[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mercedes Benz GLA 200 CDI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
Just bought it, what do you think of it?
>>
It doesn't matter what the people here think as long as you like it.
I wouldn't personally have bought a diesel, or a new car, or a crossover.
>>
I was behind one at the stop lights; fully kitted out with the double chrome exhausts...

Nearly jizzed in my pants. Good buy if you have the money to buy one outright; if you are financing it with base level equipment then go crash into a wall at 200 km/h...
>>
>>13897886
So many great cars with a 3 pointed star.

And you bought that one.
>>
>>13897886
meh, bretty gud i guess
out of all the povo-mercs the GLA is probably the best
>>
>>13897886
>GLA
Enjoy being viewed as a poorfag by the rest of us Mercedes owners. That goes for any C series owners too.

Honestly, why didn't you just go all out on a nice Japanese car? I know the attitude comes off very dick-ish but every time I see someone in a base Benz that's what I think.
>>
>>13897886
Are you a newly middle class 35 year old Mexican woman?

Demographic mockery aside, it's a good car for it's segment. Hope you enjoy it.
>>
>>13898089
I really don't understand the pretentiousness surrounding Mercedes. They're upper tier vehicles are glorious but that doesn't mean their cheaper cars are bad. The GLA is freaking awesome for a small crossover. It can actually go off road unlike the CR-V, RAV4 or Escape and is solid and insulated at highway speed. I honestly cannot think of bad Mercedes vehicle currently in production except for maybe that wretched GLE coupe, but that's really only bad due to it's styling. The S-Class is the pinnacle of it's segment, the C-Class has managed to end up a better driver than the 3 series and the new E-Class which launches soon is set to be pretty fucking dynamic as well. They're really only lacking in their SUV segment and even then they're still not bad, just average.
>>
>>13897886
I would be genuinely interested to drive one of these back to back with whatever the non-premiun marques offer for the same money; well- specced Camry or some shit. I have a strong suspicion that when you look past the branding and crossover pretensions, they don't actually offer anything more than the cheaper subcompacts, and you could get far better A-B transportation for the money.

However, I never have, so that's all just conjecture.
>>
I would've gotten the little Mazda crossover instead but to each his own, it's a cute in a good way looking car saw one just today
>>
>>13898089
are you trying to make merc owners sound like dickheads?
>>
>>13898469

For the price you can get more. You're buying the car for the badge to be admired by others, while to anyone even SLIGHTLY knowledgeable of cars you look like a nigger.
>>
>>13898469
>Spend $125,000 on a car
>Wonder why there's a feeling of pretentiousness.

E-Series is nice, and I own an S class. You're right in stating that Mercedes SUV department is lacking but that's because most SUV drivers are m'urican.

I just don't see the benefits of spending $35K on a base model Mercedes C class when you can get a fully loaded Honda Accord V6 for the exact same price. The main reason to opt for a Mercedes of a debatably more dependable Japanese vehicle for the same price is badge + status.

I was giving the GLA for a loaner car while they serviced my S class. It is not a nice vehicle.
>>
>>13898688
Are you telling me Mercedes owners don't buy the car for the image (I'm talking about stateside only).

See my post here: >>13898707
For a better explanation. I'm not trying to sound like a dick but there literally no reason to buy an entry level Luxury vehicle when there are objectively better cars out there that are significantly cheaper.

Sure you might drop some hoodrat panties in a C series but if it's for business you'll just look like a wannabe.

See this anon gets it: >>13898692
>>
>>13898089
This guy probably bought an E class used and is acting like tough shit.

I don't like most euro suvs, but good for you that you can afford a nice new car, enjoy it!
>>
>>13898707
Bread on hood
>>
>>13898707
Because a fully loaded Accord = a base Mercedes
>>
>>13898736
Posted it like 3 times.

https://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/13763599/#q13765175

>>13898741
I respect someone who buys a fully loaded Honda Accord V6 over anyone driving a C250. At least they're smart with their money.

Buying a $35K dollar money pit is bad business.
>>
>>13898773
>Buying a $35K dollar money pit is bad business.

Ever heard of nigger rich?
>>
>>13898692
>>13898707

A C-Class is more fun to drive, more refined, more fuel efficient and has a far nicer interior than a comparable Honda Accord.

I don't understand you people. Perhaps it's different because I'm in Mexico and base Mercedes are cheap due to domestic manufacturing cheats, but the bonus of being RWD and having an ultra comfy interior, makes a huge difference. For a 560,000 pesos or about 31,000 Euros you get a C200 which can be upgraded via tune to C250 spec for about 400 Euros. That comes with a high quality interior, safety sensors, navigation, leather, wood, and a premium sound system. That's much better than a front wheel drive Accord in my opinion. You'd pay about only about 5,000 Euros less the same for a comparably equipped Accord here but it would never be as fun to drive. You can also get a C180 here for about 450,000 pesos. And all of these prices can be reduced by 20% if you're willing to pay the dealer in cash up front.
>>
>>13899254
>Mexico

Build wall
>>
>>13900359
I'll help build a wall to isolate my part of Mexico from the rest of Mexico, but no border wall plz. The US is where we send our human garbage. We can't just dump them into the ocean, that'd be bad for the environment.
>>
>>13897886
Is a cheap Merc SUV, what do you want me to say?
>>
>>13898707

Not everybody is from /o/ and thinks that liking hondas and other japanese cars makes them better people.

