[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daddy bought the car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: gift.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gift.jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
>tfw... None of my friends had to work for anything. Parents bought them brand new cars.

My dad bought a piece of shit '94 Civic off a neighbor for me to get around town. I don't own it, he just lets me drive it. How do I stop envying my friends who have parents that spoil them?
>>
>>13897734
Just stop being a bitch and be glad you have anything at all
>>
Example: This chick I hang out with was complaining to me that her parents got her a Toyota instead of the Audi she wanted.
>>
work a job and pay for your own shit
>>
>>13897750
I do. That's what I'm complaining about. My friends don't have to work for shit.
>>
>>13897734
>None of my friends had to work for anything
>My dad bought

Fuck you being salty, learn from the experience and work for your own sweet ass ride.
>>
>>13897761
Did you not read that it's not mine? I don't own the car.
>>
Ask mom. Worked for me.
>>
I'm in your shoes, or I was. Still am though a bit though mostly now it's a bit of envious of all these people I know who had their parents pay for their car and college while I'm sitting here paying my student loans and paid for my vehicles myself.

However now that I'm in a good job, most of those people are still looking for a job either because they have shit work experience, poor work ethic, or picked stupid degrees because they weren't thinking practically. My degree wasn't the best either but it was a hell of a lot better than "Art, Sociology, Music, History, Park and Recreation Management" and etc.

Now slowly even most of those parents will start to expect to not have to support their kids anymore and people like you and I will be used to the real world and many of them will struggle and fail. Then many will also be fine but those are also usually the ones that drown themselves in debt all their lives as well due to never developing a sense of being responsible with money.
>>
>>13897734
IKTF. One of my best mates' parents first bought him a brand new Polo, then he sold that and they got him a £30,000 VW Kombi, and he has free access to their 2013 Freelander too. Nother dude's running an SLK AMG at 20.

I, meanwhile, only recently stopped driving a £600 Rover.
>>
>>13897768
So what? He still bought you a car to drive.
>>
>>13897789
I think a MacBook Pro is more expensive than this Civic...
>>
>>13897768
Yes I did read it, my quote sucked but what I meant reads there:
>work for YOUR OWN sweet ass ride

You might never afford the same shit they have but their shit ain't theirs, ever. Having rich friends sucks when you're younger but when their boat money kicks in around 25 it's awesome though.
>>
>Friends are better off
>OMFGG THERE SO SPOILED WTF >X((((((((((

OP fuck off and be a jealous faggot somewhere else
>>
ITT: jealous poorfags that feel the need to rage at people better off than them

If you were offered a new car you'd take it in a heartbeat, drop the BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD TO WALK 50 MILES UPHILL THROUGH THE RIVER STYX shit.
>>
>>13897792
He bought you a car.
>>
File: 48566139.jpg (167 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
48566139.jpg
167 KB, 1024x768
I grew up poor. Parents could never afford anything luxurious. Couldn't go out to even get fast food a lot, or a bag of chips down the store, etc. I always had older video games, older tech, etc.

Fast forward to high school in 09, I started my first part time job and was dating this cute chick who was massively spoiled. It was weird to see this. I pulled enough money to get me a 1991 Toyota Camry, pic related. One of the absolute best cars I have ever driven. Had 145K miles on it but I got it for dirt cheap. Was such a fun ride.

Her parents bought her a fucking Hummer. An H2.

Now, I actually travel the US due to business, get my Rental Cars paid for, and now have enough Rewards points with Hertz for multiple free days (hoping to heck they soon get the 2015 MX-5 in so I can drive that).

In the end OP, you work for things yourself, don't stress, work hard, and you will in time find yourself well. You will find that you value things you have much more than if they were gifted to you. That girl probably doesn't care if she crashed that car -- she didn't pay a penny for it.
>>
>>13897777
You can do things with a history degree, to be fair - it's still a humanity, but it's about the most solid humanity you can get. The right work experience and extracurricular stuff combined with good grades will get you into a decent managerial job.
>>
>>13897805
Not really. Buying me a car would mean that I own it. I'm just using his car.
>>
>>13897734
Just remember. All the cunts that get cars this way are undeserving morons who can't drive worth a shit, and will run the cars into the ground.
Lots of them are leased anyway.
>>
Be better than them and work for your own car that you want. Don't be jealous, their parents wouldnt let them buy anything fun most likely.
>>
>>13897804
>If you were offered a new car you'd take it in a heartbeat

This is a good point. I just wonder if my friends know how good they have it.
>>
>>13897792
Which says more about more about the price of macbooks. Wtf is wrong with a civic?
>>13897804
>If you were offered a new car you'd take it in a heartbeat
Speak for yourself faggot
>>
>>13897734
i will never ever do the faggot shit like that pic for any of my kids no matter how well off we are
>>
>>13897806
I wouldn't get your hopes up for a hertz miata unless you know it's manual.
>>
>>13897826
Oh so you'd rather buy a $500 shitbox and make it a point to tell everybody about how YOU bought it constantly.
>>
>>13897839

