[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is a very real possibility that I will be buying a 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 20
File: 2015-Jeep-Renegade-Trailhawk-1.jpg (350 KB, 1280x899) Image search: [Google]
2015-Jeep-Renegade-Trailhawk-1.jpg
350 KB, 1280x899
There is a very real possibility that I will be buying a 2015 Jeep Renegade today.

Talk me out of it?
>>
>FCA
>>
Go for it if you want it. Just remember to have money set to the side when shit goes wrong, because after all, it is a Fiat/Chrysler.

You should just save a bit more and get a 4runner
>>
>Better-lokking Fiat 500x
>>
>>13903172
That's literally a Fiat 500L
Also take off your trip you dumb nigger. You don't need it itt.
>>
>>13903204
Clover puts in my /k/trip by default. Forgot to take it off.
>>
It'll be alright, OP. It has the historically amazing quality of Fiat AND Chrysler.
>>
>>13903190
>You should just save a bit more and get a 4runner
Because that's a comparable vehicle.
>>
File: 2016-Mazda-CX-3-two.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
2016-Mazda-CX-3-two.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1280
>>13903172
Buy a Mazda CX3 instead..
>>
>>13903204

It's a 500X, fucknut.
>>
>>13903255
Here's your reply
>>
>>13903267
>the 'i don't know how to argue so let me shitpost' starter pack
>>
>>13903172
what drivetrains/powertrain/trim pkg you thinking of getting?
>>
>>13903172
I wouldn't

it's based on the Fiat 500L thing
which is extremely unreliable and badly rated
>>
>>13903304
>it's based on the Fiat 500L thing
No
>>
>>13903304
it's actually based on the 500X, and it reviewed pretty well out of 8 or 9 total competitors in a C&D test
>>
>>13903322
as far as I can tell, it's the same car but 20% smaller

with the same engines, transmissions and made in the same factory in melfi, italy..
>>
>>13903326
In said C&D test, they said that it shared the platform with the 500X, IIRC the L only comes with the 1.4T engine
>>
>>13903260

oh, that's much better.
>>
>>13903358
it actually is the 500L is hideous
>>
I don't quite understand the appeal, frankly. In trailhawk trim where it finally has decent enough clearance, it gets very poor MPG for the size of vehicle that it is, especially in terms of cargo room. It's incredibly heavy for such a small car. In lower end trims, they have crap ground clearance while still lacking interior/cargo space, and still only getting middling fuel economy. Then you have that FCA quality to deal with, the 9 speed has been an unmitigated disaster on the Cherokee.

If you want the lower trim level, just try out a rogue/crv/impreza/escape

If you want the trailhawk, look at an Crosstrek or Forester.
>>
>>13903369
>incredibly heavy
it's only 100 lbs heavier than a PT Cruiser and its has AWD
>crap ground clearance
compared to what?
>lacking interior space
>the Jeep's 55 cu ft out front and 45 out back are more than you'd find in a Benz E class

you literally have no idea what you're talking about

source:
> http://m.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2015-jeep-renegade-latitude-4x4-page-5
>>
>>13903407
>it's only 100 lbs heavier than a PT Cruiser
Why the fuck would you compare a car you are defending to a fucking PT Cruiser? Kek
>>
>>13903416
same dimensions, and it only weighed ~3000 lbs without AWD
>>
File: 1447613896111.jpg (15 KB, 171x278) Image search: [Google]
1447613896111.jpg
15 KB, 171x278
>buying a Chrysler product
>in 20 fucking 15
>>
File: 1409364123692.jpg (30 KB, 719x539) Image search: [Google]
1409364123692.jpg
30 KB, 719x539
>>13903437
>>
File: Fucking_loser.jpg (24 KB, 243x270) Image search: [Google]
Fucking_loser.jpg
24 KB, 243x270
>>13903437
>>13903441
>le FCA a shit maymay faec

fuck off
>>
File: 2015 IQS Rank 1.jpg (140 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
2015 IQS Rank 1.jpg
140 KB, 720x960
>>13903445
You, BTFO
>>
>>13903445
>maymay
Nope, sorry. It's a reality, not a meme.
>>
>>13903407

Look at the obnoxious lower valence on a non-Trailhawk Renagade and get back to me. 6.7 inches, which is the same as a CRV or Rav4 these days. In trailhawk trim it goes to 8.1, less than a basic Forester's or Crosstrek's 8.7.

