[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /o/ think of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
>>
>>13884096
It looks like it would over heat like whatever the fuck it is though.
>>
>>13884082
Good news! Dacia are making an option pack for the Duster. The bad news it's not coming to the UK, so on tonight's Prime Gear we are importing 3 to see which one of us can do it right.
>>
/k/ here. a weapon installation like that is pretty retarded on an unarmored vehicle (guessing that that one is). the point of an unamanned gun turret is not exposing yourself to fire, and it doesent matter if the rest of the vechicle wont hold up to even pistol caliber rounds. you cant clear any stoppages/ jams, unless you climb on top of it. honestly a MG of anything through the sunroof is better, since it can be hidden away, because a 2ft high turret is on a civilian vehicle a "shoot me" sign
>>
File: 1409426225550.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1409426225550.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
>>13884210
Lack of armor means increase in mobility and speed. Having a remote turret means less modification and sacrifices in the interior of the car. Thanks for validating that /k/ is still full of children.
>>
Well, the Dacia Duster 4x4 is really neat, dirt cheap, reliable and low on electronic bollocks. Puts to shame several off-road manufacturers. Shame only the diesel engine is worth a damn.
>>
File: tumblr_ngdlwjMx6r1sfo34go1_1280.jpg (352 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngdlwjMx6r1sfo34go1_1280.jpg
352 KB, 1024x683
>>13884210
you don't have to get out of the vehicle to operate the weapons system in cold weather which reduces fatigue and the weapons system can see in all weathers because it has FLIR
>>
>>13884346
lets be honest here, the duster is nothing very fast or mobile, unless comparing it to anything at all with armor.

also, the external turret needs still needs its systems, electrics and shit. and why would i need to modify anything to stick an MG trough the sunroof?

furthermore, no one is ever going to think of that as a civilian vehicle because of its paint and external roll cage.

>>13884372
is a better use of things, because it appears to be some kind of slav .50 instead of the 7.62 seen in OPs pic
>>
Unarmored? Meh, this vehicle was designed to kill protestors.
>>
The Duster is armored. It has armor plates under the engine block and in the doors. The windows are bulletproof. The machine gun is a 7.62. This thing should repalce the Aro our army currently has.
>>
>>13884738
Does it use solid plates or some kind of kevlar fabrics in the doors? I would imagine that weight is an issue with the duster due to the clutch and drivetrain. The Dci itself can surely be chipped to give reliable 150hp.
>>
>>13884750
Solid plates. Additionally, it can be carried by an aircraft, it has an electric winch and external electric outlet of 12 and 24 volts.
>>
>>13884841
Doesn't sound that bad at all. First it looked like a Mad Max-ish cosplay thing, but it could actually be a good replacement for aging UAZ fleet of the eastern Europe.
>>
>>13884904
Yup. From what I heard, this car is gonna be use by NATO in general, some will probably be sent to France.
>>
Bump! I want to hear more about this project.
>>
>>13886690
Everything there is to know has been said.
>>
>>13884082
GOOD NEWS
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.