no
it's just that new cars suck ass
>>
>>13897757
Work on your own shit, take pride in it, modify it to make it your own
>>
>>13897734
reminder you don't actually own anything until it is paid for in cash that you earned (if it was won in battle, this is also acceptable)
>>
>>13897814
He bought a car for you to use, you ungrateful twat.
>>
>>13897844
When I said "new" I meant just having someone else buy it for you (their choice). I really should have clarified
>>
>>13897757
keep doing what you're doing.
It builds character,
character to humans is what carbon is to steel

you will be a better person for it.
>>
File: 1405144026334.png (283 KB, 623x469) Image search: [Google]
1405144026334.png
283 KB, 623x469
I bought a corolla for 300$. Shit payed for itself. Its practically intact after 60 thousand miles.
I got it through flipping burgers, currently saving for a Lan Evo VI, with around 15 000$ in savings.I am currently in my 3rd year in electric engineering and already got a job that gives me decent money.
This corolla is the best things while working for my Evo.
Fuck you OP you are not entitled to a good car right after you turn legal.You get a hand me down shitbox and you learn how to live with it and drive with it.
I fucking swear kids are entitled as fuck these days, I wouldn't let you pieces of shit own a car until you learn to respect one. Go ahead, and cum over that car you will only see through the screen of your computer.Forever bus riding trash.
>>
>>13897855

>implying he's ungrateful
That is a perfectly healthy good attitude to have, i'd love my son to have that attitude instead of being a spoiled shit like you
>>
>>13897846
>modify a civic sedan
Unless he really likes it he's better off saving for a turd gen, a clean 240sx, older 3 series, etc.
>>
>>13897867

Are you retarded or do you only read half a post before contributing your bile?
>>
File: p&jelly.png (26 KB, 720x254) Image search: [Google]
p&jelly.png
26 KB, 720x254
>>13897746
>>13897734
>>13897757
>>13897768

My dad let me drive his 01' Toyota Camry around when I was 16-18 until I left for college.
I was grateful for that. Plenty of my peers had sweet rides (new challengers, audis, SO MANY BMWs) and at the time I was jealous. This being said, everyone obviously knew in the back of their minds that their parents bought it for them.

>and at the time I was jealous

I joined the ROTC program at my college and worked my ass off to get paid to go to college. I just got selected for active duty and to celebrate I just bought a Corvette. Every time I get in the Vette I know that I was the one who worked and saved to buy it and that is such an accomplished feeling that the kids who had nice cars handed to them will never know.

Thank your dad for the civic. Civic's are good cars.

Please embrace your Civic. If it doesn't start, crack a joke about her "being sassy again" or "having too much personality."

tl;dr
Don't be jealous of anything or anyone in highschool. These people who get handed brand new cars will never be able to appreciate them the way you will be able to when you get your dream car.

You can tell I am passionate about this because I too grew up in RICH ASS Minnesota suburbia and feel compelled to write this much about why your path is the right path to take.
>>
>>13897734

Fucking poorfag mentality
Stop looking in other people lives, and instead focus on improving your own.
Life isn't fair, some people have it better than other, get over it.
>>
>>13897869
you're one of those RWD fucks aren't you
>>
>>13897877
Oh god here we go, the butthurt Civic driver who thinks his econobox is a sports car arrived
>>
>>13897877
If he had a hatch I'd say go for it, but I dunno about the most commuter-tier civic, it's hard to modify without feeling self-conscious that you're ricing it.
>>
>>13897873
One of the more reasonable/helpful responses. Thanks anon.
>>
Be fucking grateful. If you want a better car, get a job. Your parents don't owe you shit but a roof above your head and food in your stomach
>>
>>13897868
>spoiled shit
I bought every vehicle I have ever owned with my own money. OP is bitching about how he didn't get something for free.
Who's a spoiled shit?
>>
>>13897894

Read his post again, holy shit
>>
>>13897734
My parents bought me a new IS300 for my first car
>>
>>13897734
great read here

w w w .topgear.com/car-news/jeremy-clarkson/jeremy-his-daughters-first-car
>>
>>13897873

> gets bonus from signing up for military work

> blows it on corvette

pretty fucking normie if you ask me.
>>
>>13897888
i drive a fwd sedan
what's wrong with that?
>>13897892
i literally needed a car
my parents had to buy me one, it was worse me not having a car than the expense of buying one
and we as a family made $17,000 a year
>>
>>13897757
Your friends having, or not having a new car has literally 0 impact on your own quality of life.
>>
>>13897869
I personally wouldn't modify that gen sedan either lol, really ugly. But could always get some nice tires and maybe swap out the wheels with another Honda that look better or something just some little shit
>>
>>13897913
>'94 civic
>ugly
what the fuck
that's the best car TO mod
>>
File: 1380353291021.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1380353291021.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>13897871
>My dad bought a piece of shit '94 Civic
>How do I stop envying my friends
Dude, you're a fucking retard, I had a steady answer for your moaning about your car.
You're a fucking poorfag who won't work for what he wants.
>I envy my friends because I want to be living off of mommys tit!
End yourself.
>>
File: Alona-Tal-cane-315024_656_1000.jpg (255 KB, 656x1000) Image search: [Google]
Alona-Tal-cane-315024_656_1000.jpg
255 KB, 656x1000
>>13897898
>>13897871
>>13897868
It sure comes off as ungrateful when he talks about getting a free car and then complains about other people getting free cars.

