[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What sort of car would you make?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: delorean.jpg (68 KB, 565x565) Image search: [Google]
delorean.jpg
68 KB, 565x565
I'd love to design a car, even if it consists primarily of donor parts and is more a kit car than a bonafide new brand.

Something small, like a miata, maybe a little bigger. 1.5L turbo vtec, room for two midgets in the back.
>>
I'd like the rear interior to sort narrow and round off like the fat end of a teardrop.
>>
>buy rx8 chassis manufacturing machines from mazda
>make it a 2 FMR door roadster
>buy 2JZ casts from toyota
>put them together
>some weird fabric body that moves like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTYiEkQYhWY
>>
>>13954979
That body is pretty sweet.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 660x330
>>13954796
>>
>>13954979
>that wink at the end
My dick is denser than the core of the sun
>>
File: deathmachinejr.png (716 KB, 1675x428) Image search: [Google]
deathmachinejr.png
716 KB, 1675x428
inb4 lawsuit
>>
>>13960077
So fluid. Or flaccid.
>>
>>13954796
2jz prius
>>
>>13954796
If I ever had genuine production capabilities, I'd stick to modifying. I'm shit at designing, and I wouldn't want to artsy asshole running around my company dicatating how everything should look. Instead, I'll take existing cars, look at what the engineers behind it were trying to do, and crnak that up to 11.
For example, take the Alfa 4C. Remove that silly turbo 4, Add a Rotrex supercharged Busso V6, with a proper 6 speed manual. There, car of the year.

I'd also love to to Karmann Ghia's with modern Subaru swaps, compeltely restomod them before offering them to consumers.
Volvo Amazons(or P1800's !) with a Polestar T5.
VQ38DETT swapped 240Z's.
I mean, there's just so many well-designed cars out there, that deserve a modern driveline, and deserve to be enjoyed, why would I create new stuff? Leave that up to the designers, I'm an engineer.

Also, make low compression (12 to 1) Offenhauser 4 banger replica's. Let people get creative with what they put in a thirties Ford replica, I'm tired of SBC's and flathead V8's in that chassis.
>>
>>13960157
Even better:
2JZ E-type.

>implying you wouldn't buy one if you had the money
>>
>>13954979
>2JZ in a small light car
Why
>>
I'd make 2+2 coupes that mimic the Alfa Romeo Montreal and Hatchbacks that mimic the Alfa Romeo GTV6.
No reason in particular.
>>
>>13962525
a lot of power
>>
Basically just an affordable NSX. It would make a gorrillion dollars.
>>
>>13954796
I can only think of one way. A super early 2000s looking prelude with an interior like an nsx. Thin and long because the fat wouldn't make it safer or as fun to drive. With 90s window to body ratio because fuck it.
>>
>>13962539
And a whole bunch of weight.

Also you won't be able to sell it most places. 2JZs are way, way out of scope for emissions now.
>>
File: metrotruck.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
metrotruck.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
I'd just re-release the mid-90s Geo Metro as a kei truck.

3cyl 1.0L I3
FWD
Tiny bed just big enough to fit your dog kennel because no humans will associate with anyone autistic enough to drive this
>>
Tesla Model S as the donor car. Exterior redesigned to reflect away and absorb radar and lidar.
>>
>>13964945
Just hope it doesn't get shot down by Serbs.
>>
File: nd miata drawing.png (858 KB, 1238x802) Image search: [Google]
nd miata drawing.png
858 KB, 1238x802
Did this quick drawing of how I would've did the ND Miata.

Not my best work.

[spoiler]Be gentle, /o/.[/spoiler]
>>
>>13965316
bretty good
>>
>>13965316
>big fenders
>overall shape
I like it

>headlights flat on top instead of fully round
I don't like it
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.