[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Storing my car for winter, gonna do a "tune up" next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Storing my car for winter, gonna do a "tune up" next month, how does this look?

- Change oil
- Clean throttle body
- Change sparkplugs
- Change air filter

Anything else? I feel a little bit of hesitation on my 350Z when accelerating, nothing else, 54000 miles
>>
>>13947343
Fill your fuel tank, change your fuel filter if you haven't changed it in a while.
>>
Tire pressure for good measure
>>
>>13947986
3bar (or some 48psi) for having it stand around.
>>
Fitting extra earth cables from the body to the engine and battery can help on some of the jap cars. OE earth's were good but can be improved.
>>
Use lawnmower fuel. It doesn't go bad during the storage. Thats what I did when I stored my 3rd gen civic like 3 months ago.
>>
>>13948202
So...pump gas.
>>
>>13948193
Total bollocks
>>
>>13948218
>>13948193
I think he means 2-stroke gas/oil
>>
>>13948016
I actually prefer putting cars up on stands for winter storage rather than risking flat-spotting the tires.
>>
>>13948218
>>13948202
Either fuel with no ethanol, or put some Sta-bil in there.
>>
File: ai kallista paskaa tarjolla.png (2 KB, 205x140) Image search: [Google]
ai kallista paskaa tarjolla.png
2 KB, 205x140
>>13948967
No I didn't mean 2 stroke fuel. I meant actual 95 octane 4 stroke 0% ethanol fuel. It is alkylate gasoline that has lower vapor pressure, but isn't volatile at all. Also next no heavier paraffins. Here it is available at pumps and is mainly used for small engines e.g. lawnmowers or mixed with 2-stroke oil in chainsaws, but also for storing cars and bikes. The trade name of the product is translated "small engine fuel". Hugely pure stuff btw. Cleans up the engine real well, so valve adjustments are needed after a full tank. It also has very little oxygen in it, so in carburated engines it tends to cause a bit rich running (worthwhile to mention, because passing emissions may be difficult with too high HCs). EFIs don't have this problem as they adjust the AFR, So, actually they will get better mileage as they can run leaner. I would use it all the time if it didn't cost 1,99€/l.
>>
>>13949006
If you're op I don't think you're really running the risk of finding your tires airless with that mileage
>>
>>13947947
350Z does not have a fuel filter. Just the little screen on the pump inside the tank.

Also, hesitation could be due to you not using premium fuel, if you aren't.

Also, if it's an early Z, it might have engine and transmission updates available. I have customers complain about hesitations or weird idle stuff on their Infinitis all the time and the computer updates usually fix that. Give the dealership a call and see what they would charge to do the updates. Only the dealer can do them, and make sure you get the reprogram printouts.
>>
>Doing a tune up before you store

Literally why. Do it in spring.
>>
>>13951266

It's nice to store things with clean oil and some stabil if it's a motorcycle.
>>
>>13951264
OP here, I do fuel up with premium gasoline.

The hesitation might be the throttle body, thats why I'm cleaning it, its a 2005 350Z, hesitation as in If I mash the accelerator the car hesitates for a second to go.
>>
>>13952198
Change leads maybe too.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.