[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can i get a powerstroke or duramax as a first truck? Im 18 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 2007pulloff01c.jpg (96 KB, 702x392) Image search: [Google]
2007pulloff01c.jpg
96 KB, 702x392
Can i get a powerstroke or duramax as a first truck? Im 18 and my income is $3,600 a month
>>
You can do whatever you want
>>
I think you need more variables to look at. Do you want a

New diesel truck?
Putting any money down?
Locked in financing through a credit union or bank?
Is your job stable?

Anyways took the bait made me post
>>
>>13909305

New diesels are like 50K+ bare minimum these days

Was on a chevy lot and they had a loaded 2500 and it stickered for fucking 76K
>>
>>13909331
Need to add

What do you plan to tow/haul with it?
>>
>>13909305
why would you want a diesel?
>>
>>13909346
So i can drive around in one big a** trucl
>>
>>13909339
Hell a decent half ton is 35k+ now. F150 platinums are msrp 58k.
>>
>>13909305
Do you need to pull something heavy for long trips? If yes, buy a diesel. If no, the price markup, additional maintenance, and generally decreased longevity won't be worth any benefits you may see, when compared to a similar gas engine.
>>
>>13909343
Flatbeds and maybe cars rarely>>13909343
>>
>>13909359
>267 replies and 28 images omitted
>>
>>13909331
Yes
About 4k
Yes
Yes>>13909331
>>
Big diesel trucks are really fun to dd OP. For about 3 months. Then you realize how fucking goddamn expensive they are and how impractical they are for noncommercial use.

For the same price of that truck, you could instead find a car or a smaller truck or suv that is fast, fun, has all the options you want, a nice trim, and will be way cheaper to maintain and way cheaper on gas, and will go WAY longer on a tank of gas. And still have money for modifications.

Just think about it
>>
>>13909305
Why don't you just get a 7.3? Waaaaay cheaper and you have reliability. Hell you could get a 6.0 and do every mod you wanted to it and still come out cheaper than a new 6.7
>>
To buy your first truck you need to be making at least $5200 a month. Sorry op.
>>
>>13909339
Was it even duramax
gm is expensive now a fully loaded escalde is 95-97k
>>
Got a lowered trim level stock duramax with 150+k miles on it for a decent price, resale value is still good, mpg that I get is +/- 1 to 2 mpg's to gas motors of the half ton variety. Driving a CCLB everyday isn't bad once you get used to it, but in a urban environment just know that there are things that are more of a PITA to do such as u-turns. If you are decent with a wrench maintenance isn't a bear, thanks to youtube and dedicated message boards.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.