[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought the '91 version of this as my first car, how fucked am I?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: ToyotaMR2GT-SSW20-97hinten.jpg (68 KB, 949x536) Image search: [Google]
ToyotaMR2GT-SSW20-97hinten.jpg
68 KB, 949x536
Bought the '91 version of this as my first car, how fucked am I?
>>
>>13929830
bought the '85 version of this as my first car as a teenager with no experience driving manual, how fucked am i
>>
Gr8 car M8. You get the turbo? Auto or manual?

boxers or briefs?
>>
>>13929833
Did you died?
>>
>>13929843
Yeah it is turbo as well as manual.

Also boxers
>>
>>13929853
RIP in peace
>>
>Pre-pussification turbo SW20
>First car
Well hey, at least if you survive the first 12 months you'll be a better driver than most of /o/
>>
File: mr2-18.jpg (64 KB, 630x465) Image search: [Google]
mr2-18.jpg
64 KB, 630x465
Where are you at? Get good tires and plenty of practice. They're fantastic cars for what they cost, got mine a few months ago as my first manual and can just barely keep up with my friend who has had an s2k for a decade
>>
>>13929830
Are you dead yet?
>>
>>13929885
Canadian west coast so plenty of rain is what I'll be getting, good tires are on the shopping list for sure.

>>13929975
Haven't driven it yet :3

>>13929883
Live fast die young, being a better driver is the goal I guess
>>
>>13929885
Too grippy of tires and you get even less warning before it oversteers.

Should get tires that are good in the rain even if they're less grippy in the dry.
>>
>>13929994
hasn't been a problem for me, i've been able to catch it right as it happens the plenty of times it's popped out. but i've never driven FR so i'm learning with this. it's only rained here five or six days this year so lots of grip is what i perfer as i'm often running with people with modified cars
>>
>>13929983

Are you a BC fag? if you are, I'm a n00b too, lets hoon sometime when the salt is gone, I got an ae86.
>>
Look up the recommended suspension fixes.
>>
>>13930426
And then don't do any of those, as they neuter the handling by inducing plenty of understeer
>>
File: aAKqpO6.jpg (102 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
aAKqpO6.jpg
102 KB, 1080x1080
>>13929853
>boxers over briefs
>>
Watch out for leaves.
>>
>>13930015

>>calls it FR

Sell this bitch before you treequinox!
>>
In all honesty, take it easy OP. It's not worlds different from other cars but the MR layout is different enough that you should build a comfort with the layout. Remember its a multi-ton machine and don't kill yourself. Other than that have fun because that's a good car.
>>
>>13929833
someone help me
>>
>>13929833
I'm actually about to do this, anyone have advice
>>
>>13931528
i ment i've never driven fr so i'm not used to how fr rotates, i only have experience with mr and ff
>>
>>13931528
mad reading comprehension bro
>>
>>13931717
be smooth and not too fast when letting the clutch out
that's just about it
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.