[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Street Racing Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 15
File: street-racing.jpg (120 KB, 1678x944) Image search: [Google]
street-racing.jpg
120 KB, 1678x944
Post your street racing stories and pictures.
>>
>>13888794
I hope you all crash and die
>>
>>13888794
drag racing is shit and boring
>>
n00b
>>
>>13888796
Why /o/ is shit.

>>13888799
Drag racing is boring, but not all street racing is drag.
>>
It usually ends in disaster. Street racing is a bad plan
>>
>tfw 2000 chevrolet prizm
guys im crying
>>
>>13888850
Lmao been street racing for 5 years bud, it's about knowing the road and if your going to a planned event people will scout the road anyway

Not one person was hurt even in a z06 vs single turbo supra, they went up to 170 mph before they off , supra won that one
>>
>>13888886
Maybe you run with a more intelligent crowd. Most street racers I've ran into had more horsepower than common sense.
>>
>>13888794
while those loud as fuck fags are distracting the cops im hooning in the mountains all alone with no cop worries lol

510 CA here
>>
>>13888855

ive got a 1998, come at me

how many times have your handles broken off
>>
File: NPXful9.jpg (54 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
NPXful9.jpg
54 KB, 600x450
I got run over by a Puerto Rican street racer after he lost control and hit me in my driveway. Thankfully I only got a few bruises, herniated disk, broken thumb and arm, and dislocated shoulder. Pretty easy recovery.

I wish anybody who street races in public areas, especially in fucking neighborhoods should die.
>>
>>13888794
>>13888944
also if caught you will lose your car and license
and if your just watching same thing lol or just suspended i forget
>>
File: 1436203857231.gif (479 KB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
1436203857231.gif
479 KB, 500x209
>Not having a designated street out in the middle of nowhere kinda near an industrial park
>>
A few weeks ago my friend and I did a little stoplight race.
>he pulls up in his 08 Honda accord (not even v6)
>my p71 is faster but I don't want to ruin tires
>we both launch, he actually gets wheelsman
>both accelerate to maybe 40 before we hit traffic
>maybe quarter mile down the road we turn into parking lot
>check mirror before turning, realize cop is right behind me
>he must have been at the y intersection that we raced from
>thought he was going to pull me over but he didn't

That's the closest I've ever come to being caught for something stupid
>>
>>13888995
Nice, moar?
>>
>>13888995
>Accord vs CVPI
He probably didn't realize you were racing
>>
File: Alona-Tal-cane-315024_656_1000.jpg (255 KB, 656x1000) Image search: [Google]
Alona-Tal-cane-315024_656_1000.jpg
255 KB, 656x1000
>>13888995
>>13888850
>>13888799
>>13888796
Honestly why are you even here?
>>
>hopped up civic sir and rsx type s
>both k20/k24 swaps
>straight piped with racing headers
>hopped up nitrous
>sounds like rolling Thunder
>race goes on for what feels like a minute,
>civic hazards
>faint sound of sirens in the back ground

I love racing but it sucks police are everywhere now a days
'>
>>
>>13889019
It was my friend dingus

>>13889029
Too many cops in all the good areas. I prefer just bombing down backroads in the middle of the night.
>>
>>13889072
>It was my friend dingus
The cop probably didn't realize you were racing
>>
>>13889060
where are my initial d no cop roads
>>
File: 2015-07-05 12.35.57.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-05 12.35.57.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
>>13888794
if street racing was done on twisty roads, or involved some kind of skill that isn't spending money driving in a straight line (which people still somehow manage to fuck up) then I'd do it. Until then, I'll stick with my track days.
>>
File: british-teeth.png (145 KB, 218x307) Image search: [Google]
british-teeth.png
145 KB, 218x307
>have V8 Thundrbird (autotragic)
>friend has turbo'd bug-eyed WRX
>let's ge get burgers
>drive seperately
>reving and clowning up to the main street
>4 lanes and a median
>straight as a bow all the way don to the Wendy's (about 4 suburban blocks)
>i turnwd onto the street and creep until he gets lined up
>sparse traffic lol part of the course
>smirking and looking at each other through the windows
>it's go time
>we both get on it
>i get ahead
>we weave through some cars
>he maneuvers up beside me
>i get bogged by traffic
>he gets way past
>i get free and slam it
>catch up side by side
>we are both doing 80-90 MPH
>green lights covering brake
>get about half a block from the wendy's fun was had
>as soon as we start slowing a cops car appears
>then two more
>we blew past a cops somewhere back there
>get pulled in the street right in front of the wendy's middle of traffic cops are pissed
>we both get a charge called "speed competition" and also w reckless driving"
>12 points mandatory
>loose my license for 2 years

