[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my first car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Mazda-2-2015-Black.jpg (78 KB, 799x533) Image search: [Google]
Mazda-2-2015-Black.jpg
78 KB, 799x533
hey guys, i'm from the philippines and i'm getting my first car soon as a gift for graduating college. i'm getting something around the price range of a subcompact car. my dad wants to get me the new Yaris or Vios because of reasons. he's okay with a Honda City too. Thing is, I want the Mazda2 but my dad doesn't like Mazda because he says parts are hard to come by here and that the service sucks. Anyway, what are your thoughts on the matter? It'd be nice if you guys would give me your opinions on all 4 cars. Thanks /o/
>>
Get the Mazda2. Parts are not hard to come by, it's a rebodied ford fiesta.
>>
>>13895841

What's it like having your parents buy you a new car while there are people living in the same country as you inhabit garbage dumps?

I'd feel pretty fucking weird.
>>
>>13895899
This is the case in every country ever you dumb autist
>>
>>13895910

Not in decent ones.
>>
>>13895841
>I'm from the Phillipines.
Condolences.
>>
>>13895841

Your dad is an idiot, Mazda parts are not hard to come by in the Philippines and if you're buying brand new then that's not something you really have to worry about since the dealership will take care of that in case you nees it. Service depends heavily on which dealership you go to. But he's buying it so you don't have a choice.
>>
>>13895980
yeah, no he's really a Toyota guy, but he's good with Hondas. I could kinda tell he just has a personal bias from how our conversation went. I just needed to hear it from someone else. Are you from the Philippines and own a Mazda? Are you speaking from experience?
>>
>>13895972
much appreciated
>>
>>13895841
Fuck that, buy Euro
>>
>>13895841
Holy shit, they have internet in the Phillipines? Save your money, OP, and buy some food that isn't total ass like most of your cuisine.
>>
>>13895929
the situation is much more complicated than how you make it out to be. every country has problems.
>>
>>13896016
probably ranks 1st among ignorant comments I've seen today. congrats, troll. hahaha
>>
>>13896003

I used to be but got out of there as soon as I could. Just go with Honda then, City is not that bad really. Vios is fucking ugly IMO. I had a couple of friends who the previous gen Mazda 2, they never had a problem with it.
>>
anyone else? City, Vios, Yaris or Mazda2?
>>
>>13896134
Hyundai Accent.
>>
>>13896148
haha yeah i don't think I have a shot at even suggesting that
>>
>>13896025
I used to date a Pinay girl and ate with her and her family all the time. The cuisine is not good, dude, easily my second least favorite after southwest African.
>>
>>13896243
it's a matter of taste. i acknowledge that you don't like it, but it doesn't necessarily mean it isn't good.
>>
Mazda 2 is the best in the segment unless you want more back seat leg room, in which case the City would be considerably better. The Yaris is a mediocre car but durable as fuck. I cannot speak to the Vios but it seems to be not too different from the Yaris.

Are you adverse to hatches for some reason? A Fit (Jazz) makes a much more practical car than a City, which is the sedan version, and according to the Filipino website isn't much more expensive. I previously had a Fit and loved it except it was loud on the highway and I was a bit cramped being 6' (1.83 meters) tall.
>>
honestly I just really want the mazda2 and I'm just listing down the choices my dad's okay with. I feel like a Jazz is already really common here, not that it matters too much. I'll probably add that to my options and ask my dad. Thanks man. I'm wondering if you have any compelling arguments that I might not have told him yet regarding the mazda
>>
>>13896586
The Mazda 2 is the most fuel efficient in the segment, the sportiest, Mazda is rated as the 3rd most reliable brand by Consumer Reports (behind Lexus and Toyota, well ahead of Honda), and the Yaris is going to become a badge engineered Mazda 2 around the world in 2 years give or take, so even if Mazda's service sucks over there parts WILL be everywhere.

Aside from that, with your college degree I imagine you could get a job to cover repairs should they occur.
>>
There are no 4chan users outside of the US.

You're not fooling anyone, dumbass
>>
File: Make-Lumpia-Intro.jpg (4 MB, 2896x1939) Image search: [Google]
Make-Lumpia-Intro.jpg
4 MB, 2896x1939
>>13896331
Mmm... Lumpia
>>
>>13895841
Mazda parts are cheap as fuck at least in the USA. And from what I hear, Mazda is starting to get super high sales in SEA so there should be plenty of wrecked junkyard Mazda2 parts soon enough if you don't simply get parts from the dealer.

I got an FD and had friends paying 5x as much for similar OEM parts for a 2005 Neon than I was paying for an old, limited sports car.

As far are service sucking, I have no idea. In the USA, the dealer I got it from is good.

Anyway, the Mazda2 is definitely the best of those. Get it.

If you need to convince him, dunno what about safety numbers?
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/all-new-2015-mazda2-hatch-receives-4-star-safety-rating-from-euro-ncap-video-94698.html
Seems to be very safe compared to other subcompact cars even though it's not 5 stars overall.
The Toyota Yaris is ranked the worst among insurance claims.

>>13895848
The Mazda2 is not Fiesta based. It's Mazdas own platform.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.