[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you an automotive journalist? >Literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: Matt.jpg (51 KB, 550x264) Image search: [Google]
Matt.jpg
51 KB, 550x264
Why aren't you an automotive journalist?

>Literally get paid to drive cars
>Actually get to formulate real opinions on every car instead of benchracing all day
>All you have to do is write

Seems like the perfect job for you guys. Why aren't any of you doing it?
>>
Because auto journalists need to be Youtube entertainers nowadays.
>>
I'm straight.
>>
>>13885794
I wish I could but I don't have the "TV personality" nor the writing skills necessary to become one.
>>
>>13885806

Good news - If you get good enough, you can just get a team of college interns or /o/ users to write all your content for you. No skill required.
>>
>>13885794
>literally get paid
Except ya don't.
>>
Becasue youve already ruined your name by posting on /o/ every day for 5 years.

Who in their right mind is going to let any of you just show up and driver their cars for "muh journalism".
>>
>>13885794
Having the personality that is required to become one in the first place is arguably worse than slaving away at any other job.
>>
I'd rather die than have a job on-camera.
>>
>>13885794
I'd rather be a racecar driver. I know that makes my opinions worthless but the benchracing automotive journalists do isn't any better than the benchracing everyone shitposting on /o/ does either.
>>
>>13885816
I still don't have the TV personality though. I'm an awkward computer engineer.
>>
>>13885835

Are you declaring that charisma is a detrimental attribute? Sir I contest your claim on the grounds that you are a massive faggot
>>
File: no valhalla.jpg (155 KB, 484x750) Image search: [Google]
no valhalla.jpg
155 KB, 484x750
>>13885876
>8 strength
>2 charisma

FOOK OFF
>>
Matt Farah is a fucking faggot.
>>
>>13885794
>Why aren't you an automotive journalist?
>>Literally get paid to drive cars
>>Actually get to formulate real opinions on every car instead of benchracing all day
>>All you have to do is write
>Seems like the perfect job for you guys. Why aren't any of you doing it?

>implying youll get paid right out the bat
>implying there isnt alreasdy stablished media with ex-race drivers as journos.

Been there, done that. Now go sit on a sharp dick Goober, you piece of shit.
>>
>>13885794
I get paid more, but honestly i'd love to do it.
>>
>>13886081
>Been there, done that
no you havent, autist
>>
I'm not a journalist, but I test cars for magazines and manufactures.
I'm not gonna say the name of the company, but we're just outside of LA.
A lot of the bench racing stuff like 0-60, braking distances, etc that you see in major mags we do.

I got the job through family friend.
I'm an ex-national karting champion.
>>
>>13886121
Is it in Camarillo?
>>
>>13886159
Nope, I know where you're thinking though.
>>
Matt Farrah has not seen a pussy in at least 15 years
>>
I love my job as a Financial Advisor. I'm one of those rare human beings who has more than one passion. To be honest, I actually don't love driving cars. Restoring the old classics is more of my thing. All the old cars drive like shit anyways.
>>
>>13885794
Because I have no intention of either working my why through the journalistic industry until the right job opens up and I have the experience for it, or spending ages trying to get people to let me take videos of myself driving their cars just to watch each video get less than 100 views because I don't have anything interesting to say.

Also, I imagine cars would get boring if they were literally all I did with my life. I like the things, but not that much.
>>
>>13886232

I think plenty of people are passionate about more than one singular thing you fucking mong,

>muh boomer mobile
>>
You have to be a good driver and have relatively unbiased approaches to cars.
>>
>>13885876
>Are you declaring that charisma is a detrimental attribute?
No. A lot of automotive journalists in my local media (yuropoor) aren't even charismatic. Do you consider Matt Farah to be charismatic then? Top fucking kek you fucking brain dead mongloid.
>>
>>13885794
because I hate everything that isn't a stripped down racecar and I have no appreciation for everyday normalfag cars, and performance cars are pretty much already covered by at least 4 or 5 major channels. Also the new performance cars are computers on wheels built for lap times and showboating money instead of being built for enjoyment which is what performance cars are supposed to be built for.

> tldr: I fucking hate new cars and reviewing old cars is boring unless you can make up for it with a personality, which I cannot.

On a side note, if anyone wants to make a channel reviewing older cars that isn't regular-shitty-meme-reviews I think that would be cool. Go around the country checking out the car culture, driving different modified cars, talking with the owners, real automotive journalism. Also, avoid stancefags at all costs.
>>
>>13886358

The only reason Matt Farah has an audience is because he has an entire crew of people telling everyone to watch his shit. Sheep follow suit and watch/post about his crap.