USA btw.
>>
>>13888886
This right here.

Also, nice quints.
>>
>>13889126
>driving in a straight line (which people still somehow manage to fuck up)
This is what people with slow cars say.
>>
>>13889113
I apologize amigo I misunderstood you. And its possible, I thought he would've heard the tire squeal tho
>>
>>13889149
must be rough slamming gears down an 1/8 mile strip
>>
>>13889158
>I thought he would've heard the tire squeal tho
I see/hear people with fwd cars chirp tire all the time going over the wide stop/crosswalk paint lines. They're slick.
>>
>Some guys from a state away think they're hot shit
>They come to the meet and talk big and bad
>Tell them we'll race them
>It's what they want innit
>We get to one spot
>Few guys racing here and there, nothing impressive
>White Z06 almost goes off the road when racing an SRT4 that beat it
>All's good
>One of the foreigners comes in with his LSX late year firebird
>He can't grip anything when trying to race the local S197 Cobra
>Cops roll up
>We scatter and meet up somewhere later
>S197 running ice, prep, the whole works
>Firebird still can't grip
>2nd run
>Firebird spins around, goes into the ditch over a 6 inch curb
>The sound was amazing, as he kept trying to fight the car with more power, ultimately failing
>It's over 15 feet deep and he's so deep in there we can't even see his car's headlights in the darkness
>We pull it out with a gas chevy 1500, two straps, and a chain
>He drives off without a passenger mirror and no major dents

Invest in tires guys.

Otherwise, I don't know why anyone here is so antagonized with street racing.
I understand it's illegal, makes insurance high for everyone, and it's generally done by fucking idiots.
But a lot of you fuckers are serious as shit about being "above" anyone who street races.

Which is mad gay.
>>
File: me.png (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
me.png
1 MB, 1920x800
>>13888886
>supra won
>>
>>13888886
someone has been watching too much street outlaws
>>
When I was 16 I was watching all these TRC videos and thought a street race would be fucking awesome so a friend and I lined up on the highway and floored it and I swear it's like we just sat there and nothing even moved lol. Until I'm 400+ hp there's no point, it's just lame
>>
>ride R6
>see mustang pulling up beside me
>starts to take off
>nope.avi, downshift + throttle
>fly past it
>repeat just about every week

For some reason, only mustang drivers seem to do this here. Even other bikers will normally try from stoplights.
>>
there were some really amazing drivers and some hot ass cars where i live. no one would race you if you were under 21 or known to be a shitty driver.
>>
File: 1439711478344.jpg (85 KB, 504x336) Image search: [Google]
1439711478344.jpg
85 KB, 504x336
>small town
>sneak into local airport at night with some other retards.
>race on runway
>FEELSGOODMAN.jpng
>guy racing a v6 stang
>watch as he goes crashing through the back fence.
>crashing into shit on a run way
>what a dumbass
>lmao my ass off
>realise what's happened and fuck off outta there
>have not gone back since.
>>
>>13889203
why do people even attempt to outrace bikes?
>>
>>13889203
i rode a CBR 600 for a while and EVERYONE tries to race you on a street bike. even teen girls on the way to the mall and shit. it's unbelievable.
>>
>>13889220
How the fuck do you crash on a runway?
>>
Not a fan of the culture, or the people into that sort of thing, but hey, whatever floats their boats.
>>
File: latest[1].png (19 KB, 870x870) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
19 KB, 870x870
>>13889227
>>13889230
I think they just like to watch us go fast.
>>
File: IMG_20150816_013748.jpg (305 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150816_013748.jpg
305 KB, 2048x1536
>>13889196

