[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well shit...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13
File: fuck.png (434 KB, 628x469) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
434 KB, 628x469
Don't ever think it couldn't happen to you.

God damn it /o/, of course this happens when I drive my girlfriends car to work.

She was supposed to drive to her parents house tomorrow so I took her car to work so I could put gas in it and check her tire pressure.

There was an accident on the right and I rubber necked it for a second, next thing I knew I looked forward, jammed the brakes, but it was too late. The lady said the cars in front of her jammed on their brakes.

Already had it towed to a shop and told her parents; we're going to break the news to her later today. She's going to be sooooo pissed. Today is not a good day...

Hate to say it but there is a bright side, by not getting a rental car, the insurance will credit $25 a day while the car is being repaired which will take more than 3 weeks the body shop manager told me (because of Thanksgiving). So that credit will cover the $500 deductible and my girlfriend walks to work anyway.

Also, I only carry liability on my car...
>>
Lol just buy a new car. What are you, poor?
>>
>>13920651
>not paying attention while driving
>following so close you can't stop
you're at fault ya dumb fuck.

Also what does it matter what insurance you have, it's her insurance that matters.
>>
>>13920664
No shit I'm at fault.

It matter, because her insurance will cover the repair, if I had been driving my car, I'd be fucked.
>>
File: Saabfaen.jpg (288 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Saabfaen.jpg
288 KB, 1632x1224
Shit happens, the most important thing is to learn from it
>>
>>13920669

So you were on her insurance?

If not it will not cover a damn thing.
>>
>>13920670
thanks based Scandibro. Very true, always learn from your mistakes and don't dwell on them. All we can do now is deal with it and move on.

It could always be worse...
>>
>>13920674
Man, you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>13920681
>fucking dumb
No, that's how the vast majority of insurance works.

Even when residing in the same house or family when crashed there are many times cuts to how much the insurance will cover.
>>
>>13920674
No, but I was given permission to drive the vehicle. Her insurance will cover it, I used to work at a body shop.
>>
>>13920674

Unless there are circumstances or clauses in the insurance policy that would make it so; it will cover what its supposed to cover.

Now, here in Norway you've gotta sign on for "Will anyone under 23 be driving this car?" if anyone under 23 will be driving the car. Everything else could perfectly be in order, but if something happens and the driver is under 23 it won't be covered

OP's insurance will have to do its part as long as there aren't factors about him as a driver that would make the insurance invalid
>>
>>13920699
>norway
Yea nah, in the US if you aren't written into the insurance they will cut how much they will cover or sometimes not cover at all.
>>
>tailgating
>liability in a very expensive mini
>being hood rich
>>
>>13920708

Really? I've been talking quite a bit about stuff like this with some americans I play ARMA and whatnot with, and they told me that it was basically the way we have it here (they're from Minnesota, Illinois and Utah I believe)

Then again, I'm willing to believe that people on here would know this a bit better

What is the usual "cut" rate? Does it vary depending on the circumstances and the driver?
>>
>>13920727
All depends on

>company
>state
>policy in company
>>
>>13920720
>being illiterate
>thinking a mini is expensive
>>
>>13920720
read again.

The mini has full coverage. My car does not, the point was that if I was in my car I'd be fucked and would have to fix it my self, which I could do but would be a huge hassle.

I definitely am hood rich, that's for sure though...
>>
>>13920734
>20k for a car
it's pretty expensive considering the options you have over it.
>>
>>13920739
>20k
>very expensive
You have to be 18 to use this site.
>>
>>13920745
Anon, the vast majority of people here won't drop 20k on a car, it's an expensive and worthless thing to do.

you are the underage one here if you think spending 1/3th your yearly income on a vehicle is a wise thing to do.
>>
File: 573737.jpg (218 KB, 792x860) Image search: [Google]
573737.jpg
218 KB, 792x860
>>13920736

I feel the pain... my own car was smacked on friday morning, but every scrapyard in Norway has fucktons of old Mercs and parts laying around, and I also live just a mile away from a larger one, and as such I was able to get it back into a driveable shape by friday afternoon, and after getting a matching plastic trim & new wiper engine today the only thing I'm missing is my radiator cowling (which is the reason why there is a bit of rope there, tying the radiator hose)

Any idea on how much was damaged on the Mini?
>>
>>13920750
>worthless
>calls me underage when he can't even read
Fuck off in your 2k shitbox
>>
>>13920753
And you fuck off with your nigger poorfag loans.
>>
>>13920734
For the price of that mini? That's a hood rich price

>>13920745
Minis are not even worth that price because of the reliability issues
>>
Stopped at red light, light turned green, everyone started slowly moving, looked down to answer a phone call, look up and cars have stopped/slowed down, hit the breaks but it was too late.

