[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Winter is coming/here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Temp.jpg (34 KB, 598x436) Image search: [Google]
Temp.jpg
34 KB, 598x436
Which is safer for winter driving on snow and ice:
>AWD family sedan with studless winter tires
or
>AWD SUV with all-season tires?
>>
The safer one is the one with the better driver.

That said, snow tires > all seasons
>>
>>13945965
Why is this even a question?

Of course its the one with the winter tires.
>>
>>13945965
Is this stupid?
>>
>>13945965
A goddamn RWD with winters is better than an AWD with all seasons in the winter.

Stop being so fucking cheap and get winter tires.
>>
>>13946076
>Why is this even a question?
SUV weighs twice as much which equates to better traction (all other factors equal) but longer braking distances. SUVs also tend to have better crash ratings as a class.

>>13946101
The SUV in question doesn't take generic winter tires and it would cost roughly $2000 for a set of winter tires for it.
>>
File: CU8c-uKUYAAyA5U.jpg (76 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CU8c-uKUYAAyA5U.jpg
76 KB, 600x450
Don't mean to derail but what kind of SUV is this? It's familiar but I'm having a total brain fart right now.
>>
>>13946171
It's an early Discovery 2.
>>
>>13946152
>plans on crashing

you're doing it wrong
>>
File: 90029.png (291 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
90029.png
291 KB, 600x512
>>13946152
>The SUV in question doesn't take generic winter tires
>>
>>13946177
How could I not think of this. Thank you.
>>
>>13946152
>The SUV in question doesn't take generic winter tires and it would cost roughly $2000 for a set of winter tires for it.

Good job on your car selection. You really thought about your purchase before buying it...

... you made your mistake. Now pay for it.
Next time, THINK about the car you're going to buy.
>>
>>13946183
Not planning on it but it is a factor to be considered.
>>
>>13946225
>Good job on your car selection. You really thought about your purchase before buying it
Not mine. I own the family sedan thus why there is even the question in the first place.

Thanks for failing at trying to insult a complete stranger.
>>
>>13946232
Then the owner shouldn't have bought a vehicle they can't afford to keep on the road.

Either way, if you can't afford it, YOU SHOULDN'T FUCKING OWN IT.
>>
>>13946240
Tell us all how you really feel while going completely off point for the thread.
>>
Having extra weight is only good if the wheel base and the contact patch are wide. Your typical SUV tries to be a road friendly vehicle as well so that means its wheelbase is somewhat similar if not smaller.

Go with the sedan.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.