What economic class do you think the majority of /o/ is? Are you a newfag? People here dump all their money into gettings EVOs, miatas, and Celicas.

Most people here bought their first car themselves. OP has no right to complain about getting a civic "essentially" handed to him.
>>
>>13897922
im not OP and i dont understand what this response has to do with the argument
>>
>>13897873
This, there's also the fact that technically by having the car under his name, OPs dad is also assuming some legal resposability for his son should he get into some trouble. It's not like he will be the one to go to jail is his son drives drunk and kills someone, but at least for some things he will still be under the unbrella of dad and have a clean driving record for when he gets his own insurance and his own car.
>>
>>13897920
Sedan just doesn't appeal to me, would much rather have a 3rd or 4th gen sedan I like muh boxes
>>
File: freewifi.png (50 KB, 701x598) Image search: [Google]
freewifi.png
50 KB, 701x598
>>13897907
>Officer pay
>>
>>13897926
That's not what he fucking said and that's not how this argument started
He said that the civic isn't is
then some autist got all mad saying he's ungrateful for not thinking of the car his dad bought for him to use as his
I said that's the best way to look at it
and now you shits want to blow this into some bigger thing
>>
>there are people who think driving is a privilege, not a right
it is definitely a right at this point
>>
>>13897894
>OP is bitching about how he didn't get something for free.

It's not that I think I deserve a new car. I guess it's more that... I don't know if my more fortunate friends appreciate the things they have when it's just handed to them.
>>
>>13897734
you stop giving a shit.

My parents wanted to split money on a car with me, but didn't want me to get the car that I wanted.
>it's old, you need something more reliable, it's dangerous, you'll have to spend time/money replacing parts, etc etc

So I just bought a miata with my own money and that was that.
>>
File: d5IDnMz.jpg (312 KB, 1334x1900) Image search: [Google]
d5IDnMz.jpg
312 KB, 1334x1900
>>13897940
You're right, this isn't a big deal.

The point everyone is trying to make is that OP should be glad he has a car that he didn't have to pay for.

You know why people are saying that? Because most of these people had to work at Subway through highschool to buy their first shitboxes and don't see why OP didn't have to do the same. I'll make an example

Rich girl gets BMW as OP gets 94' Civic
OP gets (free use of) 94' Civic as Anon gets nothing

see the point?
>>
>>13897965
they 100% do not
>>
>>13897922
Just FYI, you're not arguing with me (OP)
>>
>>13897970
hey I literally needed a car and my family was poor as fuck
i didn't contribute a single dime to my first car
>>
>>13897940
Being fair, OP does come across is a little crybaby.

>All my fwiends iz getting new cars an all I get is a shitty civic.

He should instead consider for a bit that maybe there's a reason why his parents got him that instead

Maybe as a lesson that most free shit is shitty and comes with strings attached, maybe they think their son is going to practically destroy his first car by driving like a deuche, maybe they're having monetary problems OP has no idea about, etc. Point is, all he did was come here to bitch, don't complain when people take that bitching and go "Boo fucking Hoo"
>>
>>13897981

You're projecting
It's an interesting discussion to have but you fucks can't see deeper into anything
>>
>>13897985
He's literally asking "How can I stop being envious" how is that projecting?
>>
>>13897734
>my dad bought
Cool, every car I've owned I had to pay out of pocket.
>>
>>13897997
Maybe that's because you own them? I didn't pay for the Civic because it's not mine.
>>
>>13897997
Good for you
>>13897994
Christ dude
Seriously?
He's trying to compare and contrast the benefits and detriments of buying your kid a new car versus buying a throwaway shitbox and just letting your kid drive it but it's not their car versus the "walk longways in the snow while dying" fags who paid for their own car

but yeah, ok
he's just whining about getting a free car that is his
that's what's happening
>>
File: alona-tal.jpg (553 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
alona-tal.jpg
553 KB, 2560x1600
>>13897985

#1. Upper class
#2. Middle class
#3. Lower class

#1. Rich teen gets BMW From parents
#2. OP gets to use dad's civic
#3. Anon gets nothing and has to buy his own

Most of the people here are #3 and cannot fathom why OP is complaining about being #2
We all agree the #1 people should not be getting BMWs but we are trying to get OP too see his fortunes as they are.
>>
>>13898008
>my dad bought me a car
Again like I said, your father bought YOU a car.
>>
German bro here, dont let it bother you. One of my friends got a brand new M3 (leased) which he "casually" crashed. Im happy with my Audi 80, it may be 30 years old and only has 75 hp, but damm , it outlasted so many "bought by daddy" cars it aint even funny anymore.

Everyone who drives a car worth more then they can pay are just morons who will crash it anyway.
>>
>>13898013

I'm number 3 and got my car bought for me
cars are required to live and my parents couldn't keep driving me around
>>
>>13898015
Um, no.
>>
>>13898026
>daddy bought me a car to drive
>I get to drive it and do what ever I want to it
>WAAAAA HE DIDN'T BUY ME A CAR!
you are literal cancer, park your "dads" civic in a garage and rev it up with the doors closed.
>>
>>13898030

are you pretending to be retarded?
and I'm still not OP
>>
>>13898033
>wahhh I have people buy me things
>wahhhh
seriously off yourself faggot.
>>
>>13898026
Did he buy it for himself? If so, why are you using it.
>>
File: dream garage.jpg (226 KB, 960x508) Image search: [Google]
dream garage.jpg
226 KB, 960x508
>>13898020
where do you live?

