[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png (42 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png
42 KB, 2000x1000
First time here, getting my first car soon and have no clue what to get, it has to has as reasonably low km's and cheap insurance, I live in NZ so think about that. delete this thread if its not the right place
>>
File: VK-Calais.jpg (1 MB, 1422x948) Image search: [Google]
VK-Calais.jpg
1 MB, 1422x948
Import a real VK instead of the kucked NZ version and rip skidz like a sick cunt.
>>
Primera (do not get a CVT)
Lancer GSR (or one of the non-turbo AWD ones)
Forester S/tb

Don't get an L200, ever maori has one that goes choo choo
>>
>>13897098
Also:
Toyota Starlet
Nissan Sunny/Lucino
Toyota Corolla GT, BZ-Touring or Levin/Trueno
>>
get a ceffy bruh
>>
Op here, something not to expensive, fresh out of college and don't have much
>>
>>13897107
>rusts if you look at it funny

>>13897121
Primera with a 5 speed will last you for eternity
Or any 20 Valve Corolla/Sprinter variant
>>
Op here once again, I know its hard to find with what I have asked for but maybe something that looks good as well, just an idea
>>
>>13897146
see >>13897128
>>13897117
>>13897114

read the thread
>>
>>13897148
Good looking, i'm not a underpaid 40 year old women
>>
File: images (5).jpg (17 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
17 KB, 511x288
Gt a 20e 33 goez hunnitz az
>>
>>13897098
what is your budget ?

1k is low and sort of shabby
there is some really nice stuff at $2000
between 5k and 15k can get you almost anything you might want in terms of performance

been looking around as well and have a few catagora
I mostly like cars between 1960 and 1990 and do like travelling far and do not often take passengers

big car
mazda 323 #
citroen bx $
honda prelude 1987 #
Honda Integra 1990 $
toyota celica 1989 $
mitsubishi galant vr4 $

small car
fiat 127 $
corolla gt #
honda crx $
starlet kp6 $
starlet kp7 #
peugeot 205 gti $
Ford Festiva 1993 #
Nissan Pulsar GTI-R $
citroen ax three door $

$ rare and might kill the wallet
# more reliable and easy to find
>>
>>13897309
Most likely under 10k. I like older cars but in NZ they tend to be pretty expensive, that or they have 200+ km's
>>
>>13897146
Can you can get it insured and registered under your parents? That will make insurance much less of an issue.

Toyota Vitz
Suzuki Swift
Honda Fit

If you need a sedan
Mitsubishi Galant
Toyota Camry

or something that can kinda offroad..
Subaru Outback/Lancaster

Don't scoff at the hatchbacks, dumb college age bitches drip to that shit harder than any EJ20 could.
>>
>>13897393
10k can net something like a legacy gt or fiat punto
even some of the newer corolla will do

>tend to be pretty expensive
the twice yearly inspection and massive registration tax on diesel is what does my head in

I don't really think of mileage as such a bad thing
there is an early spike of failure at 100 k km
and anything that survives that slowly builds up lots of non critical failures
and with things like Toyota every single part wears out seconds after it breaks 200 k km
save for the odd one that makes it to 400 k km
>>
>>13897434
>>13897393
I don't know what you people are smoking, second hand Japanese imports here are cheap as piss, compared to the second hand market in somewhere like Australia.
Petrol car registration is also fucking pathetically cheap.
And recommending a brand as obscure here as Fiat for a first car here is stupid.
Also, the inspection is only yearly for any car 15 years and under, and is easy as piss to pass.
>>
>>13897502
fiat punto is rare ?
fine then have a suzuki swift or hoda jazz
>>
20e ceffi cuzzy
>>
>>13897120
>>13899045
i legitimately own a ceffy drift slut and a dirty legacy gt wagon for daily

how maori am i?
>>
>>13899891
hearty maori cuzzy
>>
>>13897098
You guys like Rams down there, don't you?
>>
Was looking at a mr2, family is telling me their shit though.
>>
To start off, I am a 23 year old male in NZ, and I drive a manual Legacy GT, so I am fairly well versed in the practice of not getting raped by insurance.

The way I see it, you have 3 options being fresh out of college (I assume you haven't Americanized it and are 18).

First thing to do is get a shortlist of cars and run them through State's online quote - I've found they are the cheapest for younger drivers.

Option A: The sensible way.
You can pick up a civic hybrid or prius, around 2007-2010 with 80-120k km for $10k.
You could also get a Swift or Jazz for fairly cheap and get the same effect.
Insurance will be cheap, so will petrol.
With this option, budget for insurance and petrol for something more expensive, like a Legacy GT or similar, and put the money into a savings acct for a fun weekend car.
It will be boring, but if financial shit hits the fan, it will bring you the least regret.

Option B: The semi sensible, but fun way.
Buy a NA/NB MX-5, choose manual or regret it.
It will be cheap to run, cheap to insure as it's old, and you will have loads of fun because RWD and NZ has a tonne of twisty roads. You do sacrifice practicality, but when you're 18 fun is a high priority.

Option C: Risky but maximum fun.
Get yourself a late 90's-early 00's manual turbo car. Insurance and petrol will hurt you... a lot.
But there's not much else you can buy in that price range for that fun, where insurers will cover you. In this instance, look at Legacies, VR4's, Caldina GT's and similar.
Toyota Altezza also fits into this category, despite being N/A.
Try to stick to Japanese, as these will be less likely to explode for no reason, although be careful with pre-purchase inspections, and research each car thoroughly for what to look out for.

Option D: You're a Maori.
Buy an old as shit turbo/v8 rwd sedan and eventually drift it into a tree. Spend 4 years paying it off and riding the bus.
Would not recommend option D.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.