Seems like you're hanging out with a weakass crowd. I live in a city of under 200k and there are GTRs, Cammed Corvettes, Supercharged and Turbo'd Supras, Big Block Mustangs, 3 Rotor RX-7s, and Twin Turbo BMWs running around.

And they come out often. To every weekend meet, and every other weekend we have races at codenamed places.
>>
>>13889129

And you deserved it. You probably don't feel that way because you're a douche that can do no wrong.
>>
>>13889247
>drag racing
>>
>>13889203

What if someone just wants to go fast from a light, and they don't care about who's next to them? I've jumped off the line with a fucking minivan next to me. You shouldn't always assume someone is fucking with YOU personally.
>>
>>13889247

We had a GTR talk some shit recently. And a compound charged 2004 Cobra came out to front.
They fucking did a 150.
A fucking 150 roll.
Who the FUCK does a 150 roll? These guys did.

Cobra blew up as it pulled on the GTR.
Bad day.
>>
>>13889272
You clearly didn't read my post.
>>
>>13889278
>For some reason, only mustang drivers seem to do this here. Even other bikers will normally try from stoplights.

Implication is that people try to race you.
>>
>>13889262
eh, i thought it was a little extreme. but we were always racing and driving fast. everyone did that i hung with at that time. it was only a matter of time until something went wrong.

i'm am older now and realize that two years of being stuck at home and begging rides off of people made me be more responsible with my license and more respectful of the privilege of driving..
>>
>>13889233
By running at night and being the sort of person who would buy a v6 mustang.
>>
>>13889286
Yes, and what was actually stated was that Mustang drivers do it differently for some reason.
>>
>>13889291

I stand corrected.
>>
1/2
>Mfw friend of mine hits me up to go riding after he been sick and his bike was getting fixed, so he didn't ride in couple of weeks.
>I immediately get on my bike and meet up with him.
>He ends up smoking some bud and wants to go on a adventure.
>I know that every single time he says adventure it's ride to Manhattan.
>We fill up our bikes, get on Belt Parkway and end up in the city.
>I go to the city about once a week for work so I somewhat know the routes and shit and I immediately think of a idea.
>Let's see how fast we can lap the Island of Manhattan.
>We start from Exit 5 and go north, get lost on the exits near G.Washington bridge and end up back on H.Hudson drive back down.
>We magically hit a roll of all green lights, but since we accelerate so fast, we have to slow down before they turn green.
>Keep going until the tunnel, which a parade of cops was going through, now at this point I'm quite disappointed because I really wanted to blast through that tunnel, but staying out of jail is #1 priority.
>We end up lapping the island under 30 minutes, couple be quicker if knew the roads a bit better and lights/cops weren't present.
>>
>>13889295

You know what else is fun. Line locking and baking the tires off at the green. Really pisses off folks behind you though.
>>
I love this shit and it's half the reason I got into cars.
>>
>>13889307
2/2
>So we decide it's time to head home, get back on Brooklyn Br. and near the end of the bridge I spot a guy in a 435i.
>The exit is sketchy and my friend and I are trying to not hit the bumps as hard, and I notice the Bmw almost drifting the fucking corner like a retard.
>We end up stopping at the red with the bimmer, and I look over to see who's behind the wheel, and it looks like some 30 y/o club promoter or someone that isn't "sober"
>He ends up peeling off the line and I chase him.
>We end up flying between cars, he cuts me off, I go between cars like in some Bollywood movie and shit.
>He thinks he can pull away from me, but traffic is around us and I know I can cut between cars like butter, so I spank him 2/3 times, only time he got me was when I tried to cut some corolla off, and he cut us both off like a dick that he is.
>Friend and I loose the guy because he ends up going different exit.
>Friend pulls up at a rest area and checks me if I'm okay after that close call cut off.
>I just giggle and book it home.