I know a guy who biked 7 miles every morning to get to and airport to get his pilot license. He did this because all his student loans went to paying for flight hours.

Now he flies 747s and probably makes good money..

THIS IS IN MINNESOTA
>>
>>13898015
Again. It's not my car. I couldn't just say "see ya later, dad" and move to another state with it. I'm using his car.
>>
>>13898010
No, it's whining, literally high school whining at that, then show up in a place that is not populated by high school student, but by older people who most likely already got their own cars and are also in all likelihood working on a side project, and you expect them NOT to get triggered?
>>
>save up money
>use your dad's car while you can
>buy your own car when you have the money
Das it mane
>>
>>13898042
Yes you could. Ask him to switch the title into your name.

Clearly he owns another car as your post was

>DADDY BOUGHT ME A CIVIC WAHHHHHHHH
>>
>>13898050
Older people who need to grow the fuck up
>>
>>13898055
>Ask him to switch the title into your name.
Why do you assume he would just hand me the title to the car, just because he has another?
>>
File: photo (2).jpg (819 KB, 2581x1936) Image search: [Google]
photo (2).jpg
819 KB, 2581x1936
>>13898042
>>13898042
THEN GET YOUR OWN FUCKING CAR

GOD DAMN IT I AM SO BAFFLED RIGHT NOW
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT?

pic related-
>my first car bought at 17
>worked construction all summer
>$2000
>>
>>13898060
>Younger people who need to grow up.

FTFY
>>
>>13898062
>why do you assume
So your bitch ass hasn't even asked.

You are serious faggot material.
>>
>>13897734
go find a new daddy with too much money who will buy you a car
>>
>>13897979

No one "literally needs" a car
>>
>>13898065
Better then mine.

1300 dollar POS 90 thunderbird, v6 auto, Had engines problems and died on me 2 years later.
>>
>>13898010

autistic retard pls go
>>
>>13897825
>Get offered a new(ish) car back in 2013 (2010).
>Know my parents can't shop around for shit.
>Nah, that's fine. I'm going to try to get a '99-'04 mustang eventually.
>Get gifted car anyway.
>Gifted in the sense that my parents can't actually afford it i.e have a note on it.
>Car is shitty.
>Cuts off on major highway because of a known throttle body issue there was a recall for.
>Nearly get wrekt
>Parent's call me ungrateful for bitching about a literally dangerously flawed vehicle.
>Paid $17,000
>For a base model + automatic
>Try to hold it over my head they got me a car I didn't want and got played like a fiddle at the dealership.

I'm intending to finally get that damn mustang after school. I dislike this sedan, but as long as it's free I'll tolerate it.
>>
File: photo.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>13898075
yeah the gap between $1k cars and $2-$3k cars is actually pretty damn big.
>>
>>13897908
It's fine, i personally just wouldn't modify it.
>>
>>13898074
I did
>>
>>13898099
see
>>13898039

also, $300 shitbox is a car.
>>
>>13898097
you have no idea how amazing a FWD sedan can be
says a lot that you think they're all shitboxes
>>
>>13898051
This guy speaks the truth.
>>
>>13898086
yeah that sounds kinda shitty sorry man
>>
>>13898103

I needed a car when I was a teenager
100% needed it
Why can't you accept that?
My family was poor as fuck, they HAD to buy me one
>>
>>13898104
I just don't like the way they look and I think the shorter wheelbase of the hatch would make it a better choice for a fun car, if he's stuck with a civic.
>>
>>13898074
Depend on where you live bro, not everyone lives in a city with access to public transportation.
>>
>>13897734
You get a job and buy your own car.
>>
>>13898110
explain. Are you OP?
>>
>>13897757
Stop wasting brain power comparing yourself to everyone else. Work hard. Get what you want.
>>
>>13897907
this. luckily he'll never go overseas and get a bonus to blow on a big truck, lift, and rims, like everyone I know did.
>>
>>13898113
is (103.1 in) a bad wheel base
>>
>>13898050
>>13898050
>>13898050
>>13898050

OP pls read
>>
>>13898133
>someone give me attention ;-;
shut the fuck up
go away
>>
>>13898128
Shorter is better for fwd, within reason.
>>
>>13897907
is the corvette maymay still going on?
>>
>>13898141
so my wheelbase is bad huh?
you think it's bad
you think
bad?
you think so
huh?
huh?
huh?
>>
File: 1430721070465.png (79 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1430721070465.png
79 KB, 250x238
>>13897734

Let's see:
1. You bitch about not having rich parents who buy you everything
2.You bitch about your father buying you a car, but the car is not on your name (Oh my god how am I going to live with myself)

Dear god OP, you are more spoiled than the faggots you envy, I wish I knew your address so I could send this shit to your dad so he could take that civic away from you and make you walk everywhere, yes walk, he wouldn't even give you money for a bus ticket.
>>
>>13898146

