[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a used 750i the cheapest stock twin turbo V8 you can get these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 557x264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 557x264
Is a used 750i the cheapest stock twin turbo V8 you can get these days? They seem like insanely good value assuming you can wrench and fix electrical gremlins.
>>
shh OP you don't want these faggots bringing up the value
>>
great buy if you're a bmw tech
>>
BMW stands for Broken mother fucking piece of shit that will never get fixed because parts are so goddam expensive
>>
there is a reason why barely used german luxury cars are so inexpensive to buy, compared to their new price.
>>
>>13946858

>value
>used 7-series

lemme guess, 17, eyeing first car?
>>
this seems like a catastrophically bad idea, unless you get one at the very end of its production run so you get maximum reliability

and also invest in a full diagnostic software suite running on a dedicated laptop with a proper CANBUS interface so you can scan bmw ghost codes no problem.

a big problem is that you're not going to find much diy repair or maintenance support since 7-series owners don't care about that shit
>>
File: iont know how to feel.jpg (85 KB, 943x592) Image search: [Google]
iont know how to feel.jpg
85 KB, 943x592
>>13947270
So not OP, but I'm getting real deep and thinking about buying an m5 and z4m [spoiler]I have a job opportunity coming up that will allow me to buy them and a garage with lift I can work on them at. [/spoiler]
What is going on with the dedicated laptop/software thing. I was on the m5 forums and it looks like I can just download it?
Can I not download it? Is the issue that I need a dedicated laptop? Any info would be helpful.
Thanks.
Also MFW all of those 1-5 post people get on and go MY ENGINE BLEW UP WTF OMG THE DEALERSHIP WANTS 10k WORST CAR EVER.
>>
>>13947291
I have the garage already, that wasn't clear, i would have no interest in buying them if I didn't have a place to work on them.
>>
>>13947291
that would be the v10 [spoiler]bearing issues.[/spoiler] and the i6 [spoiler]manual valve adjustments wtf?[/spoiler]
>>
>>13947291
oh yeah you can pirate it, it's just a weird windows XP image with stuff on it, you just need to be prepared for that.

also a proper canbus thing that can read bmw ghost codes is like $200 on ebay

but at that point the car will basically tell you everything that's wrong with it at any time, since it'll do a full self-diagnosis on demand
>>
>>13947391
Ok, as long as I don't have to pay for it I'm down.
MFW I think of buying an m5 in the same way as I think of buying a jet, you need a pilot and a tech. And I still want to buy one.
>>
File: wtf danny.jpg (366 KB, 1921x1199) Image search: [Google]
wtf danny.jpg
366 KB, 1921x1199
>>13947404
pic not included, but semi related. Dis nigger got fat.
>>
>>13947291
>>13947391
>>13947404
you don't need a dedicated laptop but you pretty much need Windows XP if you want to get it working. I use XP on a virtual machine. I guess the only reason to have a dedicated laptop would be to leave it in the car in case you need it. But you can get the BMWhat app on android or iOS and get a Bluetooth obd2 adapter for either or a microusb to usb cable for android and use a regular cable.

I paid $20 for my cable on Amazon which included INPA and the other tools (can't remember names). Works great on XP.
>>
>>13948659
To add to this, Microsoft provides a Windows XP virtual machine for free. It's supposed to be used to test your web applications on Internet Explorer, but you should be able to use it for whatever.

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/linux/

Just choose one of the Windows 7 images for Virtual Box. Then download Virtual Box (free) to run it.
>>
>>13948682
I meant XP, not 7.
>>
>>13947073
Because they're lease returns that have been beaten to within an inch of their life during the 3 year contract?
>>
Op that car looks like a Pontiac boneville. Just get that.
>>
the S8 has a twin turbo B8

I think so does the S6.

if you're eyeing a 750i, might aswell get the alpina version.
>>
>>13948761
v8*

how did i even fuck that up
>>
>>13946858
>7 series
>F chassis 7 series

I sure hope you've got a masters degree in electrical engineering
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.