[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to wire up my headrest speakers to my new stereo,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: terminals.jpg (59 KB, 709x355) Image search: [Google]
terminals.jpg
59 KB, 709x355
I'm trying to wire up my headrest speakers to my new stereo, the trouble is they have terminals like on the left in pic related, but the place I'm supposed to wire them to looks like the right of pic related. If I hold them in place the sound comes out right, but I need something to connect them properly. What should I do?
>>
>>13942884
You're a scummy person.
>>
>>13942911
Why?
>>
if you absolutely must you can cut those terminals off and crimp on new ones.
>>
>>13943196
>if I absolutely must
What's the problem with doing so?
>new terminals
That's what I'm confused about, what are the kind of terminals I need called?
>>
you need to go buy the terminals themselves and a crimp tool if you want to do it right. maybe around $20

I'm not sure what kind you need. ask your local shop.
>>
>>13943210
Spade connectors.
you can buy them at home depot, micro center, radio shack.
Probably even walmart.
Vatozone and such should have a small selection.
>>
>>13943423
Spade connectors are what's on them already, or are you saying I should pull out some of the wires from the adapter on the right and make them into spades? Wouldn't it be easier to replace the spades with whatever fits into that adapter on the right?
>>
>>13942884
Do you still have the old speakers? They probably still have the right connector.
Just cut the connector from old speakers and put it at the end of the wires coming out of the new speakers.

If you don't have access to your old hardware anymore, you either go hunting online for the right connectors or you just buy a random set of male+female connectors with the right pin amount and use those instead.
>>
>>13943481
That would be ideal,
But it's not always easy to make your own adapter.
You can buy most any plug made for a stock car to make your own adapter for.
But it sounds like OP replaced his radio with a shit heap after market headunit. So it really doesn't matter and it could take 10 minutes or 10 years to find the connector.
It's not worth it, ruin the shitty radio and get it over with so you can pump dope beats yo.
>>
>>13943481
No
>>
>>13943512
What is your problem with aftermarket stereos? There's nothing nice about a 20 year old CD player with zero connectivity. I don't want to have to have a shitty bulky FM transmitter dangling from my phone just so I can get GPS directions through my speakers. The headrest speakers etc are all stock.
>>
>>13944588
Also I'm pretty sure the ancient cd player was already aftermarket, it was wedged in place with pieces of wood.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.