Shut the fuck up.
Why are you so awful? OP never said that. Some people NEED a car dude
>>
File: pepeenough.jpg (14 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
pepeenough.jpg
14 KB, 316x202
>friend gets car from parents
>her parents are doctor + engineer
>used to commute to university
>I ask about it
>it's a shitbox vw jetta
>manual
>fall in love even though she's crazy and red flags anyways
>she already has a bf

this thread is shit.
>>
>>13898146
yeah!

f u op
>>
>>13898145
Do you actually have a mental disorder
>>
>>13898117
It's not like I'm opposed to this. It just bugs me when other people don't have to.
>>
>>13898146

>you should put your son's academic career and his real career at risk over some petty grievance over word choice
>>
>>13898149
>need
No one needs a car ya faggot.
>>
>>13898149
He has absolutely said that. I was lucky enough to have my parents help me pay for a 3500 dollar ranger for a college daily driver, you bet your ass I am grateful as fuck.
>>
>>13898154
Is my wheelbase bad or NOT
>>
File: Furious-George.jpg (32 KB, 540x406) Image search: [Google]
Furious-George.jpg
32 KB, 540x406
>>13898155
DO YOU RECOGNIZE WHAT YOU JUST SAID AS A COMPLAINT YET?

that statement is literally the definition of a complaint.

STOP COMPLAINING OP!!!!

FUCK ME GOD DAMN
>>
>>13898163
your penisbase is bad.
>>
>>13898162
You realize this is not the same at all right.
>>13898159
Yes they do
>>
>>13898155
Holy shit you are literal cancer.

Other people get things because their parents either 1, aren't fuck ups, 2 spoil their kids.

So either your father is a fuck up, he doesn't want you to fuck up your first car, (which 99% of you shits do now days), or he doesn't trust you.

And with the amount of autism you have displayed my money is on he doesn't trust you..
>>
>>13897734
>parents gave me their old car in high school
>go to college
>cant take car with me
>they said welcome to the real world
>>
>>13898173
How the fuck did you get this post from what OP said?
>>
>>13898146
>You bitch about your father buying you a car, but the car is not on your name

Do you not understand that I would get no money on the sale of the car? It's not mine!
>>
>>13898171
Name 1 reason you NEED a car.
>>
>>13898185
School and work
>>
This thread is 1000% bait.
>>
>>13898155
Are you fucking real right now? Is this real life or some leddit shit?

Some african kid right now is saying, "There are people out there that don't need to scrape shit out of their assholes just to find some food, and that bothers me."
>>
File: Literally OP.jpg (43 KB, 707x398) Image search: [Google]
Literally OP.jpg
43 KB, 707x398
>>13897734

IM OP AND I WANT A BEAMER NOW

NOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOW!!!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDYYYYYY!!!!!
>>
>>13898191
Bike and Bike, you know like the vast majority of the world.
>>
>>13898193
You have to be trolling
>>
>>13898193
Are you really going with the "starving kids in Africa" argument?
>>
>>13898191
I've gone through school weekdays+work weekends for 5 years straight just by using the bus.
>>
>>13898198
I don't own a bike and never did
>implying I can bike that far
>implying i'd even be able to do my job or go to school on time with a bike
>>13898197
i want you to stop
>>
>>13898184
bait

I'm outta here
>>
File: 1433939990651.jpg (29 KB, 499x500) Image search: [Google]
1433939990651.jpg
29 KB, 499x500
>>13898146

Also forgot to post the video, this is you OP, literally you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEn15Rm5j4g
>>
>>13898205
Are you really going with the "Are you really going with the "starving kids in Africa" argument?" argument?
>>
>>13898197
You're completely retarded if this is what you got from OP's post.
>>
>>13898184
OGM you're funny, thinking you're gonna get anything more than $300 out of a 94 civic. that would literally be a weekly paycheck at minimum wage depending on the state.
>>
>>13898213
>being this butthurt over something so minor
grow the fuck up
>>
I worked construction for 2 summers and bought my first car even though my parents probably would have bought me one if I had asked.
>>
>>13898224
>implying that's OP
>implying it's not b8
>>
>>13898222
not from his original post. From all the subsequent posts.
>>
File: 1431126436724.gif (1 MB, 413x192) Image search: [Google]
1431126436724.gif
1 MB, 413x192
>>13898184

>You bitch about how you are not going to be able to get money off the car you originally got for free

Damn OP, 4chan is full of faggots, but I think you are the biggest one
>>
>>13898238
How?
>my dad bought me this car
>it's not mine i didn't earn it
>EVERYONE GETS UPSET
>FUCK YOU OP , SPOILED BRAT
>ILL HAVE YOU KNOW I SPEND MY ENTIRE YOUTH SHOVELING SHIT AND EATING IT TO CLEAN HORSE STABLES FOR MY FIRST CAR
>>
>>13897734
you have to be atleast 18 or older to post on this website
>>
>>13898230
why did you do that? i woked at the local marina doing paperwork during high school and i bought a mazda 323. thing was cheap, rain well. rusty as ruck but who cared. it was turbo and i was 18. it was wonderful.
actually it was a decent job but pay sucked
>>
>>13898238
I still don't see any post where he thinks he's entitled to a BMW. He's just annoyed when other people don't have to work for shit.
>>
>>13898244
>everyone on /o/ takes the b8 post
>>
>>13898244
Dumb, or B8? Selling the car was meant to show the concept of ownership. Nowhere did I say I want money on the sale of the car.
>>
>>13897734
Stop bitching OP, at least your parents didnt lock you out of any extra freedom besides the small amount they wanted
>Dad bought me a '11 Smart Fortwo
>want to sell it to get something more fun
>cant because dad says no cars older than your car and he legally owns the smart too
>cant get a fun current car because anything fun is way more expensive than my car
>cant just "get a job and save money" because I work for my father
>cant save money at all because he "pays" me by paying my tiny credit card bill (sub 300 USD)