100% my fault and I'm perfectly fine with it.
>>
>>13920757
>mad you make $8 an hour
>has no idea how investing works and thinks a loan is a bad thing
>>
File: 1343114123961.png (289 KB, 600x558) Image search: [Google]
1343114123961.png
289 KB, 600x558
>>13920766
>talking out of his ass
>>
>>13920775
>says the autistic illiterate retard that can't comprehend that it's not OPs car and thinks 20k is a lot of money
I suggest when you're old enough you take a finance 101 class to see how things in the real world work and not your mommy's payday car loan where they pick up her car twice a week when she doesn't make the 300% interest only payments.
>>
>>13920752
Nice. Not bad at all. If it was in my car there would of been a hell of a lot less damage ('90 Volvo 245) and there one in the yard 10 min from me. I probably would of just called work and driven straight there. Oh well, is what it is...

We'll see how much damage there is, but having done estimates for a body shop for over a year I'm gonna say about 4-5k.
>>
>>13920782
>getting a loan to try and make money off the market
You can't be this stupid?
>>
>>13920783

Engine mounts ok?
>>
>>13920787
>being this illiterate
Are you retarded on purpose or just pretending? Please show me where I said get a loan to try and invest? You have no idea how interest rates and returns work do you? Why am I even responding your reply will be why did you say cheeseburger.
>>
>>13920766
>investing works and thinks a loan is a bad thing

Frosty, you are supposed to be in jail
>>
>>13920802
>paying interest to someone for a loan
>paying someone else for money you don't have
again you must really be stupid.

How does it feel wasted all of that money?
>>
>>13920801
I hope so... there's damage to the exhaust manifold heatshield, so fingers crossed...
>>
>>13920809
How does it feel to be a poorfag little kid that drives around a rusted out shitbox because you think you know how the world works?
>2% loan on car
>6% net return each year
>hurrr I'm losing money
Fucking moron.
>>
>>13920834
>having to get a loan on a car because he's so poor
>having to rely on loans to make any money because his jobs shit
How does it feel investing 60% of your income to make 6%.
>>
>>13920845
>this assmad
>calls me poor when 20k is a lot
>would rather pay up front for a car than invest money and stay ahead of inflation
Ding fries are done. Your customers in the drive thru need you. I'm done. You have the iq of a 14 year old. Keep justifying your shit life by trying to insult me when I'll retire comfortably and you're greeting people at Walmart with a shitbag on your side.
>>
>>13920863
>uses iq as a judgement of intelligence
Typical poorfag right there.

