[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hurr My 93 explorer is kicking the bucket, and i need something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 800x600
Hurr

My 93 explorer is kicking the bucket, and i need something cheap with 4x4. As winter is coming, the used market is dry.

How are 90s cherokees? there are a few avaliable in my area.
>>
Snow tires >>>>> 4x4 but if you have to deal with a lot of snow and in plowed roads truck height is worth it I guess.
>>
the 4.0s are great
>>
I always use studded winter tyres, 4x4 or not.

Are they possible to work on? My explorer have miles and miles of vacuum hoses, wires and resistors.
>>
How are cherokees in the snow

Are you fucking kidding me.

Ditch the sploder and pick up ome with a 4.0 and a stick if you can find it
>>
File: 20151010_175709-1.jpg (3 MB, 3663x1365) Image search: [Google]
20151010_175709-1.jpg
3 MB, 3663x1365
I wish my 4.0 was a stick
>>
>>13901500
that whole picture just screams poverty and white trash
>>
File: 1445307218978.jpg (33 KB, 297x288) Image search: [Google]
1445307218978.jpg
33 KB, 297x288
>>13901493

>YFW a sploder can be a 4.0 and a stick.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 640x1136
>tfw daily a 98 XJ
maximum comfy
>>
>>13901549
All jeeps do
>>
>>13901500
you took this picture at the wal mart in marysville, huh?
>>
>>13901814
Wtf?? I live in marysville and go to that Walmart all the time. Is that really it? How'd you notice that so fast haha. Not that poster either. Wonder if I know you
>>
>>13898709
Very possible. Only pains are, if auto, the NSS which you should be able to do with no to minimal raising of the vehicle, such as ramps, and the alternator which is in a bit of a bitch of a position.

also, make sure you have a 14mm socket. Lotsa bolts on it with that size. Also it's filled with both SAE and Metric.
>>
File: meirl.jpg (4 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
meirl.jpg
4 KB, 229x220
>>13901500
>>13901493

>mfw I have two XJ's, both manual trans.
>>
>>13901814
>>13902039
Yep, I live in granite falls, didn't think anyone would recognize the location lol
>>
File: 4RunnerSnow.jpg (177 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
4RunnerSnow.jpg
177 KB, 2048x1536
Now, I don't want to sound like one of those snow tire evangelists, but for MOST winter driving (ie slick slushy roads) a heavier FWD sedan with snow tires will be absolutely fantastic. If you're dealing with deeper snow and unplowed roads regularly then sure the SUV starts to make sense. But in my experience, especially for higher speed highway driving, a bouncy SUV that gets blown around by wind and doesn't have as good of steering feel is actually more work to drive on a slick highway than a FWD sedan. I have a '96 4Runner that I run snow tires on and it is excellent at lower speeds but still can be a handful going over expansion joints and such. The stiffly sprung truck gets more unsettled, or is thrown off course by a gust of wind. With all seasons on the 4Runner, I'd rather drive my gf's Camry on all seasons under those circumstances. Now, in deeper snow or when I take it up unmaintained forest access roads in the winter, of course it's a different story.

Long story short, an XJ is certainly a good vehicle and would excel in deep snow with decent tires. But you might be able to save yourself some money and get a plain jane sedan in better condition and put snow tires on it, that will serve you better (depending on where your driving takes you).
>>
>>13898600
They're awful and you don't need 4WD for the snow.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.