[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heel-toe, or left-foot braking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2015-10-24-22-16-41.png (568 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-24-22-16-41.png
568 KB, 1280x720
Heel-toe, or left-foot braking?
>>
just drop her in first give it some jandal fuck yeah mate
>>
>>13924835

Depends on your drivetrain layout.
>>
>>13924835

I can understand left foot braking in a fwd but why would someone do it on a rwd?
>>
Put it in D

left foot brake because what else would you do with that foot
>>
>>13924848
>>13924859
don't take initial D too literally.
>>
>>13924871
Not that trip, but when did Initial D cover left foot braking as dependent on drivetrain?
>>
>>13924848
more details please
which is best for FF,FR,MR,AWD
>>
File: eg6station.jpg (16 KB, 350x237) Image search: [Google]
eg6station.jpg
16 KB, 350x237
>>13924880
Watch first stage again
>>
>>13924864
Work the fucking clutch.
>>
>>13924944
>driving a manual

just drive an auto so you can left foot brake and win
>>
Both are used.. sometimes in the same series of corners.

>mfw /o/ knows literally nothing about performance driving
>>
>>13924871
Coudlnt care less about those gook cartoons.

Left foot braking is used in fwd to shift your weight forward midturn on the drive wheels for better traction because of the bigger contact patch and thus lessen understeer

Someone correct me if i wrong.
>>
>>13925088
That's what you do. But last time I posted this technique fucking aspies rained from the skies.
>>
>>13925088
left foot braking is used in all types of drive configurations for various reasons.

what you're describing is trail braking.
>>
>>13925109
probably because trail braking has nothing to do with using your left foot and so it's pointless to bring up in a thread about left foot braking.

heel toeing and left foot braking are both essential on a race track for many reasons none of which have much to do with trail braking.
>>
>>13925121
It was brought up in FWD thread. It's about loading the suspension. Don't presume to know anything about it numbnuts. You weren't there.
>>
>>13925138
trail braking has nothing to do with FWD or left foot braking. That's the facts. sorry bud.
>>
File: Untitled2121.png (1 MB, 813x945) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2121.png
1 MB, 813x945
>>13924963
>Both are used
correct answer to ops trick question

>>13924859
throttle braking look it up
>>
>>13925143
Are you fucking drunk? Get the fuck out about your goddamn trail braking shit. I'm talking about loading the suspension now...and I was talking about it then. And yeah stupid fuck...YOU HAVE use your left foot to do it...how the fuck else are you going to use the throttle at the same time as the brake otherwise. Stupid fuck.
>>
>>13925156
you dont load the suspension, you shift the weight
>>
>>13925156

1) loading the suspension is what trail braking is for
2) its not unique to fwd
3) you don't have to use your left foot are you fucking retarded lmao

whatever man, im out of this thread youre a no car no track experience shitposter.
>>
>>13925173
That's the SAME FUCKING THING you aspie!
>>
>>13925148
Is it really a trick question?
>>
>>13925177
loading the suspension sounds like a term for operating a dump truck
>>
>>13925177
btw 'loading the suspension" is not what left foot braking is used for outside of trail braking.

if ur left foot braking while on the throttle it's to control wheel spin or keep the car stable.
>>
>>13925187
>do you have sex with girl a or girl b
trick question i sex both
>>
>>13925174
You're an idiot.
>2) its not unique to fwd
And stop putting words in my mouth. I never said it was unique to FWD cars.
>>
>>13925193
its not my fault you have no racing experience.
just accept that you're confusing left foot braking with trail braking and move on.
>>
>>13925190
It's to put weight on the appropriate corners of the car for traction to prevent understeer. And again, gtfo with your trail braking bullshit.
>>
>>13925200
No you are confused. You're the only one talking about trail braking. I'm beginning to think you have lost track of who you are responding to or what was even being discussed. .
>>
>>13925209
what you are describing is trail braking you stupid fuck.

>he thinks dragging the brake while on power exiting a corner will prevent understeer
that would induce understeer.

do you even own a car? be honest
>>
>>13925229
>that would induce understeer
Now I know I've been wasting my time with fucking blow hard.
>>
>>13925229
>exiting a corner
lol you dumb. That's not when you load the suspension. It's too late by then.
>>
>>13925244
........if you do it on entry it's called trail braking. And it can be done with left or right foot. When you do it on exit it's to keep the car stable (induce understeer) and to control wheel spin.

once again, to reiterate. left foot braking has nothing to do with trail braking. you're confusing the two.

>>13925238
when you finally get a car, hit the brakes exiting a corner and let me know how easy it is to turn.

btw heres my garage, that plaque on the bottom left is a track record and the cup on the far right is a national title. stay mad.
>>
>>13925270
I never brought up tail braking in the first place. How many time ya have to read that? And I don't care about exiting a corner. There is no reason to load the front suspension on FWD car or RWD to exit a corner. I'm loading the front corner for traction to prevent understeer. By shifting the weight of the car on that corner of the car, it will get better traction while entering the corner.
>>
>>13925294
Yeah, and that's called trail braking. And I have no idea why you and that other guy brought it up in a thread about left foot braking since the two are unrelated.
>>
>>13925309
Because you use your left foot on the brake. That's why. No, you do not use your right foot because it's on the throttle.
>>
>>13924835
neither can beat takumi on the downhill
>>
>>13925192
Decent analogy.
>>
>>13925148
I think it was the 98 or 99 mclaren which had a second brake pedal that just operated the rear brakes for this purpose

they only got found out after photographers started noticing the rear rotors glowing in odd places on the circuit, and one stuck his camera into the cockpit of one after it retired from a race
>>
I actually use heel-toe to do my "left-foot" braking.
>>
>>13924835

I can't do either on my car because the pedals are at a distance that makes heel-toeing awkward and my brake pedal is spongy as fuck so I need a firmer pedal to do both.

>try left-foot braking
>accidentally the whole thing
>lock my brakes for a sec

Never again.
>>
File: An excellent reaction image.jpg (55 KB, 680x1020) Image search: [Google]
An excellent reaction image.jpg
55 KB, 680x1020
>>13926050
You use your left foot to press both your clutch and brake?
>>
>>13924835
I've used both on the track. When you hit max rpm before a corner and have no reason to downshift, I use left foot braking because I can get on the power sooner and I can balance it easier. Also helps with trail braking if needed.
If I need to brake and downshift I obviously use heel toe braking.

Also, who here uses real heel toe and not that sissy rolling-the-foot-onto-the-gas-pedal nonsense?
>>
>>13924859
It's useful in either, helps keep the revs up a bit.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.