[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do we think about the 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: 21975311259_cdb20394db_k.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1386) Image search: [Google]
21975311259_cdb20394db_k.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1386
What do we think about the 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio?
>>
forgot video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn6Jb_MiIbY
>>
File: alfa vs GMshit lol.jpg (64 KB, 691x882) Image search: [Google]
alfa vs GMshit lol.jpg
64 KB, 691x882
is here to save sports sedans
>>
yeah lap times sure matter
>>
>>13886558
found the caddy fangirl
>>
File: Alfa_Romeo_4C.jpg (64 KB, 968x605) Image search: [Google]
Alfa_Romeo_4C.jpg
64 KB, 968x605
>>13886540
What amazes me is that they're going to let it be faster than Maserati Ghibli. Unless there's some cranked up MC Stradale version of that in the pipeline.

Only other thing I have to say about the Alfa is the generic angry soapbox no.127 styling. Wouldn't really bother me for literally any other marque, but c'mon Alfa, we both know you can do better than this. Literally every other car you've made recently has been gorgeous. The hell happened, man?
>>
>>13886545
I like how it was presented in Milano by Andrea Bocelli and his magnificent performance of "Nessun Dorma", and how it was showed to Americans with WOB-WOB-WOB on the background. Europeans will never conquer American market
>>
>>13886623
american-aimed marketing is always cringeworthy

its almost like everything is a call of duty intro
>>
>>13886571
predictable butthurt response
>>
>>13886545
Base version will do 0-60 in 5.5s? Noice
>>
>>13886580
Targeting the mass market happened. They clearly want this thing to actually sell (a lot), not just to be beautiful but fairly rare sight.
>>
>>13886704
With $70k MSRP? Doesn't sound like a mass market price to me. Even with $40k for the base version their plans for US market are quite delusional, but we'll see
>>
>>13886704
Giulietta and Mito are mass market cars, and they look pretty good (to my eye at least). 159 was a mass market car, and those were gorgeous.

Unless you're saying being ugly makes a car sell more, which I guess might be right, if bloody depressing.
>>
>>13886725
>>13886737
It has to sell all over the world, pretty much. They don't have EU- and US-specific models, so this one has to appeal to the broadest possible audience.
I've noticed that everytime the 159 gets posted on /o/ some people (me included) think it looks absolutely gorgeous but others think it's absolutely hideous.
The Giulia isn't really beautiful to my eyes, but it's not terrible either. It's just disappointingly bland, especially coming from Alfa.
>>
>>13886748
>They don't have EU- and US-specific models
Find me a MiTo or Giulietta in US smartass
>>
>>13886757
Those were from before they made their entrance in the US.
>>
>>13886748
You're probably right, and no-doubt if it drives well enough it won't even matter anyway. Trouble is, if that's their attitude one would think it would transfer over to the drive too, and an Alfa that drives like a current BMW but just happens to win the Burgerking Top Trumps right now is the very last thing I would personally want.

Bland, middle-of-the-road Alfa might as well not even exist imo. We already have the Germans for that.
>>
>>13886775
Yeah, I want them to be the slightly crazier, more flamboyant alternative to the German big three. The middle-of-the-road market's saturated already, but sadly it's where the biggest sales numbers are. Just look at VW, Toyota, Hyundai and Kia.
>>
>>13886775
The only strategy for Alfa would be the price dumping, like it was successfully done by Asians in 90s. No one needs another player in US "just because we're bored and driving a German car is not cool anymore"
>>
>>13886795
Alfa has always been fairly upmarket though, somewhere between VW and the big three German luxobarge manufacturers.
>>
>>13886814
People in Europe could understand that because:
1. Muh Soul and Passion
2. No options
Americans won't justify general AR pricing, I can clearly see that
>>
>>13886825
They're good option if you want a bit of luxury with very good driving dynamics, sadly the styling's not really a huge selling point anymore.
>>
I want a wagon.
>>
>>13886836
>f you want a bit of luxury with very good driving dynamics
People will keep buying BMW for that. There is no reason a lot of people will decide to overpay for the new player on the market just to be a special snowflake
>>
>>13886845
Move to Yuroop
>>
>>13886846
They should undercut BMW's pricing and deliver the same performance numbers to get the benchracing crowd. They might also be able to reel in some badgewhores and people that care about "muh heritage" because they have a rich racing history.
And if all else fails they can just use the "Italian flair, soul and passion" trick and hope people fall for it.
>>
>>13886865
>They should undercut BMW's pricing
Did you watch the video? The starting price is $40k. How the hell is this suppose to undercut $33k for the 3 Series?

