[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your th/o/ughts on automatic transmission sports cars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 853x480
What are your th/o/ughts on automatic transmission sports cars?
>>
>>13918938
newer ones are just as fast if not faster. still not as fun to drive.
>>
Old ones garbage, new ones, faster than any manual shift.

I disagree that it won't be as fun as a manuel. Something like a 458 or a Huracán just seems like you'd rather be focusing on the speed and the turns rather than a clutch. Maybe something like the stick sequential in the Punani Tsunami might be best.
>>
>>13919561
I like this post
>>
shit. i always filter them out when i'm buying a car.
the new ones might be faster but i'm not a pro racing driver it doesn't matter to me
>>
File: 1447901074797.jpg (669 KB, 3143x1956) Image search: [Google]
1447901074797.jpg
669 KB, 3143x1956
>>13918938
>>
>tfw America and Subaru are the only ones still producing sports cars in Stick shifts.

Get it together, Europe.
>>
>>13919638
porsche
ford
cant you get the polestar in manual?
jaguar
>>
>>13919638
lotus, aston, bmw, peugeot/citroen
>>
>>13919650
>Ford
>European
>>
>>13919650
>porche

yeah go check out a gt3
>>
>>13919638
and Porsche, BMW, Audi, maclaren, ferrari, maserati, Lotus, Jaguar, Renault, Fiat, etc...
>>
DCTs are acceptable, but torque converter autos will always be shit even if they have flappy paddles. As far as I'm concerned anything other than a manual or DCT in a sports car is shit.
>>
>>13919939
Have you ever owned a vehicle equipped with a dct?
>>
>>13919939
This. Because a sportscar isn't just for straight line acceleration, and I want my engine to interact with the drive wheels on both acceleration and deceleration.
>>
Automatic transmission on sports cars sucks.
I mean sure they are faster, and even get you better MPG, but there's a reason why the manual versions are more diserable and always keep their value. We want the best driving experience. I don't care if it is a bit slower because it's a better driving experience.
Another reason, automatic transmission are easily outdated, what was fast 10 years ago, now its slow. A manual it's always manual. Also maintenance it's a plus.
>>
>>13918938
DCTs make sense in either purely track-time focussed stuff, or sports cars with gt elements like Astons and newer Ferraris. I can even see that there's a place for autos in cheaper stuff for people who still want to get a bit of fun out of driving but are too casual to learn to drive stick.

There will still always be a place for manuals, though.
>>
>>13919561
>faster than any manual shift
Glorious snek says otherwise
>>
>>13919939
>bashing flappy paddle

Jeremy Clarkson pls go
>>
>>13918938
lets get to the core of this issue

>people who drive manual think they are better then people that drive automatics, and because of that they are fagits.
>>
>>13920514
The snek would be even faster if it had a DCT. Can't beat those 90 millisecond shift times.
>>
File: puking.gif (490 KB, 241x233) Image search: [Google]
puking.gif
490 KB, 241x233
>>13918938
>>
>>13923398
Manual requires skill, O and Snek is faster than autotragics
>>
>>13923432
superiority complex
>>
>>13923398
I drive stick but I will admit autos have a place

>DD cars for people not interested in learning stick
>DDs for old people who need to focus on driving
>1/2+ ton trucks because of the ease of backing up and towing. Driven stick and auto 1/2+ ton, prefer the auto when i got to back in a 15ft 4 ton trailer on a hill.
>hybrids because fuel economy magic technology

DCT is a whole nother animal that mixes performance, ease of use and fuel economy. I would take a stick over them simply because I like stick.
>>
>>13923438
just stating facts
>>
File: Cayman_GT4_5.jpg (529 KB, 2500x1702) Image search: [Google]
Cayman_GT4_5.jpg
529 KB, 2500x1702
>>13919684
Yeah go check out a GT4 faggot
>>
>>13918938
it's not about whether a transmission is automatic or manual, it's about whether the transmission is well executed or shitty
>>
>>13918938
I want a sports car only because they are lightweight, graceful, handle well, and look good.

That whole "durr, it's not as fun to drive and you're not one with road hurr" arguement is totally null.

I hate driving. I drive to get from A to B. Why would I burden myself with the added responsibility of a manual?

An automatic sports car is perfect for me.
>>
>>13923473
i feel almost cheated that they would remove the doorhandles with the annoying soft ones that they would probably write off as "weight reduction" but keep a fucking clock and tablet on the dash. other than that, this car is fucking perfect.
>>
File: 1333700740631.gif (495 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1333700740631.gif
495 KB, 500x368
>>13925031
>Sport Chrono package
but when it has things like power windows you have to wonder how they justify nylon backpack strap door handles
>>
>>13923560
fly by wire m8
self driving soon enough
then you will be able to sit back in comfort while fully immersed in sleep
what driving is all about
>>
>>13918938
>it's a feh roh ree
>>
>>13923432

It is faster around some tracks but it doesn't shift as fast. We are not talking about who is faster in a race. We are talking about shift times.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.