[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a grease gun a good investment for the amateur mechanic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Harbor Freight Grease Gun.jpg (106 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Harbor Freight Grease Gun.jpg
106 KB, 1200x1200
Is a grease gun a good investment for the amateur mechanic?
>>
If your car need ungodly amounts of grease maybe.
I've been working on my own and family/friends cars for over a decade and never felt the need for a grease gun though.
>>
>>13942505
Yes, grease guns are good for greasing stuff.

Don't listen to that idiot who's never greased anything in his life.
>>
>>13942505
do these come with more anus friendly attachments? that looks awkward
>>
>>13942531
Listen you greasy fuck, if you need to grease your greasy parts with grease all the time, then maybe you're not greasing your car correctly. You should only be greasing when it needs grease otherwise you're just gonna have greasy parts that lose their greasyness over time.
>>
>>13942551
Do you just have the ability to say dumb shit or can you actually function in society?
>>
>>13942555
Sounds more clever than you do.
>>
>>13942555
Top kek
>>
>>13942555
Yes.
>>
File: 1448507475706.jpg (33 KB, 800x472) Image search: [Google]
1448507475706.jpg
33 KB, 800x472
>>13942555
Trips speak truth
>>
>>13942551
I'm only worried because I bought a new part that has 2 zerk fittings. I didn't have a grease gun at the time so I just slathered the outsides of the poly bushings with grease. Now I'm wondering if a grease gun a good investment since I would be only using it for 2 spots and I don't see any other zerks on my car.
>>
>>13942574
Honestly a grease gun and some grease would only run you about 40$ USD.. You don't have to get a fancy one.. Better to have one then not have one
>>
>>13942580
/thread
>>
>>13942574
>2 zerk fittings
Where are they located?
>>
>>13942601
Not OP here.. But normally outer tie rods have zerk fittings.. Along with some other bushings
>>
>>13942601
It's a panhard bar for a Mustang. There's a zerk on each bushing.
>>
>>13942580

This. Why is this even a question?
>>
>>13942574
>I didn't have a grease gun at the time so I just slathered the outsides of the poly bushings with grease
You're an idiot.
>>
>>13942505
A grease gun is about the only way you can lube grease fittings.
And it's not like they're that expensive.

So yes.
>>
>>13942722
panhards aren't too lube sensitive. you're fine
>>
>mfw my car has 17 grease fittings
>>
>>13942749
They are points where bushing is touching metal.
>>
>>13942948
Wow, just like ur mum.
>>
Depends on the make, I find myself packing wheel bearings just as often as greasing zerk fittings so another good investment is a wheel bearing packer
>>
They cost $20 bucks or so, and you have tie rods and balljoints that need lubed.
>>
Yeah, there's probably lots of zerk points on your vehicle that need grease. Makes the greasable points on your vehicle last many times longer, plus you'll have the tool for life.
>>
File: guido04.jpg (97 KB, 500x458) Image search: [Google]
guido04.jpg
97 KB, 500x458
>>13942505
If you're a guido mechanic yes.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.