[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, any saab 900 owners here? I got my drivers license 2 days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: saaaaaaaaaaaaaab.png (1 MB, 875x503) Image search: [Google]
saaaaaaaaaaaaaab.png
1 MB, 875x503
Hey, any saab 900 owners here?

I got my drivers license 2 days ago, and am looking for a 'reliable' car under 1000€ and only cars that really fit that are either Volvo's or Saab's.

Tomorrow I'm test driving a 1989 saab 900i like pic related. Anything to look for/ask the owner?

It's currently driven 300k km, one owner, perfect service book etc. Am I making a mistake?

850€
>>
>>13891443
that appears to be a non-turbo.. which means a bit slow, but that might not be a big deal to you.

one good thing about the non-turbo is that if its a manual, the transmission isn't stressed. The manual transmissions pinion bearing is weak, and will got to crap at 150k to 200k for a turbo, not sure about a non turbo.

So I would check for timing chain stretch and service of the pinion bearing.

if its a one owner car, with all service records its probably been taken care of.. and should be o.k.
>>
Owned a few, not fun working on the front of the engine which is against the firewall because it's longitudinal but backwards. Why?

I'd go with a volvo, much easier to work on and at least here in Murika easier to find parts.

If you get a saab go with a 9000 much nicer and maintenance isn't as difficult

9000 aero>9000cse turbo>900 turbo>900s>900
>>
Try getting a turbo, they hold their value far better, and go for the 3-door.

As a machine it's pretty much invincible.
>>
>>13891476
Yes, it's a non-turbo.

I also heard the reverse parking lock is prone to breaking, don't know how true that is.

>>13891478
In Finland availability on parts is pretty good, still considering Volvo. Volvo owners seem to care less about their cars though.

>>13891481
Not really into 3-doors. Practicality>looks/speed I guess. Same for turbos, just another part to break.

And I'm not really concerned about losing money on the car, 850€ isn't that bad.
>>
>>13891522
Doesn't want 3 door, doesn't want turbo.
>Are you lost?

Get any volvo, they're just better.
>>
>>13891522
Reverse parking lock. You have to put it in reverse to take the key out. People don't know this and force it out breaking the lockout
>>
>>13891534
>Are you lost?
Yeah actually, I never browse this board.
>>
File: 91Volvo740SE.jpg (54 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
91Volvo740SE.jpg
54 KB, 600x463
>>13891555
Go back to where you came from, we don't take kindly to you "sensible" types 'round these parts.
>>
>>13891591
:^( Now I feel bad for stealing those trips

Here's your average 800€ Volvo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npfPQ9ZD0tY

800€ after the burnout of course.
>>
>>13891443
If properly maintained a naturally aspirated 900's engine will last a good million miles.
You will replace all of the electricals or motors though, as the bio degradable wiring harness at this point has begun to biodegrade.
>>
The engine blocks are solid, as are the first gen 93's and 95's but the stuff around them has a habit of breaking in an expensive fashion.
>>
>inb4 MightyBenz sharing his experiences
>>
>>13891522
>volvo owners seem to care less about their cars
Depends, maybe in Finland it's different but here in Canada it's the same rule of thumb with most cars.

Old people owned, it's in great shape. Some dude bought it for winter? It's beat to hell and back.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.