[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have an irrational fear of driving. I frequently dream about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: fearful.jpg (108 KB, 742x667) Image search: [Google]
fearful.jpg
108 KB, 742x667
I have an irrational fear of driving. I frequently dream about crashing or killing pedestrians. Anybody feel the same way?
>>
i had that before i started
you're vastly overestimating the difficulty of controlling a car, it's extremely easy and controllable

you just need to get into a parking lot and drive around a lot to get used to how the car feels and handles
>>
>>13918993
>this
>>13919102

Make driving your bitch, you control the car, the car doesn't control you.
>>
What's wrong with crashing and killing pedestrians?
>>
>>13918993
I used to feel this way a little before too, but it just takes practice, cars aren't difficult to control and if the road is clean and dry, then there's no chance of losing control of the vehicle.
>>
>>13918993
Ive had dreams where the brakes on the car stop working and I can't slow down even if I try downshifting. Those are pretty spooky dreams.
>>
>>13918993
Just drive over pedestrians until you don't feel anything anymore.
>>
I did when I was a teenager, not so much anymore, though.

My current fear is climbing under a car to fix something. I don't know if it's claustrophobia, or if I'm afraid the car will crush me.
>>
>>13918993
>killing pedestrians
I have them too but mine aren't nightmares
>>
Ask your therapist for exposure therapy, they'll take you driving so you can actually run people over and you'll be healed.
>>
File: kek shelf.png (108 KB, 389x597) Image search: [Google]
kek shelf.png
108 KB, 389x597
>>13921369
>>
>>13918993
Devin, I know that's you.
Driver 3 is not representative of real life.
>>
>>13921319

I'm guilty of this. I have a lot of "no brakes" dreams.
>>
>>13921319
>dream that my dads sienna has no brakes
>go on drive with him
>shitty brakes
>go and replace pads
>after ten years we all good

Prophesy.
>>
I had those dreams too before I started driving regularly. You need to let driving become something you can do well without thinking. The more you drive, the better and more confident you'll get.
>>
>>13921398
It's the fear that a couple pieces of metal are literally the deciding factor in whether or not you will survive.

Don't get cheap jackstands, put them in the right spot, and body check your car on stands before getting under it. If it doesn't move you're good.

Source: I always think about getting the life squeezed out of me every time I go under a car. You just have to be brave
>>
You should always carry at least a little fear when driving. You are hurtling thousands of pounds of metal around populated areas, capable of killing or crippling people with even the slightest mistake.
You've got to just accept it and move on.
>>
>>13918993

I have a rational fear of driving. I frequently dream about some idiot woman or teenager crashing into me and killing me.
>>
>>13918993
I was like this the first months after getting my driver's license.
Now I don't even think at all when driving.
Feels good desu.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.