[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
buying diesel in the U.S.?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 328d.xdrive.jpg (75 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
328d.xdrive.jpg
75 KB, 680x510
anyone here actually daily drive a diesel car in the U.S.? Is it hard to find gas station? are you happy with your car?

I may be in the market for a used 328d x-drive, in the same exact configuration as shown in this pic.
>>
All gas stations I've seen have had diesel as well as gasoline/petrol.
>>
>>13959862
Lived in the U.S. my whole life and I've never seen a gas station that doesn't sell diesel. Tons of guys at work drive diesel trucks and a few have diesel vw cars, all seem to like them. I know more people would drive diesels if the vehicles they like had a diesel engine option.
>>
In Phoenix not all gas stations have diesel. (Quicktrips) but its easy enough to go to shell
>>
Diesel only exist with the more popular stations in my area, the ones that are on main roads and near freeway exits. There is only 1 e85 station so it's a lot more viable than that.
>>
Most gas stations in my area don't sell diesel. It's gotten a little easier to find now since Qwik Shop (Kroger) sells it now.
>>
>>13959862
Family has a Ram 1500 diesel. A lot of stations have diesel in California. I'd estimate about 75% offer it. If you want to be safe, never let your tank fall below 1/3rd. That should give you at least 100 miles of range in any modern diesel vehicle
>>
>>13959862
Also OP, I'd advise against it. Even though it is a 3 series which is fun to drive, and it is a wagon which is a rarity, the N47 engine that the 328d uses is known for having very serious, very expensive problems. It's prone to failure and not cheap nor easy to work on. Even though it may save you money at the pump, I'd strongly advise you to just go for a gasoline 3 series wagon. They still get decent mileage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQpQIi7gI_U
>>
bought a vw tdi around 3 years ago. Around here about half the stations carry diesel and I've never had an issue finding it. I just bought a much newer gas car but not because I had a problem driving a diesel. Diesel is more expensive than regular gas here so my driving cost will be pretty much the same. The only real diesel specific issue I have is my VW diesel takes a lot longer to warm up in the winter before I can get any use full heat out of the vents.
>>
>>13960095
1/3 tank only 100 miles? what is your tank 25 liters?
>>
>>13960114
>diesel takes a lot longer to warm up in the winter before I can get any use full heat out of the vents
That goes for any diesel. More mass in the engine block takes more time to absorb heat ergo longer time before you can heat the cabin..
>>
File: Ford-Super-Duty-1 (1).jpg (205 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Ford-Super-Duty-1 (1).jpg
205 KB, 1000x667
>>13960136
A lot of diesel vehicles here are gigantic inefficient trucks, many built before 1990.
>>
>>13959862
Go for the 328d. You will love it. I'm never going back to gasoline once I got a diesel
I can count on one time I had to go to more than one gas station to find diesel, really you don't need to worry. Especially in rural areas because they know truckers may need diesel, so it's highly unlikely you'll ever be somewhere that has no diesel for 10+ miles
>>
>>13960136
>liters
My car gets forty rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it!
>>
>>13960106
>N47 engine that the 328d uses is known for having very serious
This. N27 engine are prone to timing chain failures.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.