You know what has more interior room (in cu ft) than a Renegade? A Honda Fit. You know what has a LOT more interior room than a Renegade? A Kia Soul. Said Soul used to have the same ground clearance as a Renegade prior to the '14 refresh as well.

Now let's look at cargo space.

Renegade: 18.5 cu ft seats up, 50.8 seats down
Soul: 24.2 seats up, 61.3 seats down
Forester: 34.4 cu ft seats up, 74.4 seats down

Renegade gets BTFO on about any imaginable metric, and we haven't even addressed the incredibly questionable long term reliability (or even short term, for that matter).

The Cherokee Trailhawk at least makes a case for itself by having some serious skid plates, and a very real locking rear differential that is needed in all of these poorly articulating crossovers. The Renegade has none of this.
>>
>>13903477
>The Cherokee Trailhawk at least makes a case for itself by having some serious skid plates, and a very real locking rear differential that is needed in all of these poorly articulating crossovers. The Renegade has none of this.

>Trailhawk models come standard with Active Drive Low, which includes a 20:1 "crawl ratio." All four-wheel-drive models get the Selec-Terrain system controller with Auto, Snow, Sand, and Mud settings, and the Trailhawk adds a Rock mode. Among other parameters, settings vary wheelslip (almost none in Rock) and start gear (second in Mud mode, for higher speeds to throw mud out of the tire treads and keep the blocks clean).

In addition to the upgraded four-wheel-drive system, Trailhawk models get a 3-millimeter-thick skid plate on the fuel tank, 17-inch wheels with off-road tires, a shorter final-drive ratio (4.33:1, as opposed to 3.73 in the other models), red tow hooks (rated at two times GVW), and unique fascias that offer greater approach and departure angles

>http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-jeep-renegade-first-drive-review-why-not-just-one-eight-wheel-drive-system-page-2
>>
>>13903477
>and a very real locking rear differential that is needed in all of these poorly articulating crossover
Look at this dumbass thinking articulation negates the need for a locker. this is why the KL is better than the XJ.
>>
>>13903477
as for the interior space/quality:

>Front and rear legroom are excellent, and the cabin is airy and spacious." -- Left Lane News
>"Sightlines are quite good, both fore and aft, although the thick D-pillars aren't great for blind spots." -- Autoblog
>"Slide into either the front or rear seats and the Renegade will feel like a much larger vehicle than it actually is. Rear seat legroom for 6-footers is excellent, and those big rear doors open nice and wide. The Renegade is really a convenient vehicle for those who often carry passengers." -- Edmunds
>"Despite its small footprint, the Renegade accommodates taller passengers. The front bucket seats have firm but comfortable cushioning, while the rear bench seat provides decent comfort and legroom." -- Cars.com
>"There's plenty of front and rear headroom, even with the optional My Sky sunroofs. The front seat can be moved far back to accommodate tall drivers, but doing so reduces rear legroom behind it from adequate for adults to skimpy even for kids." -- Consumer Guide

>http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Jeep_Renegade/Interior/
>>
>>13903457
You do realize that the graphs shown are based on 3+ year old vehicles when Chrysler was still producing Cerberus/Daimler AG models right? That means they are from the worst era since the 1970s for Chrysler.

Op go for it. I test drove one when I was looking into a smaller SUV or a car. It was the best of the small SUVs I tried (Subaru Crosstrek, Toyota RAV4, Honda HRV, Chevy Trax, and Ford Escape). It had by far the most comfortable seats and a huge amount of headroom. I was going for the Renegade until I saw a pre owned Wrangler they had for cheap and got it instead.
>>
>>13903492

All those brake-based systems that simulate limited slip diffs are all well and good, but there is a good reason that Jeep engineers insisted on a truly mechanically locking system on the Cherokee Trailhawk. By braking the freely spinning wheel, you are taking whatever percent of torque being sent to the rear axle, and automatically losing a lot of it to the wheel that is being held by the brakes. Depending on the incline, the remaining torque that is left to be send to the wheel that is in contact on the ground may not be adequate to actually turn the wheel and move the vehicle forward.

