[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wtf is going on, f.am? In my area is seems like no one can figure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: full-beam-headlights-symbol.jpg (8 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
full-beam-headlights-symbol.jpg
8 KB, 400x300
Wtf is going on, f.am?

In my area is seems like no one can figure out how to turn off their high beams, anymore. Within the last year nearly 50% of the people on the road continuously drive with them on. I shouldn't know anyone ever uses them, because I shouldn't see them. Why aren't police doing anything about this?
>>
>>13938166
too busy beating up nig nogs and dealing drugs to care about drivers leaving brights on
>>
Lights are just brighter now. It's not high beams.
>>
>>13938169
They need to pull people over for this shit, not going 5mph over the speed limit.
>>13938170
No, it's high beams. No glare exists if you have properly aimed headlights.
>>
>>13938170
Probably this.

But it's not hard to tell when the high beams are on with most cars. It will be a second bulb, or obnoxiously bright. People love to do it around here. Nigger you are on I-95, the street lights are so bright that you don't need headlights. Turn off your high beams.

It's always the same few models of cars too. Newer (~2010+) Honda Civics and Toyota Camry's. The appliance-mobiles for people who know nothing about cars.
>>
In my town, literally no one is aware of the concept of headlight adjustment.
>>
File: 1384793958882.jpg (64 KB, 599x495) Image search: [Google]
1384793958882.jpg
64 KB, 599x495
in Houston, I see a lot of high beams on on older shitboxes.

fucking idiots can't handle controls that don't even leave the steering wheel.

>tfw we will see the death of traditional passenger cars in our lifetime
>>
>>13938925
If we had legitimate enforcement it wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>13938166
Do you live in oklahoma?
>>
>>13939198
Not OP, nor do I live in Oklahoma, but I driven though and I gotta say indians are the worst drivers ever. Also the highway system in OKC is dumb, why would you have people merge onto the fast lane?
>>
>>13939250
When i drove through oklahoma, everybody kept their brights on all the time. Where i live, when you see headlights approaching you, you turn your brights off. I guess it's one of the benefits of living in the south
>>
I guess on the bright side they have their lights on at least, instead of being invisible.
>>
>>13939198
Nope.
>>13939274
That's another thing people are doing more often. Driving with no lights. And fog lights. I don't understand it.
>>
>>13938169
>>13939262
>brights
Stop.
>>
>>13939299
Is anybody aside from you supposed to understand what your post is supposed to mean?
>>
>>13939319
He's an autist and gets upsets when somebody doesn't use the correct textbook word
>>
>>13939319
Stop saying 'brights' for high beams because it is retarded. Not hard to glean.
>>13939325
Please continue to say stupid shit while also being actually autistic and living in your mom's basement.
>>
>>13939335
You're an idiot, they're called brights. It's one syllable and everybody understands what you mean. There is literally no reason to say high beams.
>>
>>13939335
Nice autism bro

Anyway, back to the discussion about brights
>>
>>13939347
No, they are called high beams. Why? Because they are aimed high in comparison to the low beams. You really are an idiot, aren't you? 'Brights' is complete nonsense.
>>
>>13938192

No it is the regular headlights.

My friend has a stock corolla right from the dealership and those fuckers are bright coming at you.
>>
>>13939335
>Being this mad at someone for using a word that 90% of america uses

Your the autist m8, I bet you own driving gloves
>>
ive never ever heard someone call them 'brights'
>>
>>13939380
Never heard anyone outside of /o/ call them 'brights'.
>>
>>13939367

This most cars now have HID's and LED's on their mid and top trim cars, and even in proper projectors they will blind the fuck out of you on 2 lane roads
>>
>>13939367
No, it's the high beams. First, I can tell when the high beams are illuminated on most cars, except 'bi-xenon' cars.

