[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My sister got in an accident, /o/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (710 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
710 KB, 1600x1200
How fucked is she?
>On her way home from work, sitting at a red light
>Third in line to go
>Gets rear-ended by a 16 year old girl doing 80km/h or so (speed limit is 70)
>Sister slams into the guy in front of her, who hits the guy in front of him
>Somehow manages to drag herself out, can't go back in to get paperwork-her Jeep is vomiting fluids everywhere
>Girl's cunt mother shows up, yells at my sister like it was her fault, packs her brood in an Escalade and drives off
>Went and checked on her in the hospital before her faggot fiancé picked her up, she had Level 2 Whiplash, whatever that means
>Now she's all upset that her Jeep may be a write-off and that she's in pain/in a neck brace
>Father is still in the Army (I got out a couple years ago), looking into legal help for her, Insurance company is involved, cops have given girl a distracted driving ticket, apparently
How badly can this go for that girl? Pic related, her car afterwards.
>>
>"My sister'
>"Friend of mine"
>"My Brother"
>"My neighbor"

Why can't you dingbats just say that it's really you?
>>
As long as your sister gives her account accurately and its true that she was no way in the wrong I don't see it going "wrong"

Also, you said that she has a Jeep... thats not a Jeep in the photo?
>>
File: image.jpg (390 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
390 KB, 768x1024
>>13937003
That's the girl who hit her. My sister drove a Patriot.
>>13936998
Because I haven't had an accident in years. Don't believe me? This is her in the neck brace.
>>
>>13937019
Moar
>>
>>13937019

2cute
>>
>>13937019
Pls more
>>
What is your question..??

>How badly can this go for that girl?
Not very bad at all. Accidents happen. It's part of driving.
She'll get a ticket for distracted driving apparently, if they can even prove it (probably can't, she should fight that), and her insurance rates will go up.

That's literally it.
>>
File: image.jpg (435 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
435 KB, 768x1024
>>13937021
>CRUISIN' ON DOWN MAIN STREET
>YOU'RE RELAXED AND FEELIN' GOOD
>NEXT THING THAT YOU KNOW, YOU'RE SAYIN'
>*crash noises*
>16 YEAR OLD GIRLS IN MUH NEIGHBORHOOD?!
>>
>>13936989
Are you saying that bitch who hit your sister left?
>>
>>13937019
moar op
>>
>>13937019
You dun fucked up.

>>13937021
>>13937027
>>13937030
>>
hey dumbass, don't ever post personal pics, especially of females. /o/ is probably more normal/tame but still.
>>
File: flbdman.png (140 KB, 330x357) Image search: [Google]
flbdman.png
140 KB, 330x357
>>13937019
>>13937039

is she g-gona be ok?
>>
>>13937040
Her mother came shortly after the accident, yelled at my sister and took her daughter away. Left the car.
>>13937045
Me? I dindu nuffin.
>>
>>13937063
Eat me, it's my sister. You wanted proofs.
>>13937072
I think so, but she's gonna hurt for a bit.
>>
File: tumblr_mssdnaaLqC1shm9rjo1_500.gif (503 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mssdnaaLqC1shm9rjo1_500.gif
503 KB, 420x315
Post moar OP, don't be a faggot and go AWOL on us

Also that 16 yr old and her mom is gunna be in shit tons of trouble if they left the scene before the cops showed up
>>
>>13937073
And she just got a ticket? That feels like fleeing the scene of an accident
>>
>>13937085
Not much else to post. I just snapped pair of shots to text family to show how she was.
I don't have 100% of the details, I wasn't there, but to my understanding, they did leave before the cops arrived. They stopped by their home to deliver the ticket for distracted driving.
>>
>>13937019

>tattoo

Degenerate
>>
>>13937096
I don't know. And the girl never said a word to anyone, either. No "sorry", "whoops lol", nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 205x187) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 205x187
>>13937099
>Leaving the scene of a multi-car accident that YOU CAUSED without waiting for the cops
>Ever
>>
>>13937124
You don't have to wait for cops in an accident.. it's not a hit and run. Fuck this board is stupid.

All you're required to do is give your name and insurance (depending on state)
>>
>>13937141
I feel like in some states you've got to stay so they can check to see if you were impaired while driving
>>
>>13937141
OP here, Canadian. I'm not sure how that works, but when the person you hit is taken away in an ambulance, you'd figure it looks bad to fuck off, even if it is legal.
>>
>>13937141
So in Texas you don't have to stay at the scene till the cops show up but you do have to provide all your information to the other driver. If you don't you will be charged with hit and run. Also if you are charged with hit and run it doesn't matter if the wreck wasn't your fault it will be counted as your fault because you ran. I was involved in a very similar wreck a few month back where I was rear ended and pushed into the car in front of me. Both the driver that hit me and the one I was pushed into ran and they both where counted at fault for the accident. Had the driver I hit stuck around I would have been counted at fault for his damages and the damages to the front of my car.
>>
>>13937272

What kind of stupid ass state counts you at fault when you're pushed into the car in front of you?
>>
>>13937003
She hit the guy in front, so, shared fault here.
>>13937384
It's common.
>>
Get a lawyer, explain your situation. Get them to find the girl and sue the shit out of her for personal injury and to cover the cost of the repair.
>>
>>13937761

Wait, she is at fault because her car hit the guy infront as it was pushed forwards by the force of the car hitting her in the rear?

