[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best hot hatch right now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Looking for a hot hatch under 30k in Australia.

There are so many options, primarily looking at demo fiesta sts but Golf GTI and even the Kia Proceed GT are tempting buys.

Im looking at the secondhand market with less than 5 year old cars, which hot hatch should i go for?

I dont need it to be family orientated or particularly safety orientated, I just want enough power and handling for a fun daily driver.
>>
135i.
>>
Mk7 GTIs aren't fun to drive. Fiesta STs are. I'd get one of those.
>>
>>13884527

Can agree with this, also Auto boxes in the golfs fuck themselves often and with great expense
>>
File: 1447827655819.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447827655819.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
>>13884484
>AWD
>360HP
>0-60 3.8s
>premium brand
>pussyflooder

Yep, A45AMG

or if you're a poorfag, Focus RS
>>
>>13884733
A45's are boring as fuck. I drive them everyday and they are the worst.
Focus RS looks incredible
Bmw m135i is rwd and tonnes of fun
Renaults hot hatches are always incredible to drive
>>
File: retro.jpg (121 KB, 576x375) Image search: [Google]
retro.jpg
121 KB, 576x375
Or 595 variations
>>
>>13884484
The Merc has some ridiculous power from a 2.0, I wonder how long it'll last. Also it's a modern Merc so it'll be expensive.
The 208 GTI is a very fun car and a return to form for Peugeot, its major downfall is the Fiesta ST which is even better. The ST has a tendency to eat front brake pads when pushed hard though, because of its torque vectoring system.
The Focus RS seems like an awesome deal, it just has a fucking massive waiting list so good luck getting your hands on one before 2017.
Don't bother with the Audi S3, it's just a marked-up Golf R. Reviews seem to be mostly positive, as is to be expected from VW. They always seem to make great allrounders.
The Astra OPC is insane because it tries to push a lot of power through the front wheels. It'll be a handful but in a straight line there's not much in the price range that can beat it. Looks good too.
The M135i is the only RWD hot hatch, making it a no-brainer if RWD is a must. Not a fan of the styling, but looks are subjective.
The Rio GT isn't really in the same class as the rest of the picture (and the 208/FiST aren't either because they're one size class lower) as it is more of a "warm hatch" instead of a "hot hatch". Not a GTI competitor, more along the lines of one model lower or so, but its price reflects that. Has a few too many headlights in my opinion.

Honestly, just test drive the cars in your price range and pick which you like best.
>>
>>13884797
It's not a Rio, it's a Pro Cee'D
>>
>>13884807
Shit, got the name wrong.
>>
Golf r
>>
>>13884758
>A45 are boring as fuck
>I drive them everyday

Sure, in your Forza, f4m
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.