I just want a miata...
>>
>>13898207
You could easily do it, I highly doubt your school or job is stupid far away.

anywhere below 15 miles you can bike to daily.
>>
>>13898263

your parents are dumb as fuck
>>
>>13898263
>>13898263
It may be time to move out and go to school

I know nothing of your life situation btw.. It just sounds like youre not happy.
>>
>>13898262

So what's the problem, you can drive it everywhere you want, whenever you want.
>>
>>13898267
>easily do it
good news
its over 15 miles away
and I have to carry a ton of shit with me
my job is a fucking delivery driver
>>
>>13898267
in OP's defense... winter

nevermind fuck that. Fuck you OP
>>
>>13898277
>I have a job
>I don't have money for a car
you are retarded.
>>
>>13898263
now that's a dick move by your dad, telling you how to spend your money.

I don't understand parents that don't let their kids have some autonomy. my parents let me buy a miata at 17 with my own money even though they thought it was a waste of money, because they wanted to teach me about responsibility and decision making. $4000 in the long run doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>13898281
i didn't
i don't understand your post
my parents insisted on the car despite how little money we made
>>
>>13898281

OP you are so not ready for the real world man..
>>
>>13898289
>tfw you will never get by on 4chan just reading the posts you feel like randomly and making assumptions from there
>>
>>13897868
Do you understand what ungrateful means?
>>
File: 1341470148594.jpg (31 KB, 397x554) Image search: [Google]
1341470148594.jpg
31 KB, 397x554
>>13898286
>parents have very little money
>they bought a car for me to drive to work and school but not give it to me flat out
>I'm going to bitch about this
Dude the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>13898276
That doesn't change the fact that I'm working a lousy job to save up for my own car, while my friends are enjoying their brand new cars they didn't work for. Tired of arguing with everybody, so it is what it is. Just gotta stop comparing myself to them and do my own thing.
>>
My parents are immigrants, always been poor, they can't even speak English, lived a shitty childhood...

They are driving all 3 of my cars I Pay the bills and part of rent, and on the hook for any car repairs. I still manage to roll on my Marauder and sports bike.

Then I hear you white boys complain about not getting nicer cars.

I feel like I connect more with the baby boomer generation kek.
>>
>>13898297
ungrateful means that you aren't full of grates
>>
>>13898305
>WAAAA the worlds not fair
>wooo is meee
>waaaahhh
Seriously the worlds a harsh place, some of us have to work for it some of us don't.

Join your Military, they will educate you, give you a job, pay for your rent and food and will also pay for your school and debt when you get out.
>>
>>13898301
i'm not OP you idiot
im the guy who said i NEEDED a car
>>
>>13898284
How did that miata do? Was it fun to work on or was it just a money pit you sent to the dealer every time there was a problem?
>>
>>13898305
welcome to the Club OP! =)

We really had to verbally beat that one into you didn't we?
>>
>>13897940
Maybe I took the comment differently but I read it as be grateful your dad bought the car and you can use it instead of walking or getting rides all the time. Who fucking cares if a 16 year old kid actually owns the car or not? I'd be happy to have the car so I could drive myself places.

When I was that age, I got my grandpa's old car (he died) and it was transferred into my dad's name. So while I didn't own it, my parents never drove it (ie I drove it all the time). I wasn't crying about my name not being on the title.
>>
>>13898319
Find a closer job you fuck wit.

>hurr I don't have a car
>I'm going to get a job 50 miles away and commute

dumb fuck.
>>
>>13898317
>join the military
boomer pls
>>
My parent didn't ever own a car after divorce when I was 10 and handed in her driver's license to remove speeding ticket points.

When I bought my first car, I drove it home alone having never driven a car before, because I wouldn't spend the money on driving lessons, because doing that sort of thing in your poor life can contribute to being homeless.
>>
>>13898327

my school is the one that's far away
my job literally requires me to have a car
and why the fuck would i do that when i have the car my family bought me
>>
>>13898328
I was born in the late 80s.

Join Navy/Air Force, they are normal fucking jobs. They pay well, especially since the only bill you will have is if you live in the barracks and want internet and a phone.

