[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what does /o/ think of Teslas? I think they are pretty awesome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
So what does /o/ think of Teslas? I think they are pretty awesome and set a standard for electric cars. Hope they can come out with something for the common man though.
>>
>>13948070

Tesla would never ruin its image as a premium brand by making their machines affordable to the average. If they do, they'll have to badge engineer it through Chrysler or something.
>>
Obnoxious, money burning centerfold for gullible idiots.
If they were actually concerned about making a good car, they'd easily could.
>>
>>13948070
I'm waiting for the next 10 years to it be the next-gen shitboxes...
>>
>>13948076
Model 3 is going to be the same price as the other EVs.
>>
>>13949160
shhhh, don't ruin his hateboner
>>
>>13948070
I honestly wouldn't mind having one used, but the price of batteries when they evetually die is an issue for me, and I hate the giant display
>>
>>13949160
So, still too expensive for what they are.
>>
File: sodium-ion-2.jpg (43 KB, 930x446) Image search: [Google]
sodium-ion-2.jpg
43 KB, 930x446
>>13948070
IT"S ALL ABOUT THE BATTERY.
Researchers create sodium battery in industry standard "18650" format

While lithium has until now had the advantage of being lighter than sodium and providing more energy, the element is also rare, while sodium is accessible and abundant, making up over 2.6 percent of the Earth's crust.
>>
They need to make a every man car or they will fold.
>>
>>13948070
If they made something for the "common man" it would be shit.
>>
>>13949202
That's what they're doing. Model x. Another crossover for the masses.
>>
>>13949202
Cost of battery needs to go down a lot first. Which requires a huge boost in economics of scale. Tesla is working on it with their new battery factory.

making luxury cars at first is actually smart. as it allows them to price the cars with enough profit margin. so that they don't lose money on each individual sale.
>>
>>13949202
I disagree. Tesla is like the Mercedes of the electric car world. They'll go through some rough spots, but I believe they'll pull through and retain the title of the luxury brand of electric cars.
>>
>>13949253
>They'll go through some rough spots

They have not made a single dollar to this day. That's not just a rough spot.
>>
>>13949179
saw that this morning, I'm real interested to see long term durability tests in terms of behavior in different temperatures and charge cycles.

however i'm not sure how much of the cost of batteries is purely the lithium
>>
>>13949177
35 grand for an EV with 200 miles of range is way better than anything on the market currently
>>
>>13949319
Range is irrelevant, if it takes too long to load. And burst loading, or short loading or whatever the fuck they call it, kills the batteries, so it's stupid to use, too.
>>
>>13949308
lithium is only the anode
>>
>>13949324
it only kills the batteries if it gets too hot for too long, causing corrosion on the anodes.

I have fast charged my LEAF twice in the same day, with a 240v normal charge in betweem. Battery was hot at 110 degrees F but did not suffer any negative effects.
>>
>>13949324
tesla superchargers, and fast chargers in general, don't kill the battery, that's a myth that's been around a while and is cause by people thinking cell phone batteries = car batteries. and that cell phone chargers = large expensive 240v fast chargers
>>
>>13948070
nice product but shit as an actual car
>>
>>13949334
There is evidence to support a slight increase in the degradation, but it's really nothing to write home about.
>>
>>13949274
Uhh, tax wise they have not made money. That's because they reinvest everything in rapid expansion.

Sort of like Amazon. You know, that large company that has killed many retail stores, and is worth umpteen billions despite turning no major "profit"
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.