Literally all you have to do to be successful is get some idiots to post your shit to the front pages of their sites, and you're in. Easy. I've done it before.
>>
>>13886121
Do any of your colleagues or even any other journalists/writers browse /o/?
>>
>>13886378
you sound like you're probably retarded. are you?
>>
>>13886381
I thought it was weird that every time he uploads a video it's linked on /r/cars within minutes.
>>
File: 1436542425819.jpg (55 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1436542425819.jpg
55 KB, 395x401
>>13886378
>because I hate everything that isn't a stripped down racecar and I have no appreciation for everyday normalfag cars, and performance cars are pretty much already covered by at least 4 or 5 major channels. Also the new performance cars are computers on wheels built for lap times and showboating money instead of being built for enjoyment which is what performance cars are supposed to be built for.
>implying you're competent enough to test anything remotely fast, be it old or new
>mfw
>>
>Matt Farah review
Let me guess, "wow this car is really fast"
Every review he does is literally him saying that over and over for 10 minutes, I have no idea how or why people watch it.
>>
>>13886395
why don't you tell me why you think I'm retarded anon?
>>
>>13886418

I mean, you bought an S2000, so...
>>
>>13885794
>socially retarded
>actual engineer with actual knowledge
>can't talk enough shit
>can't laugh
>not a fun person at all
>go full autist on every occasion
>hate so called "car people"
>>
>>13886418
I already said. Anyway,can you answer my question please?
>>
One does not simply become aa automotive journalist. You have to know how cars work and how engines and stuff work, also you have to be a good driver and notice all the little things, otherwise you're just reporting what the owner of a car tells you and you become Matt Farah.
>>
>>13886395
>probably retarded.
>probably

This is the guy who spent his welfare check on JDM tyte brake pads only to have the rest of his brake system fail when he took his RWD Civic to a track.
>>
>>13886232
>Financial Adviser
tell me me how not to be poor anon
>>
>>13886460

Except this isn't even hard. Just look at the rotary reliability shit. Tons of views for basic knowledge.
>>
>>13885794
I'm not a furry or other class of subhuman.
>>
meme
>>
>>13885794
Not a silverspooner and I hate ass kissing.
>>
>>13885794
Small market, lots of competition, people don't buy honest, non-hype opinions.
>>
>>13886607
>>13886618
lots of excuses for failure here lads
>>
>>13886659
I don't consider bending over to manufacturers and begging random people for money as being successful.
>>
Because I don't want to leave my home state, thus it is much harder to work from home with such a profession. I'm a pretty decent writer, and have an okay personality. Honestly it's one of my dream jobs, but not really high on that hierarchy.
>>
>>13886672
>says the neet
>>
>>13886693
reported for advertisement
>>
>>13885794
lets see.

1. I can't write for shit
2. I like making money

making it big isn't likely. Most automotive journalists are stuck in the pits of mediocrity.

I'll stick with starting businesses and running them into the ground until one doesn't run into the ground. Much better chances of making good money.
>>
>>13886696
Ok Trump, you got me.
>>
File: 1446526556.jpg (879 KB, 4059x2706) Image search: [Google]
1446526556.jpg
879 KB, 4059x2706
>>13885794
The #1 reason people can't become an automotive journalist is because they don't know anyone the industry.

Let's be real, it's not what people know nowadays, it's who you know. Even if you were the best AJ in the country, you wouldn't get anywhere unless you had connections.
>>
>>13886753
RCR didn't have an in
Stop blaming society for your laziness
>>
>>13886782
He isn't a journalist, he's a youtuber with a tenuous and fleeting popularity, like all youtubers. In 5 years nobody will know who he is.
>>
>>13886782
>RCR

he just became popular for being different with his weird and kinda funny reviews.

now that he's trying to get serious, he's boring as fuck.
>>
>>13886412
Same for Mike Musto, except he sprinkles it with gay metaphors
>>
>>13886782

>implying RCR wasn't actually a Jalopnik side project
>>
>>13886696
>tfw wish I was a NEET
blow it out your ass
>>
>>13886753
>redditcarreviews
>automotive journalism
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>13885868
Where the fuck do you guys think TV comes into play in journalism? Top Gear?
>>
>>13886963
meant for >>13886782
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.