Who knew BMW drivers are reckless and do stupid shit... not justifying what we did was any better.

Yea fun times in the city at 1am, if only I had a GoPro or some recording device.
>>
>>13889316
as soon as i get my prelude turbo'd i'm mounting an HD dashcam.
>>
>>13889316
>hoon with GoPro
>get detained/arrested for some reason
>cops get a warrant for the GoPro + whatever you transferred shit to
>felony charges for street racing

That's why I don't have one, and it's why I ride behind the people who do if I'm in a group.
>>
>>13889357
I'm sure there ways to protect yourself from the Popo in terms of putting footage on the internet.

>>13889356
For insurance purposes or hooning?

Anyone tried to break any records or set any laps of/in their city?
>>
>>13889389
There is. Dankwheelie for example only uploads videos that are given to him by others. None of them are of him.

I was talking about the cops stopping you and taking your camera/phone while you still had the footage on them.

>Anyone tried to break any records or set any laps of/in their city?

I'd like to see what the record for a local mountain road is in my city, but I don't know anyone who's serious about street racing.
>>
>>13889389
a bit of both.
>>
>>13889404
What if no cop pulls you over, and you just upload the video on youtube, would you have to upload it through a VPN so they can't track you etc? Can you monetize it, or will that net you to show your paypal and voila, cops at your doorsteps?

>>13889407
Yea then totally get it, idk in NYC it seems after certain hour, there bunch of cunts that want to race their cars. I remember first month or so after I got my bike, I was riding and caught up to a EvoX, downshifted and just looked at the guy, he also downshifted and just left me in the dust, both of us were pushing it, but my lack of riding experience, I couldn't lean/ ride as hard in order to get him. No way was that Evo stock tho, shit was OUT!
>>
>>13889431
>would you have to upload it through a VPN so they can't track you

You could do it that way. Just make sure to only create and access the account through the VPN. Also make sure that nothing from the videos themselves can be used to identify you.

>Can you monetize it, or will that net you to show your paypal and voila, cops at your doorsteps

I guess you could try to find a way to use bitcoin. Might be more trouble than it's worth.
>>
>>13889452
Even if so, how/why would the cops come to my door and try to get me? I know AfroDuck got caught because his plate was exposed and NYPD just looked up their cameras and got his address. Unless I am showing my face, talking so they can hear my tone, or showing that I am the person on the bike, how can they prove it that I am the person behind the camera, and not just a uploader?
>>
>>13889483
That's a good point. There are a lot of riders who beat charges thanks to full gear + lawyering up.

They can still harass you to no end if they want to be dicks, though.
>>
>>13888962
>I got hurt because muh latin boogieman hit me in my basement
>so everyone should die

Nice edge there, shitlord
>>
>>13889584
>shitlord

Go back to reddit, you stupid cunt.
>>
>>13889631
nice rebuttal, faget
>>
>>13888944
Where do you normally run?
415 here
>>
>>13889389
There was that guy in Manhattan with the Z4 that got famously arrested. He had a cam, although no identifiable info from him or the car could be seen, at least when I saw the video. They still found him, I guess by matching up traffic cameras with the footage
>>
>>13888986
i know this sounds like extreme bullshot but twice I've gotten away from cops by turning off my lights and booking it, only using the moonlight to guide me. only go really fast on roads I know well though.
>>
>>13889812
Yes, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_4ghLXaEVM