I will concede that the underside of the Trailhawk renegade seems to be well laid out and protected (not including the vulnerable control arms, but that's an issue on all pseudo-offroading crossovers)

http://toasterjeep.com/index.php?threads/renny-on-the-rack-a-close-up-look-underneath-a-2015-jeep-renegade-trailhawk.329/
>>
>>13903541
which model and powertrain did you test drive?
>>
>>13903509

Subjective opinions vs objective numbers... and again, cargo room is abysmal.
>>
>>13903545
but what do you expect from a compact CUV? for fuck sake we know this thing isn't going crawling, the most action off road it's going to see is driving in a field, on dirt trails through a forest and probably through the desert, if you want serious off roading in a modern jeep you get a Wrangler
>>
If you are dumb enough to convince yourself that this is a good vehicle compared to its competitors, then you deserve to pay to own this piece of shit.
>>
>>13903546
I tried the 1.4 manual and the 2.4 Automatic. I prefered the manual if it was going to be primarily off road as the final drive is higher than the auto. However, the auto with the 2.4 definitely had more ass all over the rev range and the 9 speed was smooth as silk (seems they updated it from when I looked at the Cherokee in 2013). I was settled on the 2.4/Auto combo when I got the Wrangler.
>>
>>13903545
>complaining about the vulnerability of control arms
What?

The traction control systems are better because they work on both axles, not just one. The 'losing torque to a wheel that isn't spinning' thing is nonsense.
>>
>>13903577
And I was looking at a Sport with the manual and check both the Latitude and Trailhawk in an automatic
>>
>>13903503

Look at this dumbass generalizing.

A proper offroader will have excellent articulation, which is then supplemented by a rear locker (or even front locker) in really difficult circumstances. Old range Rover Classics excel offroad due primarily to a very supply-suspended and well articulating front and rear axle with loads of travel. The vast majority of these trucks never had locking diffs.

I have a rear locker in my '96 4Runner so don't get me wrong I don't dismiss them, not at all. But a well designed suspension front and rear with a lot of articulation is just as useful.
>>
>>13903545
You lose a minimal amount of torque from a brake-lock diff you dingus. Torque will follow the path of least resistance on the axle which would be the wheel it can turn, not the one that is locked by the ABS pump.
>>
>>13903587
>Old range Rover Classics excel offroad due primarily to a very supply-suspended and well articulating front and rear axle with loads of travel
No, they don't.
>But a well designed suspension front and rear with a lot of articulation is just as useful.
Not at all.
>>
>>13903597
Just saying "n-no they d-don't" doesn't magically make the truth go away.
>>
>>13903577

You're much better off in an automatic for offroading, without a true low range, even a low-geared 1st gear with that shorter final drive will still leave you smoking the clutch as you try to crawl over stuff. Subaru guys that do some pretty legit offroading realized this limitation a while ago, overseas the 5spds actually do have a low range.
>>
>>13903587
I can have 12" of suspension articulation and it wont mean shit if I can't get traction. That's where a locker comes into play (or aN ELSD)
>>
>>13903603
I realize that. And I will agree and disagree. Automatics are very good for crawling in my mind but the only advantage to me over the manual is you do less work (easing on power in an auto vs easing on throttle with the clutch). I've used both and have had no issues either way. Also just prefer a manual
>>
>>13903586
I was looking at the Latitude or Sport with the turbo and 6 speed, from the reviews they said this is the most desirable configuration with the AWD, especially considering how you can upgrade the engine with 500 Abarth aftermarket parts
>>
>>13903602
Explain the physics behind articulation replacing locking differentials. How DOES the suspension send power to all 4 wheels evenly?
>>
>>13903604

Wow thanks for that enlightened explanation, my eyes are opened.

My point is that for MOST trail use, short of insane rock crawling, people get by with well-articulating axles and when they occasionally encounter a serious obstacle that exceed's the vehicle's wheel travel, then yes limited slip and locking differentials come in to play. If articulation is so un-important, why does the Wranger still have solid rear axles front and rear, suspended on coil springs? Why does Jeep and Toyota offer sway bar disconnecting features from the factory, and why do guys in the aftermarket remove or modify swaybar links? They're obviously wasting their time according to you.
>>
>>13903631

No one's saying it totally replaces locking differentials, we're refuting the point that good articulation isn't an important part of a good off road vehicle.
>>
>>13903643
It's nowhere near as important. It does not help traction, there is little to no weight on the tires.
>>
>>13903172
Drive it and a CX-3. They're the two best options.

