[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a 2001 Miata, sometimes when I shift to 2nd gear it makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: oo3dunqrqprxc5gaxduy.jpg (68 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
oo3dunqrqprxc5gaxduy.jpg
68 KB, 800x598
I have a 2001 Miata, sometimes when I shift to 2nd gear it makes a grinding noise. Previous owner changed tranny fluid before sale. Any advice?
>>
>>13895410
tired transmission. I can recommend checking the fluid level to see if he did it right and check for leaks.
>>
it's fucked or the previous owner lied to you
>>
>>13895410
change the clutch.
>>
>>13895410
>tranny fluid
?
>>
syncro's are over rated anyways, grind em' to you find em'
>>
>>13895410
>previous owner put in new tranny fluid in hopes of convincing anon that he was not buying a blown tranny.
I honestly am not sure, but it doesn't look good
>>
I just bought his car yesterday.....
>>
>>13895482
>I just bought a meme car that has most likely been beat to shit and doesn't shift properly
>>
>>13895410
a new tranny is cheap right?
>>
>all these clueless fucks

>>13895410
protip: miata synchros suck ass from the factory. just double clutch when it's cold before the trans is warned up. also change the trans fluid to something good. it's never gonna shift like butter, just get used to it, it's not a big deal. your transmission is fine.
>>
>>13895410
why did you feel so important that you just had to start a thread and post this question outside of /dmt/?
>>13878536
stay in your containment thread next time, ok?
>>
>>13895678
Why did you feel like replying to this thread? You mad faggot?
>>
>>13895511
The more experienced ones are more expensive, but they're worth it.
>>
>>13895704
nope not mad! just doing my part to let you know how much of a colossal faggot you are, shitting up this board even more with your ignorant questions that could be resolved with a Google search.
>>
Is it the 5spd or the 6? 5 speeds can be had very cheaply and it's really not hard to swap them out depending on how mechanically inclind you are...all this considered how bad your current tranny actually is
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.