I bet you are even from Florida.
>>
>>13920651
>rubber necking
Fuck off retard, I have 0 sympathy for you
>>
>>13920863
Just going to butt in here, i have high functioning autism and when tested during my school years my IQ was 141 on average at 14 years old.
In saying that IQ is one of the most retarded methods of testing a persons intelligence considering i was not exactly the smartest kid despite being labelled as one.
>>
>>13921170
thanks bro, we can't all be perfect like you...
>>
File: IMG_20140614_111009.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140614_111009.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Learning the hard way hurts like fuck
>>
shit sucks man. it happens. hopefully you will learn from this and laugh about it a year from now
>>
File: 20151125_044222[1].jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151125_044222[1].jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
I have never crashed a car, i think it has something to do with this reminder of why you don't do stupid things being stuck to my wall.
>>
>>13921235
It's probably more to do with luck to be honest mate
>>
>>13921238
>luck
Luck is just probability taken personally.
>>
>>13921228
same anon. I totalled my beloved jetta tdi by making a left on a yellow light, but everyone stopped so I assumed it was safe to go, then I notice a big ass jeep grand cherokee barreling through the intersection at like 70 mph (40 zone) and hit me in the front, car spun around like 270 degrees and I was stunned.. take key out and get out of the car and this fuckwad had a 2 year old with him in the passenger seat
>wat
my car's front end was pancaked and his car was also totalled. it was my fault but honestly I don't think it was that dumb of a mistake.. how am I supposed to expect a car rocket out of dense traffic at 70 mph 2 seconds after the yellow turns on?
>>
>>13921238
naww OP crashed because he was rubber necking.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oal-vBFmnRk
The day i crash my car it will not be my own fault and if it was i was asking for it.
>>
>>13921228
Thanks. I'm normally a very safe and aware driver, but it only takes a split second for shit to happen. I'm really not looking forward to the damage control I'll have to do in a few hours, but life will go on...
>>
>>13920651
When I was 18, I had my licence for 6 months and got into 2 accidents, both of which weren't my fault. I'm fucked over with insurance premiums, and it started my early career of hating woman drivers in crossovers and cunts with no licences.
>>
>>13921248
Yeah, that sucks but there are always should of, would of and could haves to any accidents. Life is just a series of fuck ups and dealing with them, whether your fault or not; its important to own your fuck up, deal with it and move on.

>>13921249
That's a good PSA but you can only ever have so much foresight to any situation, you just have to be as careful and alert as you can. In that case, that guy was being very reckless.
>>
Do you not have self control or something? Could you fucking not rubber neck?

You deserve it. People like you are fucking assholes.
>>
>a man getting in a car accident as a result of his c u c k i s h faggot driving

Hahahaha fucking manlet fag. Driving well is what separates real men from bitches. You're a bitch. Welcome to bitchtown, bitchface. You can be the mayor.
>>
File: where are your jackstands m8.jpg (103 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
where are your jackstands m8.jpg
103 KB, 1280x960
>>13921274

Might not have been your fault directly, but being a good driver is not just about *not hitting other people*.

It's about being able to see, judge, evaluate, and anticipate the HORRIBLY STUPID SHIT that other drivers do. Case in point, driving to college this morning, get stuck in a long line of bullshit behind some dump truck. Can't pass. Guy in front of me in an S4 is all over his lane, goes into the shoulder at one point. OK, confirmed shit driver, keep my distance of 3 car lengths. Finally get to intersection where I need to make a left, with its own left turning lane. Signal, enter left turn lane. Guy in Audi is still cruising along slowly. Most people would continue at their speed until they get up to the intersection, but I assumed this insufferable NIGGER was going to cut in front of me to make a left. Sure enough, fucker just weaves into the left lane way later than he should have, no signal or anything. If I'd keep going, rather than make sure I stayed behind his rear bumper, he would've smashed my shit up.

TL;DR Life sucks, I had a car trashed by some dumb girl who didn't look before making her turn. I was going 80kmh and was 3 feet from the intersection when she turned in front of me. Can't be avoided sometimes. But most of the time it can. I bet you're way more attentive than 98% of the drivers out there, as a result of your two accidents.
>>
>>13920750
>1/3th

It's 1/3st, dummy.
>>
>>13920651
Fun fact: 90% of drivers believe they're better than average

Pro tip: they're not and your shit
>>
>>13921366

Fun fact: 90% of people are narcissistic idiots, your statistics do not surprise me
>>
File: 1424417107092.jpg (280 KB, 502x600) Image search: [Google]
1424417107092.jpg
280 KB, 502x600
>>13921361
I admit I wasn't a good driver then, how could I be when I was still getting used to it.

But after my accidents, I sat for months straight playing the defensive driving game (narrating to myself exactly what was happening everywhere around me). My spatial awareness is way better now and I know who's gonna try and ruin my day.

