[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I seafoamed my car and the can said to go out and drive aggressively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 20151023_002433.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151023_002433.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
So I seafoamed my car and the can said to go out and drive aggressively after you're done. After about 10 minutes of aggressive driving I noticed my breaking performance deteriorating. After another 5 minutes my brake pedal was mushy like I was stepping in pudding and my breaking distance was far longer than normal. I don't normally drive my car aggressively but every once in a while I like to push my car around the mountain passes and side streets. I have upgraded my brakes with carbon ceramic pads and drilled and slotted discs from Powerstop. These are only a couple months old so I don't think it's the brakes.

>Tl;dr my brake pedal feels mushy after driving hard but I have upgraded brakes

Anyone got any ideas on what's going on?

Pic related: my car
>>
Have you checked to see if your brake pedal isn't literally submerged in water
>>
>HEY GUISE I USED SEAFOAM AND NOW IM HAVING PROBLEMS

Go join the other thousands of dipshits on Facebook faggot.
>>
>>13882370
>I noticed my breaking performance deteriorating
What?
I think you broke that car just fine.
>>
>>13882370
check lines and master for leaks u dingus, if you lost vacuum to the booster, it would be stiff as fuck, its a brake problem.
>>
>>13882391
Mentioning the sea foam was just there for context. I used sea foam on my past car as well and it caused no problems. I'm not worried about the seafoam. And what the fuck would that even have to do with the brakes anyway.
>>13882378
>>13882394
Probably not the best picture for the post. That picture was months ago. I was on pavement the whole time
>>
You sucked the seafoam through the brake Booster? That's the only reason I can assume why you're blaming seafoam for this. I used the PCV valve on mine instead and had no issues.
>>
>>13882432
Nope. Used the sea foam spray and put it through the intake just before the throttle plate. I'm not blaming the sea foam. Like I said, sea foam story was just for context.
>>
The seafoam part is irrelevant.

By drive aggressively they just wany you to heat the engine up and drive around so you love their product and buy more, cuz it tells you to go drive fast, man.

Best marketing ever, they didnt mean go take the last 2 percent your car had to give.

When was the last time anyone worked on them? Moisture and air is absorbed as the seasons change, and you cant stop it.

They probably just need to be bled.
I could especially believe your brake lines need to be bled by your pic
>>
>>13882498
Especially considering its probably not the pads, prolly not the caliper, def not the pedal, problem is inbetween.

Mushy pedal? Bleed brakes. Tried and true
>>
File: brake-bleed-order.gif (7 KB, 557x357) Image search: [Google]
brake-bleed-order.gif
7 KB, 557x357
>>13882370
Try bleeding the brakes, your fluid might just be old. Remember Subaru's recommended pattern is front right, rear left, front left, rear right.

You also might need a check valve for the brake booster.
>>
>>13882370
That's normal brake fade, resulting from your aggressive driving.

Ceramic pads are great for noise and dust but not so much for fade resistance.

Put some reputable race pads on it. Hawk or EBC or something, a track compound, not a track/street. Powerstop doesn't make anything aggressive enough to avoid normal fade like that, their products are too focused on dust and noise. Maybe their cop or towing lines would do the trick.

If you can live with the fade and compensate for it, don't worry about it. Buy more aggressive pads next time. If not, change those pads.
>>
>>13882527
Hot fluid boils and gets mushy. He just overheated his off brand "sport" brakes, probably on 20 year old fluid.
>>
>>13882498
You drive aggressive to break apart the carbon buildup.
>>
>>13882370
It's just brake fade because you got them too hot. Did it in my old Outback a few during spirited driving. Just let it cool off and you should be fine.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.