I know what I see, family. Tell your friend to aim his headlights.
>>
>>13939385
I've never heard anyone not call them 'brights'
>>
>>13939366
One syllable vs. Two syllables

One syllable is faster to say and easily understood. Nobody calls them high beams. You're probably a canadian.
>>
>>13939388
You don't put LEDs in projectors and projectors have a physical cutoff that exists regardless of the light source. You can put a candle in a projector and the cutoff will still be exactly where it is. Aim them, and they are fine. LEDs are also fine. Manufacturers HAVE to design with glare in mind or the lights won't be compliant and they will be fined and probably sued. The problem there is people don't know headlights need to be aimed because they don't read manuals.
>>
>>13939385
How do you live? Are you a britbong?
>>
>>13939417
*where do you live
>>
Try flashing them OP, i bet 9/10 of those cars just have new globes in them and you are going to regret the day you actually flash one an then cop his high beams because that shit will blind a mother fucker.
>>
>>13939402
>>13939417
Nope, live in the USA and have lived in every region. If you have trouble speaking the word high beam, you are mentally deficient.
>>
Alot of people, And it isn't just women / old people think "OH THAT LITTLE BLUE / GREEN / WHATEVER LIGHT ON MEANS MY LIGHTS ARE ON GREAT!"

I've actually road with a girl who thought this.
>>
>>13939431
>i bet 9/10 of those cars just have new globes in them
Nigga wtf are you saying? I do flash them. They still leave them on.
>>
GUYS SOMEONE SAID THE SUN WAS 'PRETTY COOL' YESTERDAY AND I GOT SO MAD LIKE HELLO THE SUN IS AN EXPLODING BALL OF HYDROGEN FUSION IT'S NOT COOL ITS REALLY HOT FUCK IT BOTHERS ME WHEN PEOPLE DONT USE THE RIGHT WORDS

RIGHT? I MEAN HIGH BEAMS AREN'T ACTUALLY ANY BRIGHTER SEE ITS MORE ABOUT HOW THEY ARE AIMED THATS WHY YOU SHOULD CALL THEM HIGH BEAMS EVEN THOUGH THEY APPEAR BRIGHTER THEY ACTUALLY AREN'T

seek help
>>
>>13939441
Liar.
>>
>>13939395

Its not fucking high beams.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-laz-headlights-20140825-story.html
>>
>>13939453
Wow, you just autismed all over this thread senpai.
>>
File: 1387824655586.jpg (99 KB, 900x1344) Image search: [Google]
1387824655586.jpg
99 KB, 900x1344
Excuse me m'lady while I turn on my high beams.
>>
>>13939464
Yes, it is, you fucking faggot. Stop arguing with me about what I see, I know what I'm looking at and know what I'm talking about. HID headlights are both not the problem and not new.
>>
>>13939448
Those stupid blue globes, they are bright as fuck, heaps of cars over here are using them for low beams.
>>
>>13939475
You don't know shit you fucking retard.

You're exactly like all the other fucking morons who flash their high beams at me when I don't even have mine on.

You just haven't driven a car that was made in the 5 years.
>>
>>13939441
English probably isn't even your first language. "Speaking high beams", anybody who grew up speaking English would have said "saying high beams". Euro detected. Go pick up a dictionary
>>
>>13939480
Still no clue what you are trying to say.
>>13939488
I know more than you, you fucking nigger. Get your headlights aimed you stupid piece of shit.
>>
>>13939494
New cars don't even have adjustment screws. Not everyone is driving a shitbox corolla from 1989 anymore.
>>
>>13939490
You can say either and speaking was used in context to specify speech.
>>
>>13939516
Yes, they can be adjusted. Are you really this dumb? You're exactly the type of moron this thread is about.
>>
>>13939518
English isn't your first language. Don't tell me how to speak my native tongue. If i tell you that you said something wrong, listen and maybe you wont misspeak next time you try to pretend like you know english as well as the natives who say things correctly
>>
>>13939525
mine automatically adjust
>>
>>13939555
>English isn't your first language
Yes, it is.
>Don't tell me how to speak my native tongue.
Don't tell me, you fucking non-American piece of shit.
> If i tell you that you said something wrong, listen and maybe you wont misspeak next time you try to pretend like you know english as well as the natives who say things correctly
>misspeak
Jig is up, Euro.
>>
>>13939578
What i was said was over your head apparently. Learn how to speak english before you pretend to be an American.
>>
>>13939607
Go away Euro.
>>
>>13939619
U got Pwned in english. Deal with it
>>
>>13939607
>>13939619

You're both fucking Europeans, now go drive your diesel 1.9 shitboxes off some cliffs (if that's still allowed in Europe, or did they ban suicide yet?) while I go buy another AK and hang it from a gun rack in the back of my Geo Metro body on a lifted Blazer frame.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.