as I said in >>13889483
>>
>>13889129
>turbo'd wrx
As opposed to the nonturbo wrx?
>>
>>13888986
in the US the cannot take your car. they can only impound it until you go to court and pay off your tickets.
>>
File: 441423444.png (23 KB, 469x446) Image search: [Google]
441423444.png
23 KB, 469x446
>>13889851
just stating that for the casuals
>>
Be drive Lexus sc400 with votech supercharger. Some kid keeps talking shit that his turbo dodge avenger will dust me. Keep telling him lets take it to the track. Kid won't go but won't shut his yap. Be 2am on a Saturday so we hit a remote road and line up. Flat drops and he's in the rearview. Kid crashes at 90 mph. Eats through a draw now.
>>
>>13889851
Glad I'm not the only one who was peeved by that.
>>
>>13889903
Fucking learn how to greentext.
>>
>>13889898
Just saying, makes you sound like the casual
>>
>>13889307
>>13889316

I find find Manhattan to be motorcycle hell. The highways all suck.

What y'all should've done was a day trip north on the Sprain and Saw Mill Parkways.

Very easy to do 100 plus and the twisties are dope AF.

I personally only ride into Manhattan for work or bitches.
>>
>>13888962
>someone hit me
>didn't claim fucking insurance
>>
>street lights turn red
>me and this other faggot start revving our engines, preparing our faggy drag race
>light turns green
>drop clutch
>we start racing, and I am easily ahead of him
>I misshift and put the car in fourth instead of second
>he goes way ahead and I, feeling like a massive fucking idiot, simply back down and drive normally
>the other drivers overtake me and are honking their horns at me
>I stare ahead, pride hurt and manhood in question
>even the soccermoms in their crossovers are laughing at me
I coulda sudokud that day for real
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>be driving late at night with a couple people
>67 Jeepster Commando
> see a restored Willy's Jeep
>talk to guy for a couple minutes
>start revving up in front of park
>dump clutch, go to 2nd (granny 1st)
>beat him by like 2 car lengths
>was going like 40 by end of 100yd drag

>pic related
>>
>Be driving 08 Audi A3 RS
>Was moving friend's crap back and forth from old house to new house because hatch back
>Between the two was a long back-road through a peninsula, lots of elevation changes and twists, meaning fun as fuck to drive, and no cops
>Be my 5th run, come up behind some guy in an 80s Camaro, driving quick, but not 5th run of the day, I am Dagumi, this road is my home quick
>Get to one of the few straightish sections, line dotted yellow because farm equipment in season on this road
>Flash lights and pull out for a pass
>Dickwagon apparently thinks we're racing and pulls ahead of me to block
>Have to slow down considerably to not hit him, adrenaline was already flowing, and now I'm kinda pissed
>guy legitimately starts going at a decent pace
>still on his ass because more power, all wheel drive, and better handling
>around the next corner the road goes down, then quickly goes back up another rolling hill, it's a pretty high-G change in direction considering it's a public road
>done it 9 times now today, so not news to me
>Car in front hits the dip, thick meaty CLUNK and a huge plume of sparks erupt out the back
>Definitely slow down as I watch the vette waggle and guy regains control but pulls over as fast as he can
>continue on my way to go get the next load of my friend's garbage
>Pass flat bed on my next trip with the vette on the back

Legitimately feel bad for the guy, but if he hadn't brake checked me I probably wouldn't have laughed about it and pulled off to help the guy
>>
>>13888794
Nice try faggot.
>>
>>13890202
I have no problem hitting 100+ near the highways around me, nice twisties is what I am looking for tho, tires have .5-1" chicken strips and no way am I leaning that far in streets of NYC.
Manhattan is hell if you are in middle of the day and there's traffic that wants to "race" you, it's retarded seeing taxis trying to keep up, and put their customers in danger. The highways got a bit better, mind you I went out to ride at like 1am on a sunday, so barely any cars.
>>
>>13891330
>80' Camaro
>Vette
Pick one
>>
Strett racing is beyond retarded. If you can't afford to take it to the track, you aren't a real driver.
>>
>>13891399
Fuck off
>>
>>13888799
I bet it is for people who own shit slow cars.
>>
>>13889060
>civic

It probably was a literal minute.
>>
Question for the anons in the thread who have gone to meets.

