[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Porsche 928 as a first car. How bad of a choice would it be,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: porsche-928.jpg (289 KB, 890x593) Image search: [Google]
porsche-928.jpg
289 KB, 890x593
Porsche 928 as a first car. How bad of a choice would it be, /o/?

Are the 90s models less of a money hole than the originals?
>>
>>13954951

Great 1st car. Most reliable off the Porsches ever built. Sexy as hell.
>>
They are shit cars, and you will be throwing money at it like there is no tomorrow
>>
>first car
Seriously, just get a Civic
>>
>first car
>Porsche
>>
>>13954958

My mistake i thought it was the 924 you were on about
>>
>porsche
>1st car

How old are you OP?
>>
>>13954963
>>13954970
18... And I live in Western Yurop, where cheap 80s Porschers are everywhere...
>>
I got a Boxster as my first car.

Don't do it, you're getting in way over tour head.
Get an MR2 or Miata or even a Civic to learn on, then get something nicer
>>
>>13954951
I'll never get why people want old ass luxury cars for a first vehicle. Special Snowflake Syndrome?

There's a reason the high school parking lot isn't flooded with old Ferrari's, OP. Maintenance and repair on old luxury models is a pain in the ass even if you can work on it yourself and just need parts. Here's how do you it, OP:

Miata if you have a big dick.
Light pickup if you have a small dick.

You'll get laid either way.
>>
>>13954981
Because people don't want boring, reliable shit boxes?
>>
>>13954981
>There's a reason the high school parking lot isn't flooded with old Ferrari's
College is, one of my classmates drives a 944. It blends in surprising well with the parking lot, love how discrete it is.
>>
File: 1370300938933.jpg (87 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1370300938933.jpg
87 KB, 550x550
>>13954981
>I'll never get why people want old ass luxury cars for a first vehicle. Special Snowflake Syndrome
I know, right? Why would people want something with charm and charisma?
>>
>>13954977

Honesty just get a 1.2 volkswagen or something.
>>
>>13954951
A 3000gt is literally more reliable
>>
File: 1426392819283.jpg (184 KB, 680x962) Image search: [Google]
1426392819283.jpg
184 KB, 680x962
>>13954951
OP they couldn't even fix this car properly when it was new. What makes you think 30+ years on it will be any better?
>>
>>13954951
A good friend of mine owns a late 80's one. The maintenance is absolutely nightmarish. The engine bay is almost unworkable with that immense 5 liter shoved in there. Not only the parts are brutally expensive, they are also becoming increasingly hard to source for obvious reasons. The MPG is atrocious. My friend is virtually rich (also owns a 911 turbo) and he constantly says he doesn't care about paying premium for the parts, but what really pisses him off is that it can spend weeks in the workshop waiting for them to arrive, so if it's gonna be your only car it can be a rather terrible experience. It really is a car for rich people, there's no other way to put it. Don't be fooled by how cheap they are.

But when everything works...good lord, it's probably the best GT ever made. It' absolutely amazing to drive. It just feels so solid and smooth it's almost like a part of your body.

I wouldn't recommend it for a first and only car though. You just won't be able to enjoy it.
>>
>>13954998
>Why would people want something with charm and charisma?
That's neat and fine for an eventual weekend project, but a first car by definition is a daily driver and therefore economy and reliability must be put first, unless you want to spend your last dime on repairs and gas and eventually get kicked out of school because you constantly break down in the morning and miss half the days.
>>
>>13954951

If you're expecting a cheap Porsche, you're expecting wrong.

Maintenance costs will be high.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.