See which you like more, and see if you like the Jeep and its cargo volume more than the Mazda's reliability and economy.

The Jeep Renegade seems like it's tied to the best with the Mazda for me, but depends on what you want.
>>
>>13903669

" It does not help traction, there is little to no weight on the tires."

It's obviously still enough to help quite a bit. Less weight does not mean no weight, and it is most certainly enough to still move the vehicle forward in many circumstances. Again, why do you see guys swapping in solid front axles into IFS trucks, installing aftermarket control arms on front ends to increase wheel travel, disconnect sway bars. I guess a huge part of the aftermarket 4x4 industry is wrong, and some guy on /o/ is right? Jesus christ.
>>
File: 1.jpg (684 KB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
684 KB, 3072x1728
>>13903636
I didn't say articulation is unimportant, I own a TJ for christs sake. I'm just saying, at least in my experience, being able to move forward on 3 wheels is better than being stuck with all 4 wheels on the ground. Yes, my wrangler has 2" of lift and 34" tires, but I also replace the rear LSD with an air locker, same on the front. I was not saying that articulation is not important at all, but of slightly less concern to me than traction would be. Pic related, also have a set of Cooper Diacovery M/TRs on D window steelies when I go off the beaten path. The nitto Terragrapplers are for road use
>>
>>13903684
>It's obviously still enough to help quite a bit.
It's not. It's literally the equation for traction and you are reducing part of it.
>Less weight does not mean no weight
Low to no weight is low to no weight. The wheels that have traction are still the ones not spinning.
>Again, why do you see guys swapping in solid front axles into IFS trucks
Idiocy? Trying to fit monster lifts and tires? Beats me, I'd never do it.

You need some amount of suspension flexibility to aid in stability and thus driver confidence, but it doesn't really do much, if anything, for traction.
>>
>>13903369
> it gets very poor MPG for the size of vehicle that it is, especially in terms of cargo room

It actually has decent MPG/cargo-volume.
50.8 cubic feet with just the rear seats down (doesn't the passenger seat fold flat too?)
24/31 mpg.

The other compact CUVs have considerably lower cargo volume. I think the Jeep Renegade's passenger seat even folds flat which few do.

So sure, it's on the lower end of MPG among them, but it's the best cargo volume. Depends what you want.
>>
>>13903718
>It's not. It's literally the equation for traction and you are reducing part of it.

How do you define "it's not," you're saying that every time you see a 4wd truck articulating over an obstacle off road but not losing contact with the ground, that the vehicle should just stop dead in its tracks. If it's really close to getting crossed up, and the normal force on that given wheel has almost reached zero then sure, you might just sit there spinning. But if that axle is articulating well and suppose you still have about 50% of the normal force that you'd see when the vehicle is sitting level, that might very well be enough torque transferred both to the wheel that is unloaded, along with the wheel that is loaded (hey look, a HIGHER than usual normal force, ie more total torque that can be applied before traction is lost).

You're trying to 'out-math' me, it isn't going to work. Again, the real world has shown that having good articulation and making efforts to increase it on an offroad vehicle is a worthwhile pursuit, that's the ultimate empirical evidence, that you can't refute as merely anecdotal.

To reiterate, I fully appreciate the benefit of a locking rear differential.

This might be helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HOa0aRZYpw
>>
>>13903777

Do you consider the Forester/CRV/Rav4 to be compact CUVs or something else? Because all of them have significantly more cargo space with seats both folded and up. Now if we're only comparing against the likes of the Encore, Trax, CX3, then you have a point. Personally, I refer to those as subcompact CUVs.
>>
>>13903793
those are not Compact CUVs, they are just standard CUVs, they are bigger in overall dimensions both externally and interior wise, the Renegade, Trax, CX3 are all Compact CUV, or sub-compact if you consider something like the Forester and CX5 to be Compact CUVs
>>
>>13903457
Kek Mazdas are all the same car and have the same reliability.
>>
>>13903793
Forester, CRV, Rav4, Rogue, Cherokee, CX-5 are midsize CUVs, no? Or are they compact and the HR-V, Juke, Renegade, CX-3 are subcompacts?