How did you start going and meeting people?
I'm a little autistic about meeting new people, but none of my friends are into cars. I've driven by a small car meet thats local to me two times and I really want to go. Seemed like it was only imports. Do people care if you have a domestic? My car is an 02 ws6.
>>
File: 1985_chevrolet_corvette_11.jpg (223 KB, 720x538) Image search: [Google]
1985_chevrolet_corvette_11.jpg
223 KB, 720x538
>>13891348
My bad, I wrote camaro, then I got half way through typing and though "wait a minute.. that's not the car I remember" Was one of pic related. I'm retarded when it comes to American cars
>>
>>13891143
>implying a puerto rican will bother to get insurance
>>
>driving at night with gf in my old 5.0LX
>roll up on a MKIII Supra with exhaust and front bumper cut for huge FMIC
>we give each other the look
>he drops gears
>let him take the hit since he has to wait for boost
>proceed to pull on him by at least a car length
>hit light up ahead
>"DUDE, YOUR CAR WAS SHOOTING FLAMES OUT OF THE EXHAUST. WHAT DO YOU HAVE DONE TO IT!?!"
>"nothing, it's all stock"
>"NO FUCKING WAY"
>"i'll pull over at the bank up ahead and show you"
>feeling cocky at this point
>"hey, I bet you $20 I can beat you off the line"
>"nah man, I know you'll beat me off the line"
>beat him easily from a dig
>proceed to bank
>pop hood
>car has E303 cam, offroad h, catback, pulleys, gears, bigger fuel pump, blaster coil, advanced timing dyno tuned but stock intake/exhaust manifolds and airbox/tubing so he can't tell it's not stock.
>dude is in disbelief
>"I can't believe I lost to a stock 5.0"
>"yeah she's a factory freak"
>heading home
>gf asks "why did you tell that guy you don't have anything done to your car"
>"to fuck with him"
>>
>>13891501
And then she broke up with you right? I mean, you must be a complete fuckhead to do that with your gf in the car
>>
>>13891516
>not having a gf that enjoys going fast

Nah brah, she broke up with me a year later for dropping her at her sisters house then not going back. I had a new one in the wings at that point anyway. She liked going to the street races and shit.
>>
>at red light with a friend next to me
>my 1.8l 140hp beast vs a 2.0l 270hp turbocharged wimpmobile
>floor it
>friend stalls
I win
>>
>>13891539
>friend racing his nissan stanza
>other friend in his moms Z3
>Z3 stalls off the line
>it's so much faster that he has time to restart it and still pull us at the end
>>
>>13888794
Hello again, officer.
>>
>>13889220
Used to do that too, till while racing a fucking plane started to come down out of nowhere
>>
>small town
>Drive a Citroen C3
>Friend also has the same car
>some rich fuck is building some private housing and has only done the streets layout (no tarmac yet, only dirt)
>me and friend take time trials and race each other in "our" little rally circuit
it was fun
>>
>>13891404
Suck my dick, pussy bitch.
>>
>late's 90's, just got my license
>driving back from my friends house at midnight in my mom's minivan
>pull up to stop light
>turd gen pulls up next to me
>starts revving his engine
>whatever, rev back
>another vehicle is approaching from behind as the light changes
>he floors it and I take off normally
>the blueberries light up on the car behind me
>I pass him as he's getting pulled over
my greatest victory
>>
>>13888944
Yoooo, Tilden much??
Good to see some east bay bois on /o

>not a nark
>>
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1387664184416.png (391 KB, 2617x3000) Image search: [Google]
1387664184416.png
391 KB, 2617x3000
>>13891155
how do you miss second kek come on mang
>>
>>13890202
>>13891347
Btw, got any good roads off google? I need something decent to ride near NYC.
>>
>>13901037
The Palisades are close. Push your car into the river.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.