[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup fags, just picked up an 82 Corolla SR5 for 2200 USD. Its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Sup fags, just picked up an 82 Corolla SR5 for 2200 USD.
Its an A/T, im keeping it that way, and the 1.8l 3TC has aftermarket headers and exhaust system.

Its a little rough around the edges but the engine runs perfectly and doesnt leak a drop.
Old owner threw in a replacement fender, inner fender plastic, replacement grill, and corner marker.

Plans are to restore it back to original condition, which is 90% there, and DD it.
Need to repaint the fender/hood, clean and polish the OEM wheels, redo some of the interior, and remove the headers/exhaust.
Oh and atleast upgrade the brakes and add swaybars.

What are some good active forums that i can become a member of?

Also a good place to buy stock parts from?
>>
>>13885019
>SR5
>that beat to shit
>A/T
>2200
fuck anon why?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
Pics arent great cause i took them last night, its in decent shape.
Another 1-2k and itll be good to go.

Also the only rust it has is around where the trunk locking mechanism is.
>>
>>13885020
The fender is the only fucked up thing, i have a replacement.
Also i bought an A/T on purpose because i spend 3 hours in rush-hour traffic every afternoon, cant be fucked to shift.
And "doesnt leak a drop", i went over the engine like 5 times and its so fucking clean.
>>
File: 1344064400560.jpg (47 KB, 560x354) Image search: [Google]
1344064400560.jpg
47 KB, 560x354
>>13885027
Well your second picture makes it look much better.

anyways try.

Tunemytoyota
Toyotanation
corollaforum
rollaclub

Have fun, parts might be hard to find.

Check out RockAuto, if you can find OEM mechanic, suspension parts go for it, everything else 3rd party isn't bad.
>>
>>13885040
Yeah the fucked up fender makes it look worse than it is. Plan to start swapping parts this weekend. Prob going to buy some rattle can paint to make the fender match until i can get the old fender fixed and properly painted.

And thank you.
I figure ill just trade the aftermarket parts for the stock OEM parts and save some money that way.
As far as suspension parts go, apparently 95% of the stuff that can go on an AE86 HachiTofu can swap/fit onto this AE71 so thatll help too.
>>
>>13885051
If you are going to sell any parts I would probably put those on rollaclub, it's been a while but I believe they have a lot of cars and parts come and go through their w2b section.
>>
>>13885054
Just made an account on RollaClub, waiting for confirmation email.
Just remembered the stock headers are in the trunk of the car too, just need everything else connected to it and the hoses that go to the Smog equipment and the belt for the Smog pump.

Fuck i want this week to be over already so i can dive into it.
>>
>>13885019
You overpaid big time.

>A/T, im keeping it that way
Fucking why? The only thing that might make that shitbox pleasurable to drive is rowing through the gears and tossing its lightweight frame around corners since it's slow, has no grip and doesn't handle well.
>>
>>13885114
Hurrr. You fucking mongoloid.
Keep the benchracing to yourself, im not going to be driving this car hard, its going to be my commuter car.
>>
>>13885245
Most of /o/ are bus riders or jobless. They wouldn't understand what makes a good commuter car.
Anyway, I like your car. It'll be pretty handsome when you fix it up. Got any interior pics?
>>
>>13885019
I approve OP
>>
Why did you buy a benchracers car? A corolla/camry would have been better options for the price
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 399x329) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 399x329
>>13885321
Not yet, just got it last night.
Only got the 2 pics before locking it up in the garage and going to bed.

The interior is all there and in decent shape for being 30+ years old.
Gonna try to pull the seats from a diff car and have the stock ones reupholstered cause the foam is too worn.

The rear seats are in good shape though, no stains or tears, and they fold down so i have access to the trunk

>>13885330
Every Camry i was looking at had oil leaks and the indian people selling them wanted too much
>mfw the stereotype is true
>>
>>13885019

Your best source will be ebay probably because its international. Swap the bumper for the jdm chrome piece. Otherwise your plan is great. These are very nice when theyre kept clean. Id love to see one with fresh glossy paint. Keep /o/ updated with your resto.
>>
>>13885907
Ill see about ordering the JDM bumpers, the current ones are ugly as fuck but undamaged surprisingly so theyll be staying on for awhile.
I want to get the whole car to match its current blue coat, the paint on this Corolla is actually pretty good.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.