[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hatch vs Sedan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 13-Rear-Quarter.jpg (969 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
13-Rear-Quarter.jpg
969 KB, 1500x1000
Hey guys just taking a poll of what version of the WRX you guys prefer.

Also is 20k for an 08 sti hatch with 110k miles a good deal?
>>
>>13930490
>used STI

Don't.
>>
>>13930492
Well all the new STIs look like corollas and i cannot afford them
>>
>>13930497
Then just scrap the idea, do not get a used STI ever.
>>
>>13930500
Care to elaborate?

For AWD sports cars its either an STI or an EVO and evos are more expensive so i dont really have much choice.
>>
>>13930490

>Also is 20k for an 08 sti hatch with 110k miles a good deal?

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>13930505

You do not want a sports car that has been thrashed as much as STI's do. I assure you whatever STI you look at has probably been launched more times than you've sneezed in the past five years. Redlined at any chance the owner had. Not to mention they're all sold once they're about to break in a very bad way, and sold for a very large sum of money for something with a ton of miles on it. Also, boxer engines aren't cheap to maintain if something goes bad, but that's not my point.

If you seriously MUST have an STI, you have been warned. I have seen over 10 close people, and over 10 customers at the shop I work get burned hard because they come to find out the used STI they bought is nearing it's death.
>>
>>13930507
What? Is that bad? Thats essentially what all the stis in my area are going for but this is an 08 hatch and there arent any of those in my area. They seem to be pretty rare
>>
File: takei.gif (2 MB, 290x260) Image search: [Google]
takei.gif
2 MB, 290x260
>>13930510

Buying a used STI is kind of like hiring a prostitute with herpes and raw dogging it.
>>
>>13930509
I figured this but Id most likley be rebuilding the engine anyways to get more power, no? And as long as i dont hear any ticking and get it checked out by a mechanic shouldnt i be okay?
>>
>>13930514
You do realize that by the time you're done rebuilding the engine and purchasing the car outright for 20k you're probably better off putting a very good down payment on some other car you might have in your dream car list? Seriously, scratch an STI off it. It's almost as bad as buying a used S Class.
>>
>>13930513
fun?
>>
>>13930519
The older STI is my dream car though. Id someone offered me a brand new lamborghini, id take it and buy an old STI. Motorcycles are my passion and what I will always drive so i want a car for those rainy and snowy days that will still put a smile on my face. But i do see your point. Thank you
>>
ITT people that dont know the difference between an STI and a WRX

STI with low miles and good maintenance records are fine
>>
>>13930532
I don't know you but I'm seriously looking out for you. Be careful and don't go for the first thing you see, you might have to wait weeks, months, or years til you find a perfect one.
>>
>>13930534
Thank you i really appreciate it! Was I right about the ticking thing though? Isnt that a good indicator if a car has been driven high on the rpm range?
>>
>>13930533
>ops car in question has 110k miles
>completely missing the point
The only record a used sti comes with is a rebuilt title.
>>
>>13930490
go for it anon, insurance will be like a quarter of the cars value you though lol
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.