stick, I actually know less about driving auto than stick (Yurop)
Sorry. My bad.
>consequences of low RPM driving
There are consequences. Lower fuel consumption and lower engine and transmission wear and tear.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.