[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have seen a couple of these in AZ, I kind of like them. Did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (3 MB, 3204x2136) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3 MB, 3204x2136
I have seen a couple of these in AZ, I kind of like them. Did some research and found their pretty practical, the sport edition has 250HP out of a 2.5l 5 cylinder. Does /o/ not talk about them because their FWD?
>>
Buy a Focus.
>>
>>13945742
What's wrong with the Volvo c30?
>>
>>13945804
It's not a Ford.
This is a Ford financed board.
>>
They make pretty good DDs...they aren't anything special beyond the unique look though. They aren't really quick, don't handle that well, don't shift great, cargo room is worse than anything that competes with them. I personally love how they look, I like the unique 4 seat configuration, the rear glass...I even like the "floating" console. As much as I like them, I don't know if I could bring myself to buy one. They are one of those cars I can see myself picking up when they are less than 5 grand simply because I've always liked them. Stock they are just too quiet and soft to appeal as a "drivers car" and I think that's why nobody talks about them.
>>
>>13946587
>unique look

ITS CALLED A CIVIC
ITS A FWD SPORTS CAR FROM THE 90s
>>
They're still pretty expensive last time I checked. As for /o/, the people on here who get excited by a FWD turbo hatch have already bought a GTI or FoST.
>>
>>13946602
>GTi
not here
>FoST
not here
give me a FWD sports car
>>
File: 555-come-on-now.jpg (34 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
555-come-on-now.jpg
34 KB, 338x305
>>13946609
>FWD
>sports car
>>
>>13945708
bangin as shit yo
>>
>>13946609
Either of those two will outperform the Volvo, but with less luxury. An Audi TT will outperform it and has a touch of luxury, but with less cargo space.
>>
File: 500 reasons to be upset.gif (975 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
500 reasons to be upset.gif
975 KB, 450x253
>>13946609
it can't get more sporty and FWD than a Biposto 2bh
>>
>>13946602
>They're still pretty expensive last time I checked
They're really not, they're actually quite cheap.

>>13945708
The biggest problem with them is the lack of LSD, meaning they're not the good kind of FWD, they're the pully, understeery shit kind.
Now, this can be solved, but means you need to add $1500 onto the cost of the car and need to pull the box out.
>>
I owned an 08

T5, R design appearance package, automatic.

Overall I really disliked the car. On the upside it is fairly attractive from the front. On the downside it is incredibly heavy so 250hp is nothing, terrible gas millage, so much under steer it maddening to drive it aggressive at all, absurdly invasive traction control that cannot be turned off at all, The hatch is actually quite small reducing practicality, the doors are silly long and very difficult to open with enough room to exit, no steering feel, no pedal feel, laggy throttle, and god forbid you happen to see it from behind...

It is very well built for a cheaper hatch, but there is nothing remotely sporty about it, Its generally poorly designed, and its not even particularly reliable.

Buy a GTI or something else is my advice.
>>
>>13948458
>automatic
>disliked the car

WELL NO SHIT CAMPTAIN OBVILIOUS? LOL
>>
File: 1413231865191.png (208 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
1413231865191.png
208 KB, 361x691
>>13948458
>Buy a GTI
>>
>>13945708
i´ve owned 3 volvos over the past 6 years.

they are fun for like a month then they get boring. get something else if you want fun
>>
I've got one of these. I love it's looks, but the traction control is extremely invasive and unless you buy one of the higher output engines they feel underpowered. A proper polestar effort with more power, lsd and a more tolerable traction control would make it great though.
>>
>>13948350
Autotrader has exactly two within 500 miles of me for under $10k, both of which have 140k or more miles. Most are 12k-20k.
>>
>>13945708
I bought and still own a '07, it's a 2.0L diesel with a whopping 100kW (D4204T), so it is far from sporty.
It's a Momentum trim with the R-design exterior package, manual trans.

It is literally a Focus with different bodywork, the only really remarkable feature is the looks, which is probably the main reason anyone bought one of these.
While I love it and I'm not planning on getting rid of it anytime soon, there is really no reason to buy a C30 if you don't care about the unique look.

It fails to compete with pretty much any other premium hatchback of the same period.
Cargo space is a joke, the hatch is quite small and oddly shaped.
Brake pedal has way too much travel than what you are probably used to (which is a common problem with most volvos of the same period sharing the same platforms like V50 and S40).
The exterior package, coupled with the optional sporty suspension makes for a stupidly low car which will scrape everywhere.
Performance, even on the T5 which I had the chance of driving, is nothing unforgettable.

I don't know why another anon said you can't disable traction control, because mine clearly can, even if it forces you to switch off both TCS and ESP at the same time. Maybe is an option that not all countries had?

Handling is good but not spectacular, the car is noticeably understeering when pushed.
Interior is comfy as fuck, even in the back seats.
General build quality is definitely above average, no cheap plastic in the dash or on the door panels, no odd panel gaps, no strange noises so far.
The 6-speed trans (MMT6) is smooth as butter, it takes no effort at all to shift. My diesel engine gets very good mileage while being reasonably quiet and clean with 160k km on the clock.

The car is overall pretty average, buy it if you absolutely love the looks and want a comfy car, otherwise there are plenty of hatchbacks out there with more cargo space and better performance that will probably be more worth your money.
>>
>>13946271

You do realise ford own most of volvo and the 5 cyl is a volvo motor.. The focus is essentially a mash up of the Mazda 3/focus chassis with the 5 cyl motor.
>>
>>13948478
>automatic
Yeah the gearbox sucked, but I didn't even mention that because hurr automatic. All of the other reasons why the car sucked still apply.

>>13948533
>buy a GTI or something else
What exactly is the problem?
GTI is a sporty FWD European hatch (like the C30), but I included something else because I wouldn't buy any European hot hatches again. Or any hot hatches.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.