Honda accords are a piece of shit of a car and anyone that buys one over a mercedes is a retard.
>>
>>13902502
tough deal with your own shitty people. dont be like cuba
>>
>>13897886
are you a milf?
>>
>>13897886
You know you're killing the car market by supporting this crossover trend
>>
>>13902754
It's not even an SUV it's a fucking crossover.

It's got the same fucking footprint as those new Subaru Crosstrek's, and they're just a lifted impreza wagon.
>>
>>13902826
The kind of people who buy crossovers are the kind of people who treat their cars like any appliance in their lives, like a fridge.

There's a lot more people out there like that then there are people who want fun and interesting cars.
>>
>>13902892
People buy crossovers because of marketing spin and snakeoil salesmen. They are born from designers, not engineers.

It's no better than inbreeding a dog until its head is so small it's eyeballs can no longer fit into its head but bimbo's think it's cute and goes well with all of their other accessories.
>>
>>13902798
I'm just comparing it to a car that's cheaper but will come with more options.

Seriously, there is no reason to opt for the C series or entry level Luxury cars when you can get more bang for your buck elsewhere.
>>
File: GLA250-Tailgate-Height.jpg (559 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
GLA250-Tailgate-Height.jpg
559 KB, 1600x1200
I got one as a loaner for a day while they services my 2015 C300. I have to say as someone who is 6'5" I could never drive that car, it's way too small. In person it looks like a dressed up hatchback catering to murrcans who want MUH CROSSOVER, which is good I guess because it might pave the way for the A-class coming to america. But if you're a woman or 5'8" enjoy I guess.
>>
>>13903114
>>13902798
> Seriously, I have no reason to opt for the C series or entry level Luxury cars when I can get more bang for my buck elsewhere.

Fixed that for you, since you were confusing your own preference with a universal truth others must follow. Some people just want to drive a Mercedes-Benz and not a Honda Accord.
>>
>>13903994
Ask anybody who owns a Benz, BMW, or Audi what they thing of the C lass, 3 series, or A2 respectively.

Everyone who owns at least an E class, 6 Series or A6 will tell you it's just poorfags trying to join the club
>>
>>13904237
What if you're buying the car because you like the car, and couldn't give less of a toss what other owners think?
>>
>>13904244
THen you wouldn't post on /o/ :^)
>>
>>13904244
More power to you, some people buy Fiat 500's and PT cruisers. Obviously they don't give a fuck what anyone thinks. But OP opened himself up when he asked what we thought. And I answered honestly. Even asked a few of my friends what they thought of it. They responded the same way.
>>
>>13904237
I know plenty of people who own S classes and 7 series, and they are thrilled that someone else is loving their Mercedes / BMW and enthusiastic about the brand, and hope they too will be able to afford an S class should they want one in future years. And I am willing to go out on a limb and bet that S class bro >>13898707 has a similar attitude.

The putting other people down part "hurr durr not good enough" is just your zero sum game mentality leaking out onto your keyboard.
>>
>>13904237

So if you own any of those brands you can give people shit for owning a C class?

A1? A3? 3118i? Entry level A4?

Your argument is nonsense. Most people buy a certain model car because they like how it looks/drives etc

Nobody thinking of buying a mercedes C250 for example would think "hmmm i could get more stuff on a honda accord for the same price"
>>
File: Untitled.png (1021 KB, 1280x782) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1021 KB, 1280x782
My mother has one as her leasing car from her company. And there are 2 things that really bother me about this car: the small windows and pic related: the door doesnt align well with the dashboard
>>
I own a Honda Civic as my daily drive to work,
A BMW X5 for grocery/heavy duty shit
and a Mercedes SL63 to remind me that life is good.

Fuck the crossovers and fuck the CLA series. They're cheap and you know they're cheap.
>>
>>13904776
S Class bro here, you're right with your assumption. I'm happy that new blood is joining the club. It will always be a Merc vs BMW to me anyways.

I just question the fiscal responsibility of purchasing a C class instead of a Japanese car that will last much longer at that price point. The $30K - $45K price point is saturated with so many better options than what Mercedes can offer you.

Most people I know get a cheap car whenever they get their first adult job instead of running out and buying a lower end luxury car. I know that's what I did. My first car was a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee and this was in 2004. But more power to you if you want a C class.

Tbqh if it were up to me nowadays I would want a 5.7L Charger at that price point. Would drop more panties than a C class and would have that vroom
>>
>>13905248
This anon gets it. I use my S class for business only. It changes the playing field rolling up in an S class since most people take you more seriously based on that car along.

But if you catch me out and about I'm in the Tesla or E class as my DD.

SL bro. What do you think of the new Escalade?
>>
>>13904237
That's fucking retarded. I'm sorry you surround yourself which such pretentious badgewhores. My entire family and most of our friends drive BMWs and Mercedes ranging from a C250 to a 750Li and no one looks down on anyone for not having a specific vehicle. It seems like you and a lot of other status conscious people just see them as a luxury accessory or something to use in a socio-economic dick measuring competition. Small Mercedes are still pretty awesome. Where else can you get a small well built comfy RWD sedan that gets good fuel economy while being zippy and reliable? The only other options are from BMW or maybe Cadillac but neither are as reliable and the Cadillac has lousy rear space.
>>
>>13904237
What are you, 12? Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>13905271
my first car was a manual jetta when I was making 30k, now It's the new C class and im making 6 figures. So for me it's actually the cheaper option, rather than get an E class or an SLK :) also the main reason I have one is because I'm german and my dad drove a mercedes and I miss him.
>>
>>13905798
>miss my dad
( ;_;) right in the feels anon.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.