Either way, those are the groupings.
>>
>>13903848

I think for most people, "midsize" is Highlander, Explorer, CX9; Pathfinder, Pilot. Since those are the nameplates people always associated with "Midsize SUV." compact is Rav4/Rogue/CX5/Cherokee/Escape/Forester, these all share platforms with their respective car makers' compact sedan platforms (Civic, Corolla, Impreza, Dart); subcompact is Trax, HRV, Renegade, CX3, Juke, etc. These are based on manufacturer's subcompacts (Sonic Fit, etc). Large crossover seems to be reserved for the huge Traverse/Enclave GM Lambda bodies.
>>
>>13903172
at least it was your choice and your parents aren't keking your decision.
>>
>>13903837
No need to change if they all good
>>
Holy shit, had no idea this thread would still be up.

I decided not to go with buying it today... After 4.5 hours at the dealer.

I ended up looking at the Trailhawk since the monthly payments weren't that much different and my insurance was going to be a bit lower because of safety features.

They got the price of the car down to $28k. I walked in hoping to pay $350/month either way.
>financing
I was able to afford a $6000 down payment but they told me I'd have to get to $13k to get to the payments I wanted.
>lease to purchase
This looked like the best deal. I manager to get them down to $389/month for 3 years (15k miles/year max) and a residual $14,515 which I would the refinance at $270/month for a few more years.

It just seemed like they were ripping me off and not giving me a good deal. This was actually my second time back.

>>13903287
2.4l automatic 4x4
>>
>>13904792
What's the tax rate for your state? What is the doc and title fees? What was the interest rate you got? All these contribute. Hell, 22k financed before interest would be around 305/mo before interest, taxes, or fees.
>>
>>13904792
Walk.
>>
>>13903369
>heavy
>3,044 lbs
Are you a moron?
>>
To everyone recommending the Mazda, Toyota, or Subaru, my interest in the Jeep came from its off road capability. I want something that can get me thru a winter snowstorm if need be. I don't think my 06' Focus will make it.

Only other things I looked at was
> a Nissan xterra but the price for a 2012 was about the price of a 2015 Jeep, plus the MOGs weren't much more than my current car.
>subaru xv crosstrek but the ground clearence was not much more than my current car and it's expensive.

Any other recommendations?

>>13904837
NYS - sales tax is 8.625
Interest rate on the financing would've been 6-7%, leasing would've been 0.79% + 2-4% refinancing the residual.
>>
>>13904907
At 6.99% interest for 72mos and a total financed amount (including taxes, tag, fees)of 31415, you payment is 535 with 0 down. You would need 11000 down to hit 350/mo man. That's how simple interest loans work. 6000 down would put you about 420-450/mo.
>>
>>13904907
HOLY SHIT 6-7% financing? RUN AWAY NOW. The average is less than 3%. You done goofed OP
>>
>>13904907

>7% financing
>NY

oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>13904940
The average is NOT less than 3% dipshit. The current prime rate is 1.97%. Prime as in you need an 800 to qualify. 6-7% is normal once you are in the mid to late 600s. 700s can usually get 2.99-5%.
>>
>>13904931
>>13904940
>>13904970
I agree, the financing is shit. That being said, is the lease + buyout a bad idea too? Payments would be more manageable and it'd help my credit score.
>>
>>13904992
>thinks most people buying new cars from a dealer have a 600 credit score
toppest kek m8, you must be 18
>>
>>13904999
Lease is ALWAYS a bad idea. period. That's why dealers push it so hard. They get more money.
>>
>>13904992
Yeah, that makes sense. I thought my score was like 721 but they said I had a collection agency on me bringing my score to 679.

Turns out I've had a late library book for over a year.
>>
>>13904999

Let's just say that more than the financing was shit
>>
>>13904999
Depends. If you can keep it in good shape and stay under the mileage limit, it is beneficial. And with that money factor (residual rate) of 50%, you could end up above market (jeeps, except the ComPatriots, average 68.3% held on a 15k/yr over 3 years).