I agree with you in the sense that all drivers are absolutely retarded. You gotta avoid bad drivers, expect stupid shit, and play a game of how to avoid people doing anything that could make your life shit. Especially in my city and country.
>>
>>13921361
this.
if you don't drive like everyone is out to get you, you aren't driving correctly.

on my 5th month of having a drivers license, some fag bumped the left corner of my car when i was going 60 (he was trying to overtake in a oncoming lane, there was a car coming).

i went of a ravine, my car went straight to the junkyard. i miracously survived (the cops said my driving position was likely what made me survive, since i didn't break my neck) and they never caught the bastard. he didn't even stop.

it can happen to anyone.

BTW, wtf is rubber necking.
>>
>>13921477
Rubber necking is when you're trying to check shit around you. In other words, being distracted while driving.

If there's an accident you passed on the road or some hot chick and you look at it while driving, you're rubber necking
>>
File: 50shades.jpg (56 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
50shades.jpg
56 KB, 720x720
>>13921477
>BTW, wtf is rubber necking.

It's when you stretch a condom over your entire head and down to your neck, then hold it against your neck and blow it up into a balloon on your head. Some people do this while driving and it causes accidents.
>>
File: 1447534473482.jpg (7 KB, 233x188) Image search: [Google]
1447534473482.jpg
7 KB, 233x188
>>13921502
>>
File: 1439172631876.jpg (42 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
1439172631876.jpg
42 KB, 500x496
>>13920766

>has no idea how investing works and thinks a loan is a bad thing
>thinks getting a loan to buy a new car that depreciates in value is an "investment"
>>
>>13920651

you fucked up, big deal. Its just a car. It sucks moneywise but besides that, there is other shit to worry about, like browsing dank memes
>>
>>13921361

Good post. After riding motorcycles for several yeras and crashing a few, I feel like I'm hyper aware of other drivers around me. It's literally the only way to stay alive on a bike and it's helped me avoid a lot of accidents in my car.
>>
>>13922946
Only time to ever take a loan out on a car if if you can get 0% or very low interest on it. Use the money you would have payed out of pocket to make yourself more money while you're paying off the car.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>13920651
>rubbernecking
>rear-ending people
We can't be friends anymore. I'm sorry.

You didn't even do it in true /o/ fashion and somehow try to blame the other driver!
>>
>>13922946
The amount of people that can't read itt is amazing. How the fuck do you get taking a loan is an investment? Taking money and investing to stay ahead of inflation and make any interest paid on a loan negligible is a smart decision. Fucking manchildren and their muh daddy told me loans are bad mentality.
>>
>>13920651
>Don't ever think it couldn't happen to you.

It won't ever happen to me because I'm not a retard who rearends people.
>>
>>13920670
>learn from it

>>13920677
>learn from your mistakes

“Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.”

This shit happens ALL THE TIME but people still insist on not paying attention to the vehicle ahead. You don goofed pretty good OP.
>>
>>13921243
that's actually pretty good, anon
>>
>don't ever think it couldn't happen to you

True that.

>buy muh truck
>change oil, flush trans, replace shocks up front, replace sway bar links
>mfw still need to do more maintenance but truck is running great
>driving down the road
>going 45mph
>hood latch experiences catastrophic failure, hood flies up and bitch smacks my windshield
>mfw driving down the road frantically trying to find a neighborhood. can only see by looking through the one inch gap at the bottom that isn't being blocked by my hood
>windshield is ruined, hood is destroyed, plastic trim between the hood and windshield shattered
>mfw I took care of my car like a responsible person would and this shit happened

Got a new hood the next day, its red but its not quite the same shade of red as my truck. Haven't fixed the windshield but the two cracks aren't blocking my field of view so fuck it. I'll get the hood painted and get a new windshield in the spring.

It sucks considering I spent almost all of my money into this vehicle and now its a fucking hoopty. But I'm fortunate that I have a car that reliably gets me from a to b, not everyone can say that.
>>
>It'll never happen to me
>get rear ended

FUCK

It was loud as hell too. I had no idea getting into a crash would be as loud as it was. Also that sudden unexpected jolt, man.
>>
>>13923330
It's a GM if anyone's curious. My mechanic told me that GM hood latches are notorious for being junk.

New hood has a dent in it right where the hood latch is, I guarantee its from someone hitting it trying to get that bitch open.
>>
>>13923330
You didn't replace all 4 shocks together like you should. That's your punishment.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.