What the fuck?
>>
>>13937019

>posting actual pictures of your sister

Absolute madman!
>>
>>13937177

Did you get plate number? Picture of insurance and driver's licence? I rear ended some girl and forgot to get her phone number(she took mine) and pictures of the damage(first ever accident, nervous etc) so I drove to her house.
>>
>>13937019
would fuck/10. have any vacation swim suit pics?
>>
>>13937761
>>13937777
no she 100% isnt because the initiator of the accident is at fault and OPs sister couldn't possibly be in any way be held responsible for not nulling someone elses mistake
>>
>>13937916
She's at fault for hitting the guy in front and guy in front is at fault for hitting the one in front of him. Girl who caused it all is most at fault then his sister then other dude.
>>
>>13937916
>OPs sister couldn't possibly be in any way be held responsible for not nulling someone elses mistake
lmao you don't know how insurance companies work, do you
>>
>>13936989
>before her faggot fiancé picked her up
You want to fuck your sister, don't you?
>>
>>13937019

>tfw no Canadian gf
>>
>tfw no qt sister
post her panties

and everyone in your story cannot drive
>being so close to eachother that an accident effects two cars ahead
>>
>>13937019
>tattoo
>forearm
double intothetrash.jpg
>>
>>13941477
dude cmon now, I know everyone on /o/ is just a perfect driver, but even if you leave normal room, a fucking car rear ending you at 70mph is going to cause a very severe crash to everyone around. quit being a dumbass.
>>
>>13937019
>muh whiplash
You murricans...
>>
>>13942422

you kind of have to, honestly.

insurance here try's to fuck you any way it can so they don't have to pay, or pay you the least ammount of money they can.

If you don't claim whiplash you're just fucking yourself.
>>
>>13936989
> Hit from behind while stationary
At least here in the UK, that defaults to the fault of the person who was moving at the time.

Worst LIKELY case is loss of any no-claims, and she gets a big payout when the jeep's written off.

However, if your sister is the one with whiplash, she has grounds to sue.
>>
>>13937948
this can not be true
>>
>>13936989
>gets rear ended
automatically not her fault, her rates are going to go up but she has nothing to worry about aside from recovery

hope she has health insurance
>>
>>13942647
Wait America doesnt have a TAC?
Over here if your car is a write off and you are not at fault they cover everything, heck they even payout your estimated earnings over the rest of your life if you are unable to work again.
>>
>>13937019
>>13937039
I'd give your sister whiplash from the Category Five Face Fucking brewing off the coast of my penis. If you know what I mean.
>>
File: 1447949719634.png (280 KB, 634x466) Image search: [Google]
1447949719634.png
280 KB, 634x466
>>13938006
This.

If OP's in Ontario he'll be the first to tell you that insurance companies here are pure evil an only care about milking every penny the can out of everyone in the province because insurance is mandated by law here.

I believe it's a similar situation in British Columbia and interestingly enough I've heard insurance companies there have lobbied to ban RHD cars completely in the interest of "public safety" of which the opposite is responsible for their income and they in particular make a killing off of insuring them if you can find somewhere that will do it.
>>
>>13942613
>>13942647

In Ontario at least, if you get pushed into a car in front of you like this, you're responsible for the car in front (aka you're at fault). The idea is that you should be keeping distance enough that if you get hit you won't hit the car in front.

There MAY be special cases where if you get rear ended at unreasonable speeds you may get off if you hit the next guy, but that would be a special thing.

Also, here, if you are NOT found at fault for anything, your rates are not supposed to increase because of it. Your company pays to fix you, then sues the insurance company of the at fault vehicle. Your company isn't out of pocket anything but lawyer fees, and your rates stay the same. The at fault company's rates will increase, though.
>>
>>13941571
It was only about 50mph, but this so much
>>
>>13942744
Here in Ontario (California), you're not at fault if you're in an accident which causes another car damage; in your sister's situation, the 16 year old is responsible for all damages to any cars involved

I was in a similar accident, I rear ended a car and I was at fault for that car also hitting the car infront of it
>>
>>13936989
Sue mother for verbal abuse or something. Fuck those old ugly cunts, thinking theyre above everything.
>>
File: 1418097707102.gif (1014 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
1418097707102.gif
1014 KB, 500x213
>>13937019
Anon, you have made a terrible, terrible mistake.
>>
>>13936989
You should be able to sue for the whiplash. Fortunately because they already gave her the ticket you won't have to worry about proving she was at fault. Basically just get a lawyer and start collecting your checks.
>>
>>13942744
Generally speaking, you're not supposed to be at fault if you're rear ended and pushed into another car as long as you could see their back tires touching the road or were 1 car length behind them. At least that's true where I live.
>>
>>13943255
That's where the special cases come in. If they deem that you left reasonable room AND were on your brakes, then no, you won't be found at fault.

You'd think that these would be "normal cases", but when's the last time people left enough room at intersections?

About the tires rule, might be a good rule of thumb doesnt hold up legally as its very dependant on car types, etc (think of a tall truck behind a lowered civic, would have to be really far back to see any treads, whereas the civic could be underneath the rear of the truck and still see tire).
>>
>>13936989
>jetta
>patriot
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>13937019
White trash/ nose peircing
>>
>>13937141
>You don't have to wait for cops in an accident

Some places DO consider it a hit and run, or at least fleeing the scene of a crime. Its easy as fuck to find you, sure, but leaving gives you time to make something up or outright claim you weren't driving the vehicle. Plus if you fuck off with a broken back or something and die later, you can bet that persons family will sue the police or the person they hit and probably win.
>>
>>13942744

Ontario fag here. Stop pulling shit out of your ass.
>>
>>13946204
These circumstances have happened before. These are the results I've seen.

Care to offer something constructive?

Or if you're referring to the new 50/50 fault shit here for most accidents, I don't know much about it.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.