[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wew lads, I'm not a regular poster on this board but I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: ricer piece of shit.jpg (159 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ricer piece of shit.jpg
159 KB, 1024x768
Wew lads, I'm not a regular poster on this board but I've got a bit of an emergency on my car and I can't find the exact problem I'm having on google so a little help would be appreciated.

I drove to campus this morning before my physics exam and I was sitting in the car listening to the radio and warming up for a bit before I headed inside. I had the key to the ON I position so the running lights, radio, and heater was on but nothing else.

All of a sudden everything just shut off. I tried turning the car on and it will not start. It won't even try to roll over. All I get is this rapid clicking like a machine gun.

At first I thought it might be the stupid ass Immobilizer System (my car is a 2011 Honda Accord) because I saw the little green icon of a key on the dashboard but it didn't stay on after trying so I don't think that was it. In case it was the Immobilizer System just not recognizing my key I tried using my spare key and it didn't work either.

So guys, any ideas? I don't have any tools in my car, they're all back home (about a 30 min drive). The only advice I got from Google was that it may be that my battery is old, in which case I need to get a jump and then drive to the store and buy a new one. Another said that my alternator or starter solenoid may be shot.

I'm open to any and all suggestions and I will try them after my physics exam. Thanks lads

>tl;dr
2011 Honda Accord shut off while on, engine will not start or turn off, it just makes a rapid clicking noise like a machine gun. what is the problem
>>
File: 1442800552637.jpg (566 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1442800552637.jpg
566 KB, 900x900
>>13960392
>engine will not start or turn off
Sorry, I mean to say "engine will not start or turn over"
>>
>>13960394
Its your battery, you drained it.
Get it jumped and stop draining it.
It was prob the DRLs that did it, i can leave my trucks heater/radio on for ages and its fine.
>>
File: 20150125_090914.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150125_090914.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Rapid clicking is what I'd suspect to be the starter solenoid/motor having sung its final verse, or that its not activating because of lacking charge

If the starter is fine it be that your battery is dead/deadish, alternator not charging properly or both
>>
>>13960392

how can anyone be this retarded?
>>
>>13960404
>>13960409
I forgot to mention I was only sitting in the car for about 3 minutes before it did this. I don't think running the radio and heater for 3 minutes is enough to drain the battery guys

What does DRLs stand for? Sorry I'm not completely ignorant about cars but I'm not well versed in them either
>>
>>13960409
Dude fuck off back to /r9k/

>>13960414
DRL=day-light running lights

Lights usually drain the most power.
>>
>>13960421
ah, I see. Well the battery is quite old, so I guess even running the lights for 3-6 minutes might have been enough to drain it. I'll try getting a jump after class. If it works I'll go buy a new battery, it's probably time for one anyways.
>>
>>13960414
if its much colder than it normally is, a battery that was fine before could have finally bit it. Check the outside of your battery and look for a date, and also look for the expected lifetime of the battery (should also be on the outside). Try getting someone to jump start your car, and if that doesnt work get a voltmeter and start checking starter motor and alternator and battery. There's shit online to show you how to check.
>>
>>13960425
Sounds like a plan anon.
Good luck.
>>
>>13960421

stop projecting you cunt
>>
>>13960392
Your battery died, get a jumpstart and stop running g your accessories without the engine for so long
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.