[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about buying this sometime soon Anyone know if the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2015-11-22-08-10-56.png (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-22-08-10-56.png
1 MB, 2560x1600
Thinking about buying this sometime soon

Anyone know if the 2010 SHO is a decent car or should I keep looking around?
>>
Bump

http://www.yarkauto.com/used/Ford/2010-Ford-Taurus-Toledo+OH-14b141be0a0e0a173be2a220efac5338.htm
>>
>>13908740
I too have a question relatd to this taurus.
How reliable is this car?
>>
Really /o/? you have disappointed me.
>>
Google.....
Think it's twin turbo eco boost? , under 5.5 0-60, land barge.
Not sure tho... Google
>>
google said the same shit, i just want some honest anon reviews, not that bullshit that normies write up
>>
>>13909042
The one thread I ever paid attention to of yours was supposed to be you leaving.
>>
Its just a 4400lb land barge that gets shitty mileage and was engineered by ford. What you looking for in a car? Im positive there are better option for that price.
>>
>>13908740
>automatic only
Keep looking
>>
>>13908740
father bought a 2012 SHO
Pretty nice. It feels hefty and large but they did a good job on the steering. It stays tight and you dont feel the size or weight of it going through corners like you would on other landboats.
They're considerably fast and are quite comfortable on the highway or in the city really
>>
>>13909278

>I just want some honest anon reviews

nigga do you not pay attention to /o/? 75% of this board owns 25 year old shitboxes and shitpost over new cars they've never driven. Find a SHO/Taurus forum to find honest answers.
>>
Used to store material in the Fresno City yard and they had 4 of those Police Taurus SHOs sitting there.
I asked some of the workers what was up with the cars and they said the engines were blown.
To be fair the cops beat the shit out of their cars.

Other cars they had in the yard were 2 Crown Vics that looked like they got rolled, 1 Charger with severe front end damage, and an Explorer that had the rear axle torn out of it.
I dont know wtf those cops do but some of them need Drivers Ed.
>>
>>13909321
holy fuck did they not put oil in the cars or something?
the 3.5 ecoboost in the SHO is pretty fucking solid
>>
>>13909328

ecoboost motors have a bad habit of grenading, actually

There was an anon who bought an ecoboost 1500 and it blew in 10,000 miles. Not to mention the shitty V8 MPG's you get from tiny boosted motors.
>>
>>13909328
Cops beat the shit out of their cars dude.
Theres a reason the Crown Vic had gone for so long without having much changed.
>>
>>13909333
Ive worked with countless ecoboost engines and they've all been amazing thus far. Many had 80K mi+ on them
Never known of one to "grenade"
>>
>>13909301 i need something for around 10-15k, under a 100k miles, and less than 10 years old. preferably awd. having a couple of horses under the hood would be nice as well

>>13909303
it has paddle shift too, so its semi-manual

>>13909304
this is closer to the type of review i was looking for

>>13909312
i know, but its either you guys or /b/, and they all drive lambos and bugattis>>13909321

>>13909321
i'm not law enforcement and i don't plan on drag racing the thing (at least till i pay it off) so i probably don't have to worry about blowing up the engine

>>13909333
fault noted, will look more into this later
>>
>>13909353
note for the paddle shifters, they're surprisingly fast acting compared to other paddle shitters. I use them often when driving and they're especially mode in "sport" mode.

Sport mode really just changes the shift points and makes the throttle more sensitive. Not sure if it actually does anything concerning valve lift/timing or any electronic boost control though which i imagine it doesn't.
>>
>>13909372
especially fun in sport mode, i mean.
>>
>>13909372
>>13909380
i've read that they sometimes have some timing lag, and the car will automatically ignore your input if you try to downshift to accelerate quickly, that true at all?
>>
>>13909393
I'm sure there is some kind of safety so that you dont downshift and place it in the higher revs but I never experienced it.

It has plenty enough heft that if you step on it in most of the gears it'll move with gusto and dont really need to downshift to accelerate.
>>
>>13909404
ahh, good
>>
>>13909353
I personally dont like VW but you might want to check out a Audi Quattro. Has AWD and is about 1k pounds lighter. Not as much power with the 2.0t, but it will definitely get better mpgs and will still be capable of handling snow. I assume you want awd for snow.
>>
>>13909554
I actually found one or two of those too, but everyone I talked to said mantainence costs an arm, a leg and my brother's whole body to keep the things going
>>
>>13909799
the expensive part is paying some asshole to do it. If you can do basic stuff yourself its about the same as any other car.
>>
anon its a taurus they are fine it will last ten yrs buy it
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.