I'd say go for it at that residual. You will be fine, fuck the poorfags here that heard about leases from 1980s movies. You CAN buy the car after 3 years, drop the keys and walk (with a small reconciliation fee), or use the equity in it to jump up 3 model years and get more equipment if you want.
>>
>>13905019
They lied to you. They would not know what it "would" be. If there is a collection, it is what it is. There aren't 2 scores. Are you a moron or a child? Sign up a credit karma FOR FREE 100% and check your own shit faggot.
>>
>>13905006
No faggot I work at a franchise dealer in a larger Metro area. And if you think over half isn't badpay (subprime or worse) you are delusional and do not know what you are talking about.
>>
>>13905035
hahahahahahahahahaha
>pay almost sale value to RENT a car
This guy is smart! Don't listen to this faggot OP. He's dumb as fuck. You are paying to RENT a car, and you better pray it doesn't get ANY dent's, scratches,or too high of mileage or you will be doulbe fucked. Only an absolute MORON justifies RENTING a fucking car for daily driving.
>>
>>13905019
That score was from last time I ran my credit report. Idk, it doesn't add up. The late books were from at least a year ago but I checked my score within the last 2-4 months.
>>
>>13905038
Creditkarma displays a vantage score and single line inquiry. A FICO is different anon, read something on it. You actually can have different scores from each major bureau as well.
>>
>>13905055

You fucking leased a car. It's a good thing the only thing people know about Long Island is that it's a backdrop for rich people in media and that's it. If they knew people like you lived here, we'd all be worse off

t. long islander
>>
File: 20150414_124013.jpg (551 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
20150414_124013.jpg
551 KB, 1600x1200
just dont get it in a boring color

its one of the few cars ive ever seen that looks like shit in black
>>
>>13905056
No fucking shit. But it wont be off my 100+ points. Credit Karma might read 675 but my fico will EASILY be within 10% of that. ALSO, it tells WHOM you owe the money too and how much so you can check it yourself. It's a tool, not the end all be all of credit.
>>
>>13905054
Have you even read the rules and restrictions on a modern lease? Stop spewing bullshit at people and maybe you will learn something.

In a MODERN lease, you CAN continue your payment plan to buy the car after the 3 year contract is up. It can transition into a standard sale like you had signed up on a 72 month PURCHASE (non lease). In the OPs case, he qualifies for a better rate on a lease than a buy. That's purely comparing Chrysler Capital vs whatever bank they got him 6-7% through. And I will say, leasing is not for everyone, but there are people that work the lease system to an advantage. People who do it with Wranglers are robbing the shop as the residuals are about 50% in 3 years but they hold 70-78% over 3 years thus giving 20% equity over what you paid during the lease. I wish I could call and explain it by voice as typing takes a while.
>>
>>13903636
>one wheel on rock
>one wheel on slick mud

glad i have all this articulation now

Youve never gotten into a situation where one tire on each axle is spinning?
>>
>>13905074
Pic related was the color I was looking at.
>>
>>13905095
id almost say it needs something else, like red roof rack, or some red pinstriping around the hood decal.

Are you planning on doing anything to it once you get it?
>>
>>13905112
It does have a few red accents. The tow hooks and I believe the wheels.
I'm not doing shit to it while it's leased.

After I'm done paying it off I'd probably start loading my radios into it. Have a HAM, CB, and scanner radio in my current car + roof-mounted antennas.

Oh, you meant mechanical upgrades? Maybe a MagnaFlow exhaust system and an extra 2" lift.
>>
>>13905128
It would look good with some redletter general grabbers too
>>
>>13903172
my condolences
>>
>>13904907
>my interest in the Jeep came from its off road capability. I want something that can get me thru a winter snowstorm if need be. I don't think my 06' Focus will make it.
Oh stop. You need winter tires.
>>
>>13905128
>roof-mounted antennas.
No.
>>13905188
Red letter Grabbers are shit, just like the rest of the Grabbers.
>>
File: Tommy-Lee-Jones.jpg (763 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
Tommy-Lee-Jones.jpg
763 KB, 1280x850
>>13904907
>To everyone recommending the Mazda, Toyota, or Subaru, my interest in the Jeep came from its off road capability. I want something that can get me thru a winter snowstorm if need be.
>>
>>13903267
its a much different vehicle anon. its way smaller and gets better mileage (i imagine)
>>
>>13905094

Jesus Christ did I say a locking diff wasn't important? No, I was setting the other guy straight that was saying articulation didn't matter.
>>
>>13905238
It doesn't matter for traction tho
>>
>>13903407

