[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Another shitty "find me a car" thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: toyota_tercel_4wd_wagon_sr5_4.jpg (573 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
toyota_tercel_4wd_wagon_sr5_4.jpg
573 KB, 2048x1536
Any hints as to what would be a good long distance, heavy-ish hauling and most importantly reliable and efficient car that can be had for peanuts? I need a music gear (drums, amps, guitars, not so much people) hauler that I can regularly take halfway across Massachusetts fairly regularly without stabbing myself in the wallet like my SUV is doing to me. Bonus points for it being actually fun to hoon in.

Pic related, was thinking of one of these guys in manual, reportedly gets something like 29mpg on a good day and may or may not be Toyota reliable
>>
Subaru Legacy gen ii wagon

Any station wagon will do actually, way better than SUV's
>>
volvo 240
>>
>>13930101
But I don't play indie
>>
Mazda 6 wagon
>>
>>13930048
Pic related if you can find one that isn't an iron oxide deposit.

Yes they are Toyota retarded reliable but fucking slow.
>>
>>13930169
Assuming I can find one, can it be sped up at all without ruining fuel efficiency? Or would it be a case of just dealing with it
>>
>>13930182
The latter.
>>
File: IMGP1084.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1084.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>13930098

Can confirm this, the Subaru Outback is basically a 4WD light truck with a topper bolted on if you lay down the back seats, plus better gas mileage than most trucks of that size and far easier to work on.

You'll have to look pretty hard to find a bargain, but these things are tanks.
>>
>>13930235
I agree with you, except for

>far easier to work on

Subarus can be a bitch to work on. Some things are easy, but there's not a lot of room to work in the engine bays and gaskets will make you want to sodomize yourself with your entire socket collection.
>>
>>13930249

I hope I don't have to find this out for myself, but it appears that head gasket replacement can be done fairly easily without removing the engine at all.

So far, mine's been nothing but a joy to work on. Every fluid is very easy to change. I don't even have to jack the thing up to get under it.

I mean, if you can work on FWD and RWD, you can work on a Subaru if something goes wrong with the drivetrain, as all the elements are just a combination of those things adapted to 4WD.
>>
File: corolla-alltrac-wagon.jpg (284 KB, 2240x1380) Image search: [Google]
corolla-alltrac-wagon.jpg
284 KB, 2240x1380
I'll list some neat wagon options

>mazda protoge5 wagon
>4wd tercel wagon
>civic wagon
>accord wagon
>corolla wagon (bonus for all-trac trim)
>cressida wagon
>camry wagon
>>
I'll looking for a comfy highway cruiser. Comfort is my priority. I've been thinking of getting a town and country, a maxima, ls400 an accord, Passat or something that's full sized. Fuel economy isn't an issue since I'll be driving it highway only. Any other cars I should check out?
>>
>>13930434
if size and economy isn't a priority get something ludicrously big like a chevrolet kingswood
>>
>>13930434
Grand Marquis
/o/ will hate you because they have grandmommy issues, but those cars are built for the highway
>>
File: suzuki-sx4-2012-4.jpg (414 KB, 1500x938) Image search: [Google]
suzuki-sx4-2012-4.jpg
414 KB, 1500x938
Suzuki SX4
>Remove rear seats
>average 30+ mpg
>AWD
>Reliable J20a/b engine
>tons of manual out there
>cheap
why not?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.