[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/ My father just traded in his 2013 fr-s for an 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: wrx.jpg (66 KB, 626x382) Image search: [Google]
wrx.jpg
66 KB, 626x382
Hey /o/

My father just traded in his 2013 fr-s for an 2016 WRX.

Is the new wrx any good?
>>
>>13956820
Your dad owned an FR-S? Why?

Mid life crisis? Not enough money to buy a Corvette? I'm suprised he didn't get a Camaro at least.
>>
>>13956820
Your father(you) has a good taste in cars. He's(you) gonna love the new Carmery.
>>
>trading in a vehicle at a dealership

I guarantee you got fucked.
>>
>>13956866
>[spoiler]
>it was a lease
>>
>>13956833
>>13956873
Yeah the frs was a midlife crisis car. he bought it outright when it came out

>>13956836
>implying
>>
>>13956833
He doesn't like American cars f'am
>>
>>13956884
I was just joking with the lease. It's a 2013 so obviously it isn't.

That's crazy he bought an STi tho. How old is he? I would expect him to get an Audi TT, SLK, Z4 or something if he wanted more of a toy. Or if he wanted to go Japanese, maybe one of those Lexus IS Coupes or even 370z possibly. I can't remember the last time I saw somebody above the age of 35 in an STI or FRS.
>>
>>13956981
he's 48. It's unfitting, but kinda cool
>>
>>13956981
Op didn't say anything about an STI.

>>13957044
Wrx is a really good car, he might like it more than the FRS.
>>
>>13957068
My bad. I thought STI for some reason. I would still rather have a WRX over the FRS. A V6 Mustang for that same price range wouldn't be too bad either, but they are just so common. Plus I wouldn't want a Mustang without a V8. I feel like I would want more out of it every time I hit the gas.
>>
>>13956820
yeah its breddy good. watch for carbon deposits though, they'll pop up around 30k. best way to prevent it is EGR and TGV deletes

>>13956866
subaru is probably the only dealer I'd trade a car back to, their guaranteed trade in program is usually pretty generous in my experience.
>>
>>13956820
Arguably one of the best,all around, WRXs ever made. In all regards, it's a way better car than the pile of shit FRS.

You know why there are so many FRS cars on the used market? Because the hype has worn off and people are now realizing that it's a cheap, rattling shitbox.

Not the mention the pathetic, gutless boxer 4 that weighs fucking 380lb engine the sits half way ahead of its front axle while using an extremely long bellhousing and shifter extension.
>>
>>13957270

Becaus scions are fucking gay.

You don't see near as many brz, and brz are harder to come by.
>>
>>13957895
Who gives a shit if it's Scion or Subaru? It's the same car.
>>
>>13957901

People
>>
>>13956820
>trading in a sports car for a shitbox with a hoodscoop
>>
>>13958342
Yet it's faster and more powerful in every way
>>
>>13958437
A Toyota Camry is faster. Doesn't make it a sports car
>>
>>13957895
It's the same car. The BRZ is as much of a joke as the FRS. The only difference is that less people are able to afford one of the jokes.
>>
>>13958441
The WRX is a lot less embarrassing of a sports car that the FRS. The FRS is a joke.
>>
>>13958441
Stay mad slowfag
You'd figure you'd be sucking his dick for buying a bigger boy subie
>>
>>13958656
>>13958663

No, your guys problem is dispite it's awesome handling, it's not as fast as a hellcat. As if everyone wants something that is 0-60 in 2 seconds an yet you can't understand and grasp why anyone doesn't agree with you. You can't have everything. Every car is a bitch and complaint.

Thing I don't get, is why you think anyone cares about your thoughts? YET, always having a condicending reply despite the majority of the biggest shit talkers are broke ass niggas driving a beat to hell civic or 200sx.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.