[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help with something, maybe you guys will know what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
Need help with something, maybe you guys will know what's up or have had a similar problem.

1993 Miata
My car is overheating and smoking blue/white smoke from the back of the engine block (1.6 inline 4) some have told me its a leaking valve cover. Is this a reasonable assumption?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>13946623
A leaking valve cover gasket could create smoke from the oil burning off, but not the overheating.

How much is it overheating? Did the smoke start after it overheated the first time?
>>
>>13946646
Yes the smoke happens when the heat goes past the mid range, once its at H it smokes like crazy.

It overheats after about 10 minutes of driving on 50km roads from cold start
>>
>>13946663
What do your oil and coolant look like?
>>
>>13946663
Calling it now, blown headgasket
>>
>>13946711
Just topped off coolant, oil is okay could use a change within the next 1000km. I hear a hissing noise when I turn the engine off. It only happens when the engine gets super hot
>>
>>13946623
Blue smoke is typically oil burning. Probably something with the head, probably the gasket.
>>
>>13946623
water pump is kill
>>
>>13947067
You are gonna need a new head and possibly a new block if you cook that engine too much. A head gasket on a Mazda myate is a cake walk. But if you overheated the engine too much even shaving the head won't help.
You should try traveling back in time to before you overheated the engine in he first place and see if that helps.
>>
>>13946623
post more FDs my penis demands them
>>
If your oil looks kinda like chocolate milk color instead of black it's deffently a bad head gasket or a bad head.

Could just be a leaky valve cover and you water pump shit the bed .

Best case scenario you need a good engine tune up+ water pump
Worst case need to pull the head and check for cracks or warping and change the gasket
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 650x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 650x550
>>13947097
>change the gasket
OP's gonna change the gasket...... Yeah ,I bet!
>>
>>13946711
Discovered after I filled the rad with coolant that theres a huge leak under the engine, probably a hose, which caused the engine to overheat and possibly burn a hole into one of the oil hoses. From what I can tell at least. No smoke out of the exhaust though so thats good, hoping its nothing major. Thanks for the help everyone I'm surprised I didn't get a bunch of retards making fun of me for my lack of car knowledge.
>>
>>13950035
Your car is fucked mate
>>
>>13950051
>>
Cas oring
Valve cover g
Head g
In that order
>>
>>13950065
It's not a joke. You've been overheating it off and on. Overheating is no joke and can kill your engine
>>
>>13950035
wow are you trying to kill your car? why even let the engine overheat even a tiny bit?
>>
>>13950086
It happened once and i turned it off instantly, than got it home running cool. I'm fine
>>
>>13950086
>>13950090
Also talked to a mechanic with over 30 years of experience today and he said it'll be an easy fix and should be running perfect once i get the hoses repaired.

Good try though
>>
>>13950115
Why did you even post this thread?
>>
>>13950130
I posted it last night to try and self-diagnose, realized that I had a problem and couldn't tell what it was.

Figured I'd come here for some advice, and it helped.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.