[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What car stuff did you do today, anon? Just did some maintenance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: CNa27znUAAAQ1eA.jpg (42 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
CNa27znUAAAQ1eA.jpg
42 KB, 480x640
What car stuff did you do today, anon?
Just did some maintenance

>replaced fuel filter
>replaced spark plugs and wires
>replaced air filter
>cleaned MAF
>cleaned throttle plate
>cleaned IAC valve
>changed differential fluid
>changed oil and filter

It was a pr/o/ductive day off
>>
File: LEL12.jpg (264 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
LEL12.jpg
264 KB, 1280x960
>>13922805
>zimzam
>>
>>13922805
My hunt for replacement exhaust past the cat converter continues, I might need to drive to the other side of the city to other pick and pulls
>>
>>13922805
Did you get a new car or something? seems like most things I'd do to a newly acquired car, might want to change the cabin air filter, those things can get filthy as fuck
>>
>>13923439
>I might need to drive to the other side of the city to other pick and pulls

The closest junkyard to me is 85 miles away
The feels are real
>>
Loaded the shot longblock from my jeep on the truck, heading down to NJ tomorrow to pick up the new rebuild motor
>>
>>13922805
>Saw spots on garage floor
>Checked to see if it was fluid leaking from car
>>
>>13922805
bled brakes
replaced front pads
cleaned headlights
flushed radiator
replaced broken wheel stud
fit winter tires

ready4cold
>>
>>13924101
Took me 4 hours of driving, but I've got the rear section I needed, and the last trim bit I had to find. Gonna JB Weld a crack I noticed after I got back, fix a tiny bit of rust and it'll be ready to go in the coming days
>>
degreased and waxed chain
installed led tail light and strobe relay
rode to dr appt
>>
File: 36-503_xl_1[1].jpg (46 KB, 710x950) Image search: [Google]
36-503_xl_1[1].jpg
46 KB, 710x950
Drained and refilled my washer fluid - master mechanical technician at work here guys
>>
>>13925693
>Drained
why not just top it off?
>>
>>13925697

I think there was some water in it due to condensation, and with temperatures dropping down to -20C at night I don't want my lines or similar to freeze. So, now it once again has pure antifreeze that won't freeze unless its below -30C. Normal blended would freeze at about -20C which has been a problem at times
>>
File: 1447850958239.jpg (52 KB, 306x480) Image search: [Google]
1447850958239.jpg
52 KB, 306x480
>too poor to afford maintenance
>can only afford running costs
i just pray it doesn't blow up one day, feels bad
>>
File: 20151118_005256.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151118_005256.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Today I
>took my pasanger door off
>took all the good parts off.
>Took the donor door and put the good bits on it, then made vapor barriers for it.
>put the donor onto my truck.
>then bleed the brake lines.

In the last week though I've doon the same to the driver door, put on a new master cylinder, and wired in a horn relay.
>>
>>13922805
>Removed a bunch of leaves stuck in my windshield wipers
>Killed hundreds of ants infesting my car cover with pesticide, then hosed it off
>Delivered pizza in my miats
>Coincidentally encountered a delivery driver from a competing business on a mountain and chased him downhill while worrying about if the wind would blow my topper off and if it would blow his off and fuck my shit up
>Saw another miats while caught at a red light on the way back to the store - chased after it and was disappointed to find a morbidly obese woman driving it
>>
Put on winter tires yesterday. Gotta clean my summer tires/wheels before going into storage.
>>
I put in a new battery, headlights and tail lights yesterday.
>>
I cleaned the carb, air filter, and fuel tank on my leaf blower.

Hopefully the fucking piece of shit will start now. I got leaves everywhere.
>>
File: 1420355651574.png (478 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1420355651574.png
478 KB, 853x480
to do today

shitbike
>take carb off bike
>clean, and make sure it's fine
>start bike up again
>replace tires/tubes (have no stand though so idk)

shitbox
>check for leaks
>needs an oil change

And I'll try to clean my tools up if I have time
>>
>>13925733
Sell drugs
>>
>>13923442
Yes
>>
File: yGR-0001193.jpg (375 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
yGR-0001193.jpg
375 KB, 1000x750
finally cleaned the track numbers off my windows. track closed for the season like 3 weeks ago.
>>
Not today but this week

>timing belt
>timing belt tensioner
>timing belt idler
>water pump
>thermostat and housing
>serpentine belt
>oil change

For going 25k over on the timing belt everything was fine.

to do
>valve cover gasket
>clutch
>fix the paint on the passenger side doors
>front end alingment
>>
>>13929673
>changed tie rods 2 weeks ago
>still haven't gotten aligned
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.