2 years in and you will be making 2k a month without having to pay bills, plus all the benefits that come along with it.
>>
>>13898335
I don't get why you're so hung up about not actually owning the car. Who gives a shit? Be glad you don't have to walk/take the bus. Now you can keep the job you have. Make sure to thank your parents.
>>
>>13898339

>fuck your dreams, ideas, efforts, intelligence. opportunities, sacrifices
>join the military as a grunt
10/10
>>
I kind of got spoiled

>be 17
>looking at beat to shit civics with 5 speeds for $3000
>dad does not want a jap junker in his driveway
>buys an aveo, the cheapest new car with the US name on it at the time
>he teaches me to drive stick a week later
>made me buy an $800 car port to keep it out of the weather
>never taught my brothers or mom how to drive stick
>we do all the work on it together and split the cost on parts
>we split gas

Ultimate father-son car. He got his own personal car. I got my shitbox with a 5 speed.
>>
>>13898332
I needed to get my second stage license early so my dad and I could sell cedar trees during the summer (He lost his license 7 years ago) so I started taking a drivers course on a payment plan. I had to pick up a job at a gas station in the middle of a canadian winter to pay for it. Lived off $10 a week for 3 months while having to walk 2 miles into town in -40 degree weather. It fucking sucked, but on the plus side I lost 50 pounds.
>>
>>13898343
I'm not OP you fuck
and walking/taking the bus was never an option
holy shit
>>
File: 1344217647676.jpg (25 KB, 317x313) Image search: [Google]
1344217647676.jpg
25 KB, 317x313
>>13898347
Are you stupid?

Join the military and do a job, then get out after 3-4 years and have 3 years of school paid for, plus pending on your state get extra shit.

Navy is paying my school right now, upwards of 60k plus my state is going to pay for another 150 hours after that.

I'm living towards my fucking dream of working in the animation industry, simply because I joined the military.
>>
>>13898371
my school is literally already paid for
>>
>>13898347
>grunt
no
>>
>>13898373
Then you don't have an issue with money, or a car, and thus your relevance to this thread is moot.
>>
>>13898379

what?
what are you talking about?
I do have that issue, we're poor as fuck
>>
>>13898322
>We really had to verbally beat that one into you didn't we?
I think my main objection with everybody was this perception where I feel my dad should buy me a nice car. I think there's a clear difference between wanting what my friends have, and feeling entitled to it.

As I said though... Just gotta focus on myself and worry less about others.
>>
>>13898373
neat

then he wan't talking to you
>>
>>13898387
he literally was
>>
>>13898385
Then join the military, it's pretty fucking hard to get turned down unless you are a complete fuck up.

You won't be poor, you'll have free medical(well at least it's free), dental, eye care. you will be paid on time all the time, you'll have a chance to do what ever job you want as long as you don't let the recruiter fuck you. (and your score is high enough, but there are wavers for that too)
>>
>>13898386
You worded it in a way that made you sound ungrateful for what you have.

This thread is the power of language in action.

Take care OP.
>>
>>13898273
Im already going
The problem is that mechatronic engineering is going nowhere in my country due to a huge recession and Im planning to take the family business instead (they own a school)

I do have a plan to change the credit card scheme to him actually paying me sooner than later though
>>
>>13898395

why the fuck would i join the military?
>>
I was given a 1997 jetta when I got my license at 16 (just turned 18), car was fun as hell til it blew up. Now I drive my mom's old car, 2000 528i, still miss the jetta but greatful that my parents got/gave me anything to drive. Stop being a cunt OP
>>
>>13898401
Because you keep complaining about being poor.

Which means your job is shit or non existent.
>>
>>13898402
you're an idiot
>>
>>13898404
but why would i give up everything i've worked for to join the military
>>13898347

what am i gaining here
>>
>>13898392
he was offering a solution for your poorness and then you chose to take offense.

>The water purification MOS is offering a 10K signing bonus for enlisting in my state's national guard.
>>
>>13898410
>give up everything
well since you keep complaining about having no money and being poor, you don't have much to give up do you.
>>
>>13898402
>Stop being a cunt OP
Hey, no more fight from me. I'm done arguing.

Now to sit back and watch people bicker about military service.
>>
>>13898406
k
>>
>>13897734
- I - actually bought a car for dad. Not he for me. We're poor, too, but I wanted dad to have the car he is OK with if I can't have what I'd be OK with. I got his older pos and actually like it far far more than the car I've payed for. It's not America, they are both total shitboxes.
>>
>>13898414

>giving up on college, dropping out of highschool to put my entire life on hold for no reason aside from a 4channer telling me to
>>
>>13898421
>giving up on college
Right, that's why I told you the military will pay for it.

Hell they are paying me 1800 dollars a month plus 6500 a semester to go to school.
>>
>>13898425
my college is already paid for...
>>
>>13898421
>college
>worthwhile
lol

the only reason to go to college in the 21st century is if your parents are paying for it. otherwise do a trade and make more money faster.
>>
>>13898430
it is worthwhile though
c'mon now
>>
>>13898434
Yeah for 30% of the people in it probably.
>>
File: 1344764933080.jpg (460 KB, 905x925) Image search: [Google]
1344764933080.jpg
460 KB, 905x925
>>13898429
What good is having your school paid for if you as you said are poor.

you can't afford to commute, you can't afford the food or the housing to relocate, you'll be working full time to pay bills and go to school.

I'm telling you there is an option out there which will let you keep your schooling, get paid with a steady job for several years, and then pay for you school and on top of that pay you to go to school so you don't have to work while you go.

I'm letting you know there are options, stop bitching and actually do something about it.
>>
File: IMG_20151009_132523.jpg (1 MB, 2791x2791) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151009_132523.jpg
1 MB, 2791x2791
Drove my mom's Corolla 14years before I got my first car. I was grateful as fuck because the alternative is walking or bussing.