>to get the benchracing crowd
It's not the benchracers who bring the profit to car manufacturers. Common folks don't care about this shit.

>They might also be able to reel in some badgewhores and people that care about "muh heritage" because they have a rich racing history.
See above

>they can just use the "Italian flair, soul and passion" trick
In Yuroop - absolutely. In US it will only make things worse
>>
>>13886540

Shit. Only idiots that scream "muh Alfa" think it's any good. It will be trumped by the usual trio, plus the real Giulas where Alfa should have made the proper bet, lack proper engines and any real offer to compete in the market segment they tend to insert. It will be a flop.
>>
>>13886891
Even in Yuroop that italian flair thingy is already taken much more as a joke than anything else.

Alfa is circling the drain, much by Marchiones fault. He already killed Lancia and now it'll be Alfas turn.
>>
>>13886540
>Giulia Quadrifoglio

Sound like some tasty pizza
>>
>>13886814

No. Alfa might have had that position in the 60's.

Nowadays Alfa fell among the "generics". Way lower than a VW.
>>
>>13886836

Wat? Alfas till their last iteration were literal pigfats.

Dynamics? On a overweight fwd mostly diesel car?

lel
>>
>>13887103
The last gen did get pretty fucking fat. The 156 was pretty good to drive for its size though.
>>
I'd buy the version worth having, which will not be $70,000. Last I checked comparing them to EU pricing it will be around $100,000. C&D had it at $101,000 and change.
>>
>>13887109

Till the time you had to perform their first service and get anally raped on a simple 1.6 engine with 8 fucking spark plugs made from the rarest shit available otherwise the car would endlessly complain.

That or the fucking engine electrics having temper tantrums worse than a 4 year old on a candy shop.

Fuck that.

Alfa dropped the ball.

The 1.9 diesel engines were no match for the usual trio. The 2.4 was problematic and a freaking gas guzzler.

Alfa dropped the ball, and they still haven't gotten in the bandwagon, neither will they with the Giulia. If they think a high hp car will sell like hotbuns in Europe they're seriously wrong.
>>
>>13886540
Alfa Romeos have stupid looking grilles
It's like a giant jew nose
>>
>>13887135
anti-semites OUT
>>
>>13886540
They're trying to beat the Germans at their own game.
No chance.
>>
File: Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-QV-5.jpg (359 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-QV-5.jpg
359 KB, 1600x1067
Front is 10/10.

I love it. It absolutely shits over every other super saloon in the market in both styling and performance.

Alfa has the sporty heritage, the fanbase and now the product to be back. Lancia is dead but maybe alfa can do the trick.

It could be a little crazier but the market wouldn't digest it.

Italians give you first two rwd alfas in decades (forget the unobtainium 8c) and you only can complain?

Fuck you /o/.
>>
>>13887099
>lower than rebadged Seats

nah, they've dropped, but they haven't dropped that much
>>
>>13887165
two whole rwd cars huh
>>
>>13887146
If the car is actually good this time, they will. People want something else. Something new an exciting.
That's why that Dolly Madison website for cheating in your marriage was so popular.
>>
>>13887188
people want reliability above all
>>
File: Disappointed meme female face.jpg (36 KB, 805x669) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed meme female face.jpg
36 KB, 805x669
>still a year from now
That's too long.
>>
>>13887180

> tfw you're european and two new rwd cars is what we usually get in a decade.
>>
>>13886540
edsel grille
>>
gonna save up for the qv rwd manual in white

i'll also make a showcase video on youtube and play this song
https://youtu.be/yFB931QKH5E
>>
File: uwinboner.jpg (10 KB, 225x200) Image search: [Google]
uwinboner.jpg
10 KB, 225x200
>>13886540
Pic semi related.
>>
>>13886550
What? Only the second gen? You should've compared it with the 1st gen. That would make beta romeo look faster.
>>
>>13886540

i think it's pretty quadri-fugly-o.
>>
best looking 4 door ever imo

and can't argue with the performance

if I wasn't a poor college student this would be my next car
>>
>>13887884
It's on my buy list after I win the Powerball.
>>
>>13886540
About $15k / year away from being able to afford it. WANT
>>
>>13887898
Same, actually. It'd be my 3-season daily if I had the cash
>>
>>13887174

Things work a bit around in the VAG group. It's more Seats are rebadged VWs...

Just sayin.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.