[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you see RX-7 FDs shooting up in price anytime over the next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1427413607270.jpg (119 KB, 878x810) Image search: [Google]
1427413607270.jpg
119 KB, 878x810
Do you see RX-7 FDs shooting up in price anytime over the next 4-5 years? Please say no.
>>
No, delete this thread you faggot
>>
File: 1413444851040.jpg (1 MB, 2896x1944) Image search: [Google]
1413444851040.jpg
1 MB, 2896x1944
better start saving now
>>
>>13953751
No.
>asplain
Can't, other than that they've stayed a consistent price for YEARS, and the fandom for rotaries is niche as fuck.

I would hazard a guess that most people looking at FD's want to drop a v8 into them, and then move on to easier, and better cars.

I like the FD, but all it's really got is looks, and rarity of those looks.
Everything the FD can do can be done by the SA22/FB and FC for cheaper, aside from looks and how hard they are to find.

a FD driver is a whore.
>>
>>13953751
>4-5 years
Not unless the RX-9 comes out during that time and blows.

>15-18 years
Certainly, should double after it passes the common '10-35 year old car' value plateau.

A bigger worry is FC's getting 300zx'd and a usable runner going for 6k+, 12k for turbos.
FB's will need to thin out over the next 25 years for their prices to climb in the US, there's just so many here.
>>
>>13953774
>I would hazard a guess that most people looking at FD's want to drop a v8 into them
thats a stupid ass assumption friend. get off /o/.
>>
there's a trillion in Japan waiting to be bought up and imported. You'll be fine. Unless you're american lol.
>>
>>13953913
>LS1 swap is an /o/ meme
You're like 7 years behind bro.
LS1 swap is the go to meme for FB and 9gag.
When was the last time you saw anyone talking about keeping a stock FD?
It goes one of three ways:
>Delete twin turbo for single turbo
>Add a single turbo to a worked NA
>Fuck triangles, needs some cubes
Now, you, being the uneducated retard that you are probably thing that's an even 33/33/33 split. It's not.
Idiots that are drawn in by the allure of the looks, either: Don't care about the engine, it's an appliance, or want to make a driver's car, LS swap, or modify the dorito.
Now what makes more sense at that point? The reliability of the LS? Or taking a chance on keeping a dorito and losing a turbo?

If you actually think, you know the bit underneath you bald spot, but above your neckbeard; LS swap is the answer for an FD.
The only other answer is a 3 dorito, and with those prices, and that reliability just get a LS, it's lighter, cheaper, makes more gains etc.

No. You get off /o/.
>>
>>13954289
Certainly 300kw is enough for a car weighing under 1200kg, just by deleting a turbo and upping the boost
>>
>>13954289
>huur duur retards who cant afford what they talk about blabber on about ls swaps
no kid. ls swaps are no where near as popular in the 'real world' as you think they are. as i said above retards spewing memes doesnt mean anything.

if you seriously think most people who are going to buy an fd have the intention of a swap, gtfo
>>
>>13954427
and...

>it's lighter
no

>cheaper
if a retard cant deal with the rotary and actually needs an ls, then they arent going to be able to swap it on their own and will end up 20k+ in the hole. not cheaper at all.

>makes more gains
muh 1200hp tarbo ls. fuck off.
>>
File: bait for anon.png (2 MB, 993x1549) Image search: [Google]
bait for anon.png
2 MB, 993x1549
>>13954289
why are amerifats so dumb?
>>
>>13953774
FC-FD, two very different cars once you get into a fairly long list of details. Especially the suspension stock for stock the FD shits all over its older cousin and I found them to be better balanced, lighter, better responsive engine etc

Course, if you're running an FD be prepared to fork out a fortune in parts, fuel and general maintenance. That's the cost of the FD's performance- being full of lightweight, highly strained parts is not something to be underestimated.
Though, with FC's you're just replacing shit forever too because its older than grandads balls and worn out.
>>
>>13953751
Dumb weeaboo
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.