[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive /2015-11/27/roborace-aut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: roborace_news[1].png (20 KB, 680x454) Image search: [Google]
roborace_news[1].png
20 KB, 680x454
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-11/27/roborace-autonomous-cars-formula-e

DUN DUN DUUN
>>
shit is so easy to rig
>>
this is retarded.. a simple computer with gps and at least 2 pwm outputs could run around a race track perfectly till the end of time. not impressive at all. people have already build completely self flying r/c helicopters and planes in their living rooms.

i wish autistic reddit nerds would get out of car culture.

>muh self driving cars wow so cool xD
>>
>>13937267
Taking the driver out of the equation turns a race into the opposite of NASCAR. Imagine a series where the only specified component is the driver. That's a series I want to watch.
>>
>>13937407
That's because you have autism.

If you want to see what constructor racing is like check out Formula 1.. currently the most boring series in the world. In fact any series in which fuel and tires are limited the driver is almost entirely removed from as a variable.

And that doesn't change the fact that a robot race car is extremely simple technology. A microcontroller and servos from the 70s could drive a car around a static layout.
>>
cooler than any racing out right now

/o/ is so tryhard
>>
>>13937462
You don't watch racing so how would you know?
>>
>>13937526
you obviously dont watch any so how do you have any room to talk

no human drivers instantly make it cooler
>>
>>13937577

this board is so fucking trash.
>>
>>13937598
>>13937577
>>13937526
Is anonymous
>you dont watch racing
>well neither do you

Go fuck off you little inbred shits before mummy catches you up this early
>>
>>13937598
this is an auto board not a driver board

>>13937619
>Australians

pls
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.