[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking to buy a 4x4 truck for the purpose of offroading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1748933-1447571629-385501.jpg (47 KB, 664x500) Image search: [Google]
1748933-1447571629-385501.jpg
47 KB, 664x500
I'm looking to buy a 4x4 truck for the purpose of offroading and as a warmer place to sleep in the winter. I'm 6'4" so the average bed length won't work on something like a Taco.

Been thinking about a 1/2 ton long bed but the gas mileage is rough. Any other good dirtbag vehicles out there?
>>
most newer V6 1/2 tons will get similar mileage to the taco.
>>
>6'4"
Holy fuck im so glad im 5'9", i fit perfectly in my Tacomas 6ft bed.

Buy an 80s Diesel Suburban OP.
>>
Look for a 7.3 Powerstroke Excursion or Suburban. If you're going to be sleeping in the truck often I'd get an SUV instead, more insulation and you can idle it if you need heat or A/C.
>>
File: 473586.jpg (32 KB, 504x378) Image search: [Google]
473586.jpg
32 KB, 504x378
Ford E-350 4x4 Diesel
>>
>>13936979
Pretty much for weekend trips only.

>>13938900
Might as well buy the moon. They're rare.
>>
>>13936805
>gas milage
I filled up at $1.75 a gallon today, fuck your gas milage.
>>
>>13936831
>burban
This, especially if you want to sleep in it. I'd suggest a GMT400 though, they are cheap as fuck because wverybody wants a truck instead of an SUV, fuel economy sucks and its like trying to park a bus, but honestly you'll have both of those issues with a long box pickup anyway.
>>
>>13939225
Dare to dream, nigga! Take the seats out the back, slide in a comfy matress in their place, and 4wd your ass to your grimey sleepy spot in the woods a few miles off the highway.
>>
>>13936805
At 5'10" I can just sleep in the back of a 4 door blazer, I can fit a twin bed in there. You could probably be comfortable in a Tahoe, a Suburban would be very roomy.
>>
Why would sleep in the bed of a pickup during winter? Do you live in Florida?
>>
>>13936805
My c1500 gets 22 highway. Extended cab and long bed.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.