[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I remove this pinched hub bolt? I've already tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
How do I remove this pinched hub bolt? I've already tried the smallest flathead screwdriver I could find and Ive tried using a pick tool and ive used the hammer technique to unbend it but nothing works. Help
>>
Just crank the nut off, it'll unbend itself. You are supposed to replace that nut.
>>
Rattle it off with an impact, or twist it off with a big breaker bar. It won't hurt anything.
>>
>>13892538
>>13892550
Thanks
>>
>>13892575

Yeah, don't do that.

It will fuck any threads it's touching.
>>
>>13893196
the part thats bent doesnt have any threads.
>>
>>13893224
youll need a shit load of torque if you dont have an impact gun
>>
>>13894546
You need to go to the gym
>>
>>13894546
That's why you use your body weight on a breaker bar. Use your weight as an advantage. Push down instead on pull up. Its like magic but real.
>>
big breaker bar + cheater pipe = profit
>>
whoever staked that never meant for it to be unbent.

only the next king arthor can remove that axle.
>>
>>13894665
kek.
I can pull up harder then the 290 pounds I can put down
>>
>>13895150
Not if you bounce. You can't pull harder than a good bounce.
>>
>>13895150
How fucking fat are you?
If you simply bounce on it you'll be putting over 500 lbs of shock force on it, and if you jump it'll be over 2000lbs.
You trying to be a strong man lifting it won't be as effective as massive shock force.
>>
File: 1447470211082.jpg (173 KB, 700x1133) Image search: [Google]
1447470211082.jpg
173 KB, 700x1133
>>13894665
This guy is right.
When using a breaker always lift up rather than push down. You are stronger than you think,noodle arms. Push down,what ever you weigh is part of the math,lift up,you can summon Odin as you plant your feet and sweat for the first time in your life.
Tl;Dr. More power when lifting up than pushing down.
Pic is just am attention getter
>>
>>13895336

Massive shock force is all fine and dandy until that bar snaps and catches you in the nuts.

Plant your damn feet, keep your back straight, and grab it from a crouch and stand the fuck up. If you aren't standing tall with a free spinning nut you need to hit the gym.

Also, if you DO use a breaker bar, chock the wheels REAL good. Don't want it moving around on the jack stand or anything.
>>
>>13894745
>big breaker bar + cheater pipe = profit

Fucking this. Prepare to shatter a socket if it's not an impact.

Beyond a 24" galvanized pipe on a breaker I think you might want to use a wide punch and mallet to unbend that shit.
>>
>>13895598

Looking at it again you'd want a chisel, not a punch
>>
Or just buy a shit tier impact gun
>>
>>13895478
> If you aren't standing tall with a free spinning nut you need to hit the gym.
That has nothing to do with strength and everything to do with leverage.
And you might also be standing with a rung off nut.
There's a reason impacts get off what a wrench will strip or snap off.
Fact of the matter is most every human can apply more force with a bounce than a pull, and every human can apply more with a jump than a pull.
>>
>>13895881
I once was told by an old boss of mine to service a truck we had no business working on. I began by trying to take the wheels off, to replace the brake pads. after every impact in the shop failed to take the first one off, I decided to use a one inch breaker bar (the drive, not the length) and a seven foot sissy bar. I jumped on that bar for ten minutes (6'3" 220lbs) before finally convincing him to send it to someone equipped to work on such a vehicle.

Not arguing with you or anything, just thought I'd share. He's an asshole that will never turn down a job, if he thinks he'll make even a penny.
>>
The lip is actually pretty malleable, I've taken some off with just a long handle 1/2 drive ratchet.
>>
>>13895478
If your breaker bar snaps then you're using a toothpick as a fucking breaker bar.
>>
>>13892530
Unpinch it
>>
>>13895924
M8 those were cast on, it was a hub cap you just had to pry off.
>>
>>13895959
No... It was a semi, and it required a one inch impact to remove them.

I know you're joking, but even if that was the case, they would have broken off.
>>
>>13894765

Underrated post
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.