Work hard and get your own car that's all there is to it.
>>
>>13898441

>you cant afford to commute
but im living there
>you cant afford food or housing
but its paid for
>>
>>13898447
Then you don't have a problem so stop bitching.
>>
>>13898449
i never was you were the one who went off on this tirade about the military
>>
>>13898320
>sent to the dealer
lel

the miata is great. i did all my own work on it so it didn't cost me much to repair it when it did break down.

the only times it has broken down was when the slave cylinder went out and when the fuel pump went out. other than that it's needed nothing more than your usual wear items, brakes, spark plugs, fluids, etc.
>>
>>13898453
You have literal autism.
>>
>>13898456
>spoiled brat thinks he can post in this thread
oh look at you
fuck off you spoiled brat, some people actually had to work
>>
>>13898460
how
i wasnt even talking about college until this guy screamed at me about the military for no reason
>>
>>13898429
Because everyone's situation is exactly like yours, it's not like there's 300 million people in the US of all varied backgrounds, classes and social status who might need to pay for their own education now would they?
>>
>>13898446
is this your image? The post processing gives me cancer, post the Raw and I'll fix it
>>
>>13897734
>>13897757
>>13897757
I got my first car paid for by my parents, but when I got a job, I tried to pay them back full price + 50% more.

They refused.

I guess thats what you call love?
>>
>>13898473
what
>>
>Parents never bought me a car in high school
>Even if they did, it would have been something really shitty
>Most likely Jeep Grand Cherokee/some other Chryco shit
>The only way I'll get my want is on my own
>Bust ass and save up
>Senior year rolls around
>Buy what I wanted at the time
>Honda Del Sol
>Roll up to the house in my new ride
>Parents immediately freak out
>"Do you WANT people to think you're gay?"
>"It's not gonna be safe when you crash it!"
>"It won't handle well in the snow!"
>Parents try to convince me to sell it
>Remind them that it's mine and that my name is on the title

>Eventually crash the car
>No injuries, not my fault
>"Oh great, shitpost you can finally go buy a safe car"
>Few weeks later
>Bring home a NA Miata
>Parents flip their shit again

These are the same parents who "bought" (financed in their name) cars for my younger brother though. I'm glad I never got that shit.
>>
>>13898463
1. I was replying to anon's post asking about my experience with my car
2. you don't know anything about my life, nice assumptions there
>>
>>13898488
if that pic is taken by you then i know plent about your life
fuck off Charles to your nice mansion in the hills
>>
>>13898463
>spoiled brat
nigga he drives a 20 year old japanese shitbox
>>
>>13898493
>Charles
wrongo

it is a picture of my car taken by me though.
>>
>>13898505
>implying i was guessing your name
fuck off richfag
>>
>>13898507
do you think that's my lift or something?
>>
>>13898517
you're rich to be able to afford that much service
i wish i was rich enough for a miata and to care for it like that
dickhead
>>
>>13898463
>spoiled
>shitty 20 year old miata
literally what
>>
>>13898520
apparently if you can afford an alignment you're a richfag.

fun fact: this alignment was free because I did it myself on my schools alignment rack.

>inb4 if you can pay for tuition you're a richfag
>>
>>13897907
this.
every fucking military dude.
and then they leave it at their parent's.
>>
>>13898171
I had your same situation too with being limited to driving only at certain times or in certain areas, with a different car. Was still grateful.
>>
>>13898522
i drive an integra
that's like
10x shittier
>>
Still doesn't suck as bad as having parents who gave your cunt sister 2 cars after she fucked the first one and then don't give you one and then don't even help you buy a car with the money you worked so hard for, shit sucks bro
>>
>>13897816
My parents have me a car when I was in high school, and I adored the fucking thing. Always spotless, always services, modded fast and furious style, the movie had just come out. And 13 years later I've never been in an accident. I'm also a semi professional race car driver, with the winningest career ever in my league.

Don't make asinine blanket assumptions about how people are. Doing so just shows that you are jealous and salty.
>>
>>13898543
when did i ever imply i wasn't grateful
>>
>>13898456
Fuck, I wish nb's didn't cost 10grand where I am.
>>
>>13898557
that's an NA
>>
>>13898560
I know, but I'm looking for an nb.
>>
>>13898109
Yeah senpai, my parents are the sort of people that spoil you but not really?

They're what happens when you try to live outside your means and raise kids on it, so it's the type of spoiling that has no substance behind it. They're "paying for my school" resulted in me being barred from registration for a year (debt owed to the uni that my parents took out in some ass-backwards method of a loan) and trashing my credit score (used my identity to take out a loan and then got behind on payments).
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>13897734
become shingo, and make all of your friends crash
>>
>>13898550
> a semi professional race car driver
lol, aka "I race on my own / dad's money"

not a race car driver, m8. just a hobbyist.
>>
>>13898563
NB > NA

just keep searching brother
>>
>>13898569
Actually I drive my sponsors car. In a real racing league, it's just not nationally sanctioned. Do some research, you knob
>>
>>13898568
>>13898568
He probably has a sedan instead of a hatchback
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.