The trailhawk weighs 3600lb. About as much as an old grand Cherokee with a lot more interior room, a bigger engine, and two solid axles. A subcompact cuv that weighs as much as a capable midsize suv, just let that sink in.
>>
>>13905463
>About as much as an old grand Cherokee
Uh, no. WJs are well over 4,000lbs and ZJs are over 4k, too.
>>
>>13905128
You can't lift it.
>>
>>13905243
Well it does insofar as the car being better able to get more wheels on uneven pavement, rather than teetering around and relying on said differential blocking. Of course, there's a practical limit to how much articulation one can have, and how much it can help. Ever see one of the TFLcar videos where they take a typical crossover down some milder trails? Those cars hang out wheels diagonally over laughably small undulations in terrain, forcing the traction control system into action. Now, a good system will react adequately and quickly, but it'd be even better if you could just roll through there without losing contact with the ground without a car in the world, wouldn't it?
>>
>>13905503
Says who?
>>
>>13905222

Yeah that caught my attention as well. Guy sounds like a soccer mom, no offense.
>>
>>13905495

Google ZJ curb weight: "3,614 to 3,790 lbs"
>>
>>13905519

Says the fwd car underpinnings. KL Cherokee suffers the same fate. Subframe lifts might be something to look into, but it gets expensive quick.
>>
>>13905540
For the 4.0, maybe. A V8 ZJ 4WD was just over 4k when I weighed it.
>>
>>13905549
>Says the fwd car underpinnings.
No. You can lift it.
>>
>>13905519

you can install sway bars and maybe space up the suspension, but it'd seriously compromise driving dynamics.

iirc daystar makes a "kit" that is some pucks and tie rod ends but good luck with that
>>
>>13905571
>iirc daystar makes a "kit" that is some pucks and tie rod ends but good luck with that
so spacers like most jeepfags use to lift shit anyway?
>>
>>13905585
basically. i know all the trouble companies were having for the KL (cherokees) trying to fabricate lifts and such, so i'd imagine the renegade wan't easy either

OP just so you know, i leased someone a trailhawk earlier today.

>$28875 sticker
>cold weather group, popular equipment group, keyless entry/go, remote start

with $2500 down, they got it for $279/mo
>>
File: front7_zps0c4bf0a5.jpg (148 KB, 778x583) Image search: [Google]
front7_zps0c4bf0a5.jpg
148 KB, 778x583
>>13905585
Hey

It's not just Jeepfags, its everyone that lifts. Most people start with pucks and shackles.
>>
>>13905627
>i know all the trouble companies were having for the KL (cherokees) trying to fabricate lifts and such
I guess all the aftermarket companies that make parts for Jeeps are idiots because people have been lifting cars with multi-link rear and double wishbone front suspension systems for decades, now.
>>
>>13904792
Stop bargaining over monthly payment, dumbass. You end up paying more.

You bargain for the price of the car and total price after interest. Sounds like you were going to have a 6 year loan at 6%+ interest on what's basically an econobox. That's dumb.

Good thing you walked away from that even if it was for stupid reasons.

If you can't afford a 3-4 year loan, and you can't get interest lower than 3% on a loan that's more than $10k, don't fucking do it.
Don't fucking do it.
You can't afford it.
Don't fuck yourself over financially for 6 years of your life.
>>
>>13904999
Lease is terrible ass idea.

Jeep dealers are scumbags and are going to fuck you over. They'll say you have a great buyout option in 2 years, but they're going to come up with all sorts of BS to steal the car from you and you instead waste $10,000 on nothing except renting a car for 2 years.

Waiting 2 years and buying one used is the best deal. And it seems like it's all you can afford given that 6-7% interest rate and only having 6k to put down, and thinking a 6 year loan was a good idea.

Get a 2k-4k used car for now or just keep buying $500 beaters and running them into the ground until you have good enough credit and at least 10-15k to put down.
>>
>>13905019
>>13905038
Seconding this.

Credit Karma is a good service.

721 is not a good score unless you're under 20. It's average. How old are you?

And even if you have near 850 like I had when I was 25, you still won't get prime interest unless you've have a record of good loans.

I know you want a nice new car, but you can't afford it. Spend 2-3 years fixing your credit. Credit Karma will help with that. Then you can buy a new car without screwing yourself over.
>>
>>13905762
>tfw credit score just peaked 720
I feel like it's good but I did dig it out of a huge hole.
>>
>>13905779
I did the same. Went from a 783 to a 410 (lol Nelnet a shit never got a loan acquisition letter or a bill) and I'm at a 751 again after 1.5 years. I did pay my student loans down/off from 20k to 4k in one fell swoop, bought a car, and a house though.
>>
>>13905534
More like a boomer who thinks whatever light duty 4WD system that "Jeep" has will be in any way comparable to a Subaru.
>>
File: colonel_klink.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
colonel_klink.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>>13905571
>but it'd seriously compromise driving dynamics.

...so exactly the same effect as lifting any other suspension?
>>
>>13905835
My next big purchase will be a house. Wondering how they will look at my application since I've never financed a car or anything worth much.

How'd you make out interest wise on the house?
>>
>>13903172
God damn that thing is a kek mobile.
>>
>>13903172
Gonna be completely honest here with you, driving that is like fucking a fat chick: a really fun ride but your friends will laugh at you.
>>
>>13905534
>>13905858
I'm 23
>>
File: c43.jpg (38 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
c43.jpg
38 KB, 450x450
>>13905993
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>13905993
>friends
>>
>>13905993
>Caring what people think of what you drive
Clearly not on /o/ where all the teenage boys drive Miatas
>>
File: Qc7Ty.gif (886 KB, 175x144) Image search: [Google]
Qc7Ty.gif
886 KB, 175x144
>>13905993
>friends

sometimes I forget how much of a normie board this shithole is, but more importantly pic related
>>
File: teehee.jpg (171 KB, 692x720) Image search: [Google]
teehee.jpg
171 KB, 692x720
>>13906046
you got me there
>>
>>13905870
3.982%
>>
>>13903172
Pops and grandpops worked for Chrysler.
They're called Damnliar Chrysler for a reason

Also
>luxury minivan.

>infotainment connected to ECU
>>
>>13903172
buy a 10 year old civic, put new tires on it and then buy 50 nuggets.

this is literally an infinitely better investment than the FCA panda.
>>
>>13904907
>post 2003 Jeep
>offroad
You do not know what it be, friend
>>
>>13904907
>jew york
>paying 7% interest
>paying 8.625 sales tax on car
>thinking a focus won't handle snow
I bet you don't even have guns. You are the worst of the /ok/ corral
>>
>>13906789
kek he prolly lives on long island, faggot.
>>
I deal with a local enterprise branch that has a few, have heard nothing but bad reviews from those that have rented it.

Have fun.
>>
>>13907035
yeah? and what engine do they rent out the most for them? is it the 2.4 auto? no wonder it gets bad reviews
>>
File: worry.png (32 KB, 177x91) Image search: [Google]
worry.png
32 KB, 177x91
>>
>>13907192
You can bet Chrysler could fuck up a manual transmission (they're fiat after all)
>>
>>13907224
that's not what Car and Driver thought about it, as a matter of fact no publication out there gas said anything negative about the shifter, they complimented it as much as the steering rack and interior finish and feel
>>
>>13907192
It's a shit car anon
>>
>>13907247
but it's really not, its actually quite good for its segment
>>
>>13907252
That says more about the segment and its competitors than the car itself.
>>
I deal w/ a lot of body shops and a lot of cars/clients. It's a shit car, no one ever has anything good to say about it.
>>
>>13907258
how is it a shitty segment exactly?

>>13907266
I deal with a lot of guys that fucked your mom and they don't have anything good to say about her either
>>
>>13907280
If it's competing with shit cars it can get away with being slightly les shit. Doesn't mean it's not shit, it just means the other options are even worse.
>>
>>13907245
Hate to say this anon but sample products from factories are watched from the start to finish of assembly.
This was even true when Damnliar owned Chrysler.
Jeep is not what it once was. Mom bought a brand new Liberty and it shit out in two months. Then she bought the rental GMC the dealership gave her and it lasted so much longer.
>>
>>13907280
Don't be so mad anon, buy the fucking thing if you want, we'll be here to say "told you so" when you discover it's underwhelming abilities.
>>
>>13906789
Own 9 rifles and 1 shotgun
>I replied

>>13906836
>Implying long Island is any better or worse than the whole of jew York
>>
>>13903172
There was this one dude on the cars reddit that bought one and got fucked over. I forget his username but basically every post he makes is about how shit his Renegade is and how he wishes he never got it.
>>
>>13903358

I mean if I had to drive either the 500L or the 500X for the rest of my life I'd walk.
>>
File: nigga.jpg (18 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
nigga.jpg
18 KB, 460x288
>>13907400
>Own 9